LegacyGT.com

Beer Snob Thread - Volume 2

jasejase

The names and container dressings are getting to be as good or better than the actual contents! I have a sack of old Magic Hat bottle caps that had interesting sayings and even some "you won a free T-shirt" ones....and the T-shirts...from, you know, back in the day...

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had that Sampan by Melvin last night, an Asian style Double Imperial Pilsner with jasmine rice and Sake Yeast (8%). I'm not a big Pils fan but I have to say this one held my interest, tasted like a Pilsner should with those interesting notes added, while remaining very smooth overall.

melvin-sampan-mockup.png

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Blonde Ales and Lagers are not usually my thing but I do drink them occasionally. I had this one last night and it was good, it wasn't sweet as the name might imply, it was far more nutty with maybe a hint of sweetness but not really, invokes memories of eating a fresh hot bag of dry roasted Peanuts at the ballpark on a hot summer day.

96ec5999-b4d0-400c-b81e-a098a8ae0992.jpeg

Duclaw (MD brewery) has a chocolate peanut butter porter called Sweet Baby Jesus.

Pretty sure its a winter seasonal. Highly recommend. Don't think they're widely distributed though

Sounds like a good winter beer, I don't mind a good porter now and then. Been meaning to try this salted-caramel Porter at my local store but it's too warm.

My wife brought home some beer from costco , big bottles not cans, one is a hazy ipa POG. Passion fruit Orange Guava from Reubens brews, the other was a Strawberry milkshake IPA from Silver City. Just totally random, but had the milkshake and it twas very good:lol:

I drink about 1 beer a night, sometimes two, but I don't drink every night, maybe 5/7 days. I figure I drink anywhere from 5-7 beers a week.

The Strawberry Milkshake IPA was better than I thought it would be. I'm normally not much of a fan of fruit-laced beers unless it makes sense like citrus in an IPA. Usually anything with berries in it, unless it's extremely subtle, is a no-fly zone for me. That being said, this beer got the balance right.

Yeah... I may even drink more than that, depending on how the weekend goes. :lol:

This summer has created more opportunity for back deck sundays (and or Saturdays)… Listening to music, playing guitar, sitting outside, and drinking beer.