LegacyGT.com

*** Official LegacyGT.com 1320 List ***

j.reed

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New best mph tonight, but no new ET. 108.15 MPH. Had my man dug-e-fresh and myself driving tonight and no matter what, seemed to always have something go wrong to where the car wouldn't run to it's potential. We did discover that the car does not go fast when flat-shifting. Anybody else want to explain how they do it, if they do? We determined all kinds of weird shit happens when flat shifting, throttle closing, timing reduced, etc.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

^^ Nice. @ 20psi, Unless Jon@TDC tuned you for 20psi, I'd do a compression test asap. edit: didn't see you had 110 in there...

Yeah, I had about 2 gallons of 93 octane and dumped in 6 gallons of 110 to be safe. Only ran it one time down the track and immediately took off the BC. A guy in a new GTO challenged me so I said what the hell for one pass, I'll try it. Boost wasn't holding at 20 psi either. It would hit it for about 1000 RPM's then drop down to 18 or so.

New best mph tonight, but no new ET. 108.15 MPH. Had my man dug-e-fresh and myself driving tonight and no matter what, seemed to always have something go wrong to where the car wouldn't run to it's potential. We did discover that the car does not go fast when flat-shifting. Anybody else want to explain how they do it, if they do? We determined all kinds of weird shit happens when flat shifting, throttle closing, timing reduced, etc.

Yeah I noticed this too after any hard shift I used to get -KC for pretty much the whole next gear. After I switched to my TDC map however that went away, I can now shift much harder without the computer pulling timing.

That said, I haven't logged a flat foot shift (shifting while keeping the gas to the floor) with my stage 2 TDC map, I have some time today, maybe I will go log one now.

It looks to me like it can be tuned out, so maybe Jon could give you some insight... I will report back shortly...

OK, posting back...

Just made some runs... I guess I have never really flat footed this car before, because when I do it now, the car just stops accelerating after the clutch is out. Logs indicate that the throttle is 100 open, but rpms stay the same and mass air looks like a 30% open throttle, what is weird is that boost stays high, 15 psi or so, like the engine is under load but unable to accelerate...

I have gotten this when running the car hard before, and I never really new what it was, I always thought it was boost cut.

When shifting with a little throttle lift, the car is normal, good timing only very positive KC and good power, this is my "normal" shifting when racing or running really hard.

Looks like we have some investigating to do, perhaps a protection Subaru put in place?

lol.. I feel its a good thing the Legacy doesnt let you do that. I have a feeling you wouldnt be traveling down the track much longer doing a shift at full throttle in this car. Something would break..

Sorry I guess I didnt post in the correct format...

- Tronix / 12.91 @ 107.33 / Edgewater, OH / 5EAT / Sedan / PDX Custom Tune,Custom Exh,no cats or res,light whls,slicks,race,perrin intake,reduced weight,Lightweight pulley, 110oct (torco),intercooler sprayer,etc/ 72degrees 70% humidity

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

Well I'm not gonna say much other than garnetredinde said he flat shifted and if the car doesn't let you do that, not sure what other magic pixie dust got him that time. Time to go to cecil... street car event tonight

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to post up my time after running at MIR today:

60' = 2.009

330' = 5.912

1/8 mi = 9.184 @ 76.02mph

1000' = 11.975

1/4 mi = 14.346 @ 95.49mph

3:34pm @ 86~91F, 3475 lbs (driver included), 10th run of the day.

Mods:

2.5" catback straight pipe

Blitz LM drop-in filter

all else stock

oh, on a side note, I invited Phil of Element Tuning to run his 02 WRX and he pulled in a 10:84 @ 131mph just for kicks.. we ran with the 350z club to just mix things up ;) it started to rain at 5pm as we were leaving.

Keefe

I should come up sometime... are you running two-step/launch control?

Keefe

I'd just like to post up my time after running at MIR today:

60' = 2.009

330' = 5.912

1/8 mi = 9.184 @ 76.02mph

1000' = 11.975

1/4 mi = 14.346 @ 95.49mph

3:34pm @ 86~91F, 3475 lbs (driver included), 10th run of the day.

Mods:

2.5" catback straight pipe

Blitz LM drop-in filter

all else stock

oh, on a side note, I invited Phil of Element Tuning to run his 02 WRX and he pulled in a 10:84 @ 131mph just for kicks.. we ran with the 350z club to just mix things up ;) it started to rain at 5pm as we were leaving.

Keefe,

I don't keep up with all your threads, but do you compete in SCCA D-stock? Based on your mods, I realize your car is still eligible to run in a stock class.

Btw, will you be at the Subaru Challenge in September at Ripken?

Keefe,

I don't keep up with all your threads, but do you compete in SCCA D-stock? Based on your mods, I realize your car is still eligible to run in a stock class.

Btw, will you be at the Subaru Challenge in September at Ripken?

He has coilovers so he is in STU with the LGT.

get rid of that stock cluch man and race it!! Your bad ass car should be trapping more mph than that even with that 60'!!

I got a Spec stage 2+ clutch put in about 3 weeks ago.. the stock clutch sucks the big ones! Thats all i gotta say. When any of you get a new clutch you will then see how crappy the stock one is..

Archived