jasejase

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had this, pretty good

hqdefault.jpg

"Devastatingly Dank"

Yeah, that about sums it up, was definitely very hoppy, crisp and full flavored.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Singlecut 18 Watt. Much flAv session IPA (5% abv). They just took over the former Schmaltz brewery in upstate NY near me as a 2nd NYS location. Visited their small store where they were spinning vinyl and passing out samples. Nice variety of beer and tunes.

IMG_20180514_152544_462-600x423.jpg

I used be a big non-beer drinker but got introduced to other types of beers, recently learned that I prefer Sours. IPA to me suck ass (to me)

Recently had this Blueberry Sour from a local brewery Widowmaker

NotBrettBlueberry.thumb.jpg.07161f27a0b5b807b104449e11eabed2.jpg

Its a kettle sour, to me it was really good.

Found this one at my local craft beer store, but didnt like the taste of it

smoothiedreams.thumb.jpg.f08888f39a83abbe970dba0d5efe9355.jpg

If you are talking to me, I do not know what SIPA is so I probably have not.

EDIT:

After thinking a little more, I realized you mean Sour IPA, there may have been a chance I had one but I am unsure

I will keep a look out for it.

One thing I am good at is trying beers, I tend to be picky about food but liquors I try it all.

Whenever I visit breweries I get a flight order of what they have, most often than not I try to taste all of the beers they have available if I can get their taster size.

Beer drinking is interesting for sure. It seems when we find 'the best' we've ever tasted, and then go to the next pub, we'd rather try something different to try to find something even better. And then rely on prior 'bests' as order options when the choices are shitty. :lol:

And then sometimes when you go back to it, you'll find that it wasn't even close to the best you've ever had (per your most recent memory). So much goes into the taste of a beer. How clear your palate is. What you're eating with it. How hungry you are. Time of year. Etc.

Yea, there is that but I think the social aspect of it also helps with the drinking. Breweries recently feel like the new social hang out spot but on a budget. Every time I visit one I feel like I am able to be there for a couple of hours and end up spending less than a movie ticket price, most flights are ~$10 for 4-6 2oz tasters and food is usually in the cheap app prices. Really allows you to stretch you money on a budget

Supposed to be in the 70's all week an in the 80's on Thursday. Almost time for a good Cream style Ale. In a few weeks I'll be keeping an eye out for Anderson Valley's Summer Solstice.

summer-solstice-001.jpg

Yea, there is that but I think the social aspect of it also helps with the drinking. Breweries recently feel like the new social hang out spot but on a budget. Every time I visit one I feel like I am able to be there for a couple of hours and end up spending less than a movie ticket price, most flights are ~$10 for 4-6 2oz tasters and food is usually in the cheap app prices. Really allows you to stretch you money on a budget

The social hang-out idea was discussed at the brewery last night. A friend was complaining that people bring their kids. I don't mind it. To me it's sort of the Starbucks Third Space concept or a community gathering place. As long as parents are glaring at others for slightly more colorful language and the kids are being cool, I'm all for it.

Same with dogs. If your dog isn't an asshole, great. If he is, don't bring him to the brewery, and don't tell me he's friendly when he's barking at me or anyone else.

Forgot about this thread. That Summer Solstice by AVB is one I avoided for years and then fell in love with a couple summers ago. Great in a pool or any body of water. Acquired taste though, it can be likened to a cream soda by those that think it’s too sweet. Anderson Valley definitely makes some of my favorites. And the drive to their facility from 101 is one of the most thrilling in the country. Hands down.

Breweries and beer gardens are big business in my area and they would be foolish not to cater to parents. That said, my friend and wife were getting funny looks when their toddler was drinking his kombucha out of a pint glass and running around from the resulting sugar high. Look at pics of gatherings from your own childhood, you may be shocked to discover adults being adults throughout, including enjoying adult beverages. Not having children myself, I enjoy that my friends who are parents can come out responsibly. I also appreciate when we take no-kids trips where we get to clown irresponsibly.

TL;DR : beer good, kids ok, parents better w beer and no kids

I actually tried their Boont Amber first and really liked it. I didn't try Summer Solstice until a few years later. I really want to visit that brewery, it's at the top of my list. Thinking about making a west coast brewery trip next year from Seattle to Northern Cali, with stops all through Oregon on the way down.

struNqfZQnKofSrb9Ayg_2017_0801_AndersonValleyBrewingCompany_BoontAmberAle_220z_2%20%2887cb7c8e5d4787ad1758285f3329dc5aeec71551%29.jpg?w=840&h=525&fm=jpg&q=80&fit=crop

IMG_7870.thumb.jpg.c53a393ae3ed03c330c70cd306d2329b.jpg

Their amber is one of my staples. Oatmeal stout is also a fine standard. Don’t get me started on the brewery, they do great limited stuff there that you don’t see elsewhere. On tap and packaged. Even good mustard. These two bourbon barrel aged baddies came home with me last time I went, eve of NYE. The salted caramel was as the name implies a little busy and too sweet for more than 22 oz. The huge arker if you can make it out is 13.5%. Evaporates on the tongue from that potency. But delivers a mule kick of a buzz. Not for the faint of heart.

When you get to planning that trip, let’s talk. I can recommend more than a few quality stops along that route. There’s even a yearly beer fest hosted by Anderson Valley w national craft brewers in attendance. Think it just passed. But if you plan accordingly, could hit a jackpot of dank beers from all over the country. I haven’t made it to one yet. It’s a single day event but the nature of the road and likelihood of accidents is so high that it’s a camping-only experience. People set up a night or two in advance at the county fairgrounds to get in on the day. I’ve even heard they post a few wrecked cars at the gates of the campground to remind everyone that they will not survive the drive. For reference they used route 253 as a location in some horrible Need for Speed movie, it is a zero-error tolerance road. But fun as hell and one of the reasons I got back into a Subaru after driving it in a Honda truck like five years ago. And the first place I took my wagon when I got it home from Utah. But don’t get me started.

Will do kojak, thank you. Probably next year is my guess.

This weekend I'm headed out to the Rhododendron Festival with the fam, a bunch of friends are also headed out there, with a BBQ at a friend's house afterwards. Lot's of local breweries in the area too, looking forward to trying out some good beers.

Had this stuff in Pt Townsend this week, damn good IPA, I want another one.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7TXerrFERfI/UmSai0ttmsI/AAAAAAAACOk/KpStl8v5nbE/s1600/IMG_1047.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Rather be about it than talk about it. Thread motivated me to get back to AVBC over the long weekend. The drive was so clean with the suspension overhaul I’ve done since the last drive up, shortly after purchase. Had an oatmeal stout, grabbed some swag and beer to go. Building isn’t much to look at, so here’s my girl’s ass in the parking lot. Great holiday for beer, also made it to my local Fieldwork outpost for a couple IPA’s and a growler fill of same on Monday. Made for a slow Tuesday. IMG_8648.thumb.jpg.2652403f5a67485100418f56f0c33cc4.jpg

IMG_8644.thumb.jpg.638ae911e161937a1c4be94cfbcb21fd.jpg