LegacyGT.com

*** Official LegacyGT.com 1320 List ***

j.reed

al-gorithm / 13.716@103.81 / 2.043 60' / Cayuga, ON, CA/ 5MT / GT Sedan / STi UP,Shorty Flow DP (catless) w/ knocked out 3rd cat, AP Stage 2 1.15 91OCT Cobb Tune w/ Vishnu reset/ Temp. 46.4, Baro. ??? / 4.9.2006

Some said the track was slow but I have no idea what that entails. Track is valley shaped. PhilT improved his time too.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the new times coming in, you have to post in the requested format. I don't have the time to change 5+ people's times to the proper format every time I update. Thanks to everyone that already does and continues to do so!

And I check here often, but I try to save the updates to 3 or more times each, maybe two, so don't complain unless its been more than a week since your time was properly posted! I'll get to it! Thanks!

And what is Compulink autostart anyway? I ran once when Atco was set to 1/8th mile and it was on. I didn't see anything different.

Here is my result:

5EAT Wagon GT, Raceweight 3720lbs, spare tire moved, tank is 5/8 full :icon_frow.

AP stage 2 TDC Tune, TMIC, UP, Lachute DP (catted), mid-pipe, Y-pipe, mufflers and pulley.

R/T ..... .365

60' ...... 2.002

1/8 ..... 8.919

MPH .... 78.17

1000 ... 11.652

1/4 ..... 13.986

MPH .... 94.83

My thought as well...

Yes, I did brake torque and sport/manual mode (shift via stick) on 13.98 run.

1st run, my R/T was .779 (fell asleep on the tree) and it did it in 14.2. Hit rev limiter and trany act funny on 3rd (shift via steering wheel)

3rd run, I red light it and ran side by side with a late model vette. He took so long to stage his vette and my left leg slip just a little. :(

Saw at SRT4 did 14.20 who ran just before me.

What RPM are you Brake Torquing to? Your 60 foot time should be much improved, if I remember correctly 3500+rpm should be possible, really floor both the brake and gas until your boost climbs high (I am sure some AT's will post with more/better advice than this...):)

Also what RPM are you shifting at? Even with a slow launch your MPH should be higher than what you are seeing, unless you were shifting very early. Do you have a dyno plot? Perhaps we could map your optimum shift points.

Also your ET and MPH are totally independent of Reaction Time (RT), you could have a 30 second RT and still run 12's. So next time you go to the track feel free to sit there for an extra second or so to get the rpm and boost up before releasing that brake pedal... ;)

Trabbic,

I brake toque to 3k and shifting around 5k or 5500. I just feel like stock turbo have no top end. Plus, with 5/8 tank full is not helping either. My raceweight was 3720lbs with me in it :)

You are shifting early, with a tune, full exhaust and a TMIC, you have plenty of top end. (Have you been to the Dyno?) Shift closer to 6000 I bet you gain 5 mph and a couple tenths, plus consider leaving it in 3rd to finish the 1/4, you will be close to redline, but it should be faster than letting the car shift into 4th. (I may be wrong about this, any suggestions AT's? I don't know how fast the AT shifts)

By shifting early you are loosing the mechanical/mathematical advantage that the lower gear gives you.

Try brake torquing as high as the tranny will let you also, it may take a second for boost to build, but you should be able to get your rpm higher and cut that 60 foot time down. Drag racer's adage: ".1 in the 60 foot, is good for almost .2 at the 1/4."

You are correct your race weight is pretty heavy! Next time disconnect the trailer, and siphon out the gas.:icon_bigg Last time I went to the strip, I was putting in 3 gallons at a time the week before so I didn't show up with more than a 1/4 tank! :lol:

I'll try to remember that next time. I did reach rev limiter on my first run and screw up timing.

I was suppose to take my wagon to work and have less than 1/2 tank by the time I get to track. But, I called out :)

I'll use a remote control next time and save 190lb off the car :lol:

I just leave my 5EAT in the sport mode and let the computer do the shift for me. I trust that it will shift much more precise then I can with that damn auto lag shifting. It is so hard to tell when to shift the manualmatic mode so that after it finally shifts you don't hit the limiter.

Leave it in sport and see what you get

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new best ET tonight.

I have a picture of me smoking the front wheels on my first launch, this new clutch holds like a f-ing champ! The track was so slow, breakdowns, etc that I only got two passes. First, front tires went up in smoke and I missed a shift. 13.5.

Second pass, still spun my ass off the line but stayed on it, no missed shifts...

For Cut And Paste (replace 02BlueFirehawk):

MDTURBO / 12.848 @ 106.83 / 1.907 60' / Cecil Dragway, MD / 5MT / GT / stock turbo, Up&Dwn pipes, UTEC, MTS FMIC, Blitz EBC @17psi, 44f, 28.94 bar.

12.848 @ 106.83 (not my best mph or 60', hmmm, clutch musta helped ;) ) I never spun off the line until now, g-damn I love this clutch.

60' 1.907

330 5.339

1/8 8.228

mph 85.65

1000 10.729

1/4 12.848

mph 106.83

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Here it is, no I did go off-roading before hand. lol... dirty car..

http://marylandturbo.com/misc/rps_roasting_the_tires.jpg

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

If the front tires are smoking, isn't that real hard on the center diff?

And your point is???

You either want to go 200-300K with no maintenance, or you want to turn in the 12s. Take your pick!! :lol:

Ron

I know i'm stupid but, I thought with AWD the front tires wouldn't be smokin like that???

Good time however, with those tires goin like that...

Remember that the front diff is open (no LSD) on the LGT (unlike the STI).

FWIW, I smoked the heck out of the LF tire on a run after they laid down a fresh coat of VHT.

Ron

Archived