LegacyGT.com

*** Official LegacyGT.com 1320 List ***

j.reed

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
look at the squat... weight transfer has a play in that too

Yep, my lgt sqwats like my ls1 whenever I get on it. It's nuts. Tires are Kumho's with about 530 miles on them.

The thing is before the clutch, I was never able to spin off the line, 6k slip-drop. :)

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

FWIW, I smoked the heck out of the LF tire on a run after they laid down a fresh coat of VHT.

FWIW fresh coat of VHT = stay away. Let a couple guys make some passes on it before you. Fresh coat will result in less traction it needs a couple of runs over it. Another tip you want to get inline behind a nice big tire slick car. He'll lay a nice strip of fresh rubber for ya! Some tracks make street tire and slick tire cars run seperate lanes tho'.

FWIW fresh coat of VHT = stay away. Let a couple guys make some passes on it before you. Fresh coat will result in less traction it needs a couple of runs over it. Another tip you want to get inline behind a nice big tire slick car. He'll lay a nice strip of fresh rubber for ya! Some tracks make street tire and slick tire cars run seperate lanes tho'.

You don't always have the choice. Most times they pul out the spray as you are staging.

FWIW, I mostly always run Test-N-Tune days,so the track workers don't get shot when they put it down before someone's run.

You want to run after a wide-slick car if you want traction. Not an issue for me. In my former FWD days, we wanted some wheelspin for a good 60', so we would avoid a recent slicks-burnout path. As with anything else....it's all in what you want.

Ron

Got a new best ET tonight.

I have a picture of me smoking the front wheels on my first launch, this new clutch holds like a f-ing champ! The track was so slow, breakdowns, etc that I only got two passes. First, front tires went up in smoke and I missed a shift. 13.5.

Second pass, still spun my ass off the line but stayed on it, no missed shifts...

For Cut And Paste (replace 02BlueFirehawk):

MDTURBO / 12.848 @ 106.83 / 1.907 60' / Cecil Dragway, MD / 5MT / GT / stock turbo, Up&Dwn pipes, UTEC, MTS FMIC, Blitz EBC @17psi, 44f, 28.94 bar.

12.848 @ 106.83 (not my best mph or 60', hmmm, clutch musta helped ;) ) I never spun off the line until now, g-damn I love this clutch.

60' 1.907

330 5.339

1/8 8.228

mph 85.65

1000 10.729

1/4 12.848

mph 106.83

What was your race weight ?? BTW, very nice ET.

well after about 3.5 months I finally grabbed the crown back.. Im sure it wont last long, i can see dan at TDC licking his chops already... but here it is..

5EAT LGT..

mods for run...

Magnaflow straight through mufflers..no resonator, no Cats at all.. Lachute DP, HKS UP,Perrin D/I,lightweight wheels,no spare tire, Perrin Crank Pulley, Custom Intake, STi Pitch mount, intercooler sprayer, racing slicks, no pass seat,only about 2 gallons of race fuel (low fuel light was on), royal purple ATF.

I didnt get near as good 60' times as imboon put down, which i cant figure out how to get yet.

heres a link to the slip..

http://angevine.org/temp/finalslip.jpg

60': 1.99

103: 5.10

1/8: 8.29

1/8 mph: 83.52

1000': 10.01

1/4: 12.91

1/4 mph: 107.33

temp was around 52

not sure about humidity, probably a little high because after my 3rd run it started storming.

-Tronix(rais'n the bar)GT

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

What was your race weight ?? BTW, very nice ET.

3300 stock curb weight

-20 with new lightweight rims

~-20 removing spare tire

+10 Amps

- 10 Yellow Top

+ 4 gal of gas @ 7lbs ~+ 28

+ 225 my big 6'3" ass.

Somewhere in the 3523 range

I ran that on 93 as well, wanted to test out the 93 tune I made.

5EAT LGT..

mods for run...

Magnaflow straight through mufflers..no resonator, no Cats at all.. Lachute DP, HKS UP,Perrin D/I,lightweight wheels,no spare tire, Perrin Crank Pulley, Custom Intake, STi Pitch mount, intercooler sprayer, racing slicks, no pass seat,only about 2 gallons of race fuel

60': 1.99

103: 5.10

1/8: 8.29

1/8 mph: 83.52

1000': 10.01

1/4: 12.91

1/4 mph: 107.33

-Tronix(rais'n the bar)GT

Ahhhh a man after my own heart, lose all the weight you can! Does this mean if Tronix dont catch a ration of shit for removing weight items from the car this is now "fair game". I remember reading some guys here hootin and hollerin about removing the jack and spare nevermind interior parts. If this is good by everyone then let the games begin!!

I was considering stripping all the sound deadening material... lol... too much effort... in the ls1 world seats are fair game!!! why not! I probably wont go that far with mine but no doubt that passenger seat weights a good amount.

I think 107 in an Auto is a phenomenal speed with that 1.99 60'... Some cars must have gotten a magical blessing from the factory. :lol:

Well I was against removing all kinds of weight b/c I want to know what my car will do on the highway during a normal day. That is why I leave it in (seats that is) I will remove the spare and the jack though. Just b/c sometimes I do ride without them.

I have no issue with posting times with weight removal though as long as you state what you took out. I think that it is amazing that removing a seat and race gas will get a 5eat that fast!

Honestly I nailed a 1.77 60', if he had, man that would have been like a 12.6!!!

I agree, the reason he hit 107 was the 60'. With a low 1.80 his mph would fall off a bit but the ET would make up for it. any weight out of the car will help 100 lbs is a tenth as a general rule of thumb. The rate of gain is said to be 3:1 with unsprung weight (rims/tires). Basically 30lbs in rim/tire weight will yeild the same benefits as 90lbs from inside the car. I knew I should have removed my shoes before I made my passes..........

New time:

Legacy2005 / 13.45 @101.1 / 1.85 60' / National Trails / 5EAT / Sedan Gt ltd / stage 2 protuned / May 5 2006

Boy, you 5EATs are really puttin it down...

Is that with the 20g listed in the mod list?

Archived