LegacyGT.com

Beer Snob Thread - Volume 2

jasejase

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent some time laughing at reviews over at Beer Advocate, I mean do these people drink their beer, or fondle it first, then drink it? Because it sure seems like the latter, it seems like some bad touching is going on, especially when they describe heads and lacing...sounds dirty.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I spent some time laughing at reviews over at Beer Advocate, I mean do these people drink their beer, or fondle it first, then drink it? Because it sure seems like the latter, it seems like some bad touching is going on, especially when they describe heads and lacing...sounds dirty.
yeah, man! It's like the haughty, elitist, erudite and obviously 'leftard' pussy wine reviews. :lol::rolleyes:;)

yeah, man! It's like the haughty, elitist, erudite and obviously 'leftard' pussy wine reviews. :lol::rolleyes:;)

I like my beer too but the people that leave beer reviews there are well just...damn. You basically summed it up better than I could. The ratings themselves are a little suspect too, and it just seems like some bias is going on towards the East Coast. Naturally, I blame BBV for this, and even if that's grossly incorrect and extremely unfair, I'm ok with that.

Edited by DickDastardly00

I think overall there's a balance of reviews, but I'd like to make up some somewhat blatantly satirical ones...

"the gentle lace work of head left on the glass was reminiscent of ex-wife's fishnet stalkings. The subtle aroma included notes of Naugahyde and AFT leaking from my LGT PS pump... 3.76/5"

Until they closed a few years ago I still had a uncompleted eeeelectronic listing of the "World Tour of Beers" I had hardly made a dent in on the "computer" of a bar in Albany that I started in the early 1980s. BOOMER

i rate beers on untapped but i dont put some elaborate BS review. it gets stars and i get nifty badges and flare :lol:

You can never have enough Flare, ask Jennifer

http://foreveryoungadult.com/_uploads/images2/piecesofflair.jpg

1ff53b68_jenifer-aniston-office-space-flare-pic1.jpg

Had a nice anniversary dinner last night at the local golf course, it was hotter than balls at 94 though and we were sitting on the patio. The beer list was even more impressive than last time. Bonus points to them for having Narrows' Giant Octopus on tap, love that beer. I ordered a Sumerian Hysteria hazy and drank it down.

After we got home I had a CT beer from Hoof-Hearted, a nice farm house pale ale called TeleTrillDonics. The beer was decent, light and crisp like an apple, refreshing on a hot day and flaked oats added a good mouthfeel. I give it a 3.75/ 5

That beer isn't from CT.

You're right but it's confusing, the can said something about Twelve Percent Brewing in North Haven CT on it, no idea if it was brewed there, or maybe distributed out of there?

Hmm, did some digging on Twelve percent Beer project, they are a distributor and the also do contract brewing

From what I can tell online, there is Twelve Percent Imports, which handles imports like Tilquin, Evil Twin, Off Color, Omnipollo, Stillwater, Dugges and a few others. But then there is the Twelve Percent Beer Project which I can't figure out. I guess these are all American brands such as Hoof Hearted, Decadent, Fat Orange Cat, Nightmare, Abomination, Free Thought and maybe a few others.

level 1 Beanoboy7

1 point·6 months ago

They’re a distributor and contract brew for those under their umbrella. Lovely facility in North Haven, CT

Edited by DickDastardly00

My local beer store is always loaded with many of those brands, they have a large selection of Hoof-Hearted, Fat Orange Cat, Nightmare, Abomination and others mentioned in that post. I don't buy it all that often as I usually favor PNW/CA breweries, but when I do they are usually pretty good.