LegacyGT.com

Beer Snob Thread - Volume 2

jasejase

I went through a no ipa phase last year... I think a few people did. Im back to wanting ales as my go to. The lager/pilsner kick was nice, and is till enjoy them, but... meh. Im sure this will go back and forth for me. I do enjoy darker beers in the colder months.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We now have Lawson's distributed in Saratoga, as well as a growing number of local stuff. The variety of just IPAs is staggering (nice selection of ABV/strengths from sessions through2x/3x). They're my go to, followed by the occasional weitzen, stout, and rarely a gose. Boomer like variety!

im still sick of ipa's however I drink them still from time to time. Doubles and triples are gross to me now. I do wish the ipa fad would die lol

I'm the opposite, I love the taste of hops, Hoppy-hop, hops, here they go, down into my belly, mmm, mmm, mmm

I could just forego the beer part and just chew on hops, so bitter, so wonderful:lol:

I had an Amber Lager from Pullman, WA over the weekend Boom-shaka-laka lager, it was good, different, tasted exactly like an Amber and Lager at the same time.

Bought Dystopia, Grains of Wrath for this weekend, either Friday or Saturday. I forget the name of it right now but I also bought a Dark IPA yesterday, looking forward to trying that one. Recently I had Dark Lager that came off more like a Stout than anything else. Lately I'm into trying weird new beer combos, idk why.

:lol:

I also still have a Fire and Skulls from Toppling Goliath that I'm looking forward to.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23222/271170/

Looking forward also to Rebel by a Adroit Brewing, a DIPA with Storm Shadow on the label. Been also into DIPAs a lot lately.

Had a No cause For Alarm. DIPA yesterday from Old Schoolhouse in Winthrop, WA, it was pretty good too.

Edited by DickDastardly00

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

im still sick of ipa's however I drink them still from time to time. Doubles and triples are gross to me now. I do wish the ipa fad would die lol

You mean the BBA Stout to the IPA to Hazy IPA to Milkshake IPA wasnt a good path for you?

I went through a no ipa phase last year... I think a few people did. Im back to wanting ales as my go to. The lager/pilsner kick was nice, and is till enjoy them, but... meh. Im sure this will go back and forth for me. I do enjoy darker beers in the colder months.

Been gin and bourbon in the hot days here.

You mean the BBA Stout to the IPA to Hazy IPA to Milkshake IPA wasnt a good path for you?

gotta change it up esp when my friends like the occasional ipa inbetween beers

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Got to say though, 2 years ago I ended up in Toronto for a bachelor's party and we ended up at Left Field Brewery, they had some really good draft choices. I even enjoyed their Milkshake IPA it wasn't that bitter

Grabbed Melvin's new double Imperial Asian-style Pilsner today, called Sampan (at 8%), this should be interesting. Also grabbed a new offering from Mother Earth called Alone in Space, probably be awhile before I can get to either, my beerschedule is getting full

So in other words, what the article is really whining about is that IPAs are still king, which by the way, I said that last year, when BBV and I think JJ claimed they were on their way out. Then I went on to say that IPAs will increase their dominance in the next few years. I'm doubling down on that again right now.

Other than that, I agree that most the beer on the list are overrated and that many of the newer, younger breweries are just flat out making better beer.

Agreed, but will further narrow the field to West Coast IPA's remaining dominant.

PROPER lagers are making a resurgence as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IDK about west coast IPAs remaining dominant, more the scope of the article is narrow. I seen 2 bars in FL which they talked about FL IPA craft beer, a couple in ST Louis, 1 talking about Stone IPA and the rest were Cali bars

Agreed, but will further narrow the field to West Coast IPA's remaining dominant.

PROPER lagers are making a resurgence as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

West coast IPAs are the superior IPA anyway, our fresh hops are incredible. NE should stick to Lobster and let the real professionals brew IPAs

TL/DR - WEST SIDE!!

West coast IPAs are the superior IPA anyway, our fresh hops are incredible. NE should stick to Lobster and let the real professionals brew IPAs

TL/DR - WEST SIDE!!

eh i dont know ive had several west coast ipa's and they seem to have been more malt forward which I am not a huge fan of. I am pretty sick of IPA's but when places like electric, monkish and other big places out there brew new england style ipas it makes you think what is better/more popular. ;)

i dont like chewing on my beer so anything beyond a single ipa i dont enjoy much anymore.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.