LegacyGT.com

*** Official LegacyGT.com 1320 List ***

j.reed

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New best for me tonight as well.....

mccorry / 13.679 @ 98.83 mph / 1.913 60' / National Trails / 5MT / GT Limited Sedan / Cobb Stg 2 w/ Cobb catted downpipe and ERZ catless uppipe / May 5 2006 / Temperature ~ 72 F.

New time:

Legacy2005 / 13.45 @101.1 / 1.85 60' / National Trails / 5EAT / Sedan Gt ltd / stage 2 protuned / May 5 2006

I love the 5eat numbers these days, seems to be in consistent mid 13's with stage two tunes. Whats your final goal for a 1/4 time, if your putting the 20g in?

I only ran a 14.9@90mph with my 5EAT. Im only cobb stage 1 though, but my best 60ft was only 2.0. I couldn't get my REVS up to launch. I CAN launch at 3500, but i was only getting to launch at like 2900 3k. I just couldn't get the revs up on the line for some reason.

Oh, and that 14.9 was in just regular D mode. Not sport's mode. I didn't even try manual mode.

I think I need to learn how to launch a lot better, my two best so far:

13.732 @ 101.89/ 2.001 60'/ .871 rt/ Beaver Springs Drag/ 5MT/ TMIC stage 2 TDC E-tune 93 Octane

13.888 @ 102.86/ 2.148 60'/ .624 rt/ Beaver Springs Drag/5MT/TMIC stage 2 TDC E-tune 93 Octane

I also have catless UP, full turbo back(catted DP), and a Perrin inlet hose. Should'nt my times be a lot better than that? Beaver Springs is known as a bit slower strip, but I would think I should be a bit faster than that. I probably just need to refine my launch a bit. Any suggestions?

I only ran a 14.9@90mph with my 5EAT. Im only cobb stage 1 though, but my best 60ft was only 2.0. I couldn't get my REVS up to launch. I CAN launch at 3500, but i was only getting to launch at like 2900 3k. I just couldn't get the revs up on the line for some reason.

Oh, and that 14.9 was in just regular D mode. Not sport's mode. I didn't even try manual mode.

Why wouldn't you track in sport more?

I think I need to learn how to launch a lot better, my two best so far:

13.732 @ 101.89/ 2.001 60'/ .871 rt/ Beaver Springs Drag/ 5MT/ TMIC stage 2 TDC E-tune 93 Octane

13.888 @ 102.86/ 2.148 60'/ .624 rt/ Beaver Springs Drag/5MT/TMIC stage 2 TDC E-tune 93 Octane

I also have catless UP, full turbo back(catted DP), and a Perrin inlet hose. Should'nt my times be a lot better than that? Beaver Springs is known as a bit slower strip, but I would think I should be a bit faster than that. I probably just need to refine my launch a bit. Any suggestions?

Your trap speeds are good for way better times.

Damn, you Central-Ohio guys rock!!! :D Good show, brothers! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Your trap speeds are good for way better times.

Thats very reassuring :icon_bigg I just need to learn to launch better, and maybe shift faster. I'm afraid if I shift too fast, I'll put too much stress on the tranny.

Thats very reassuring :icon_bigg I just need to learn to launch better, and maybe shift faster. I'm afraid if I shift too fast, I'll put too much stress on the tranny.

It look like your key thing is a better launch. You need to be in the 1.8xx range. Actually, I get pissed when I have a 60' of 1.9xx or slower!!

Ron

It look like your key thing is a better launch. You need to be in the 1.8xx range. Actually, I get pissed when I have a 60' of 1.9xx or slower!!

My best 60' so far is 2.001 :lol: I suck.

My problem is I either bog it on the launch, burn clutch, or ease it too much. I can't find a happy medium. I've been driving standard cars for years and never had one that takes this much perfection to get 'right'. :(

My problem is I either bog it on the launch, burn clutch, or ease it too much. I can't find a happy medium. I've been driving standard cars for years and never had one that takes this much perfection to get 'right'. :(

I don't know if you golf, but I found the launch to be a lot like a golf swing.

Once you learn the basics, just let your body do it. The more you think about it, the more you screw it up!!

It usually takes me 4-6 runs to get smooth with my launch without bogging or slipping too much (I do 4,500, then a medium-speed release). I then stop thinking about it, and do OK.

Well, yesterday I never really got into the "no thinking" zone. After a few runs I rolled out of the lights in one lane, then after a few runs in the other lane, I rolled out there, also. This plays with my head, so I never got away from overthinking the launch, and I only had one run in the 13.40s, a couple in the 13.50s, and the rest in the 13.70s (I was in the 13.40s mostly when I ran last Fall).

I only do it 2-3 times a year, so I forget the "feel". Once I get it, though, the launch is very sweet and you feel great when you nail it right!

Ron

Avishar / 13.778 @ 98.42 mph / 1.901 60' / National Trails / 5MT / GT Limited Sedan / Cobb Stg 2 93 w/ Perrin DP/ May 5 2006 / Temperature ~ 75F. Full Tank of gas ;)

Don't know when optimal shift points are though :(

A better clutch would almost certainly make the launch much easier.

Dont engage the clutch too fast and hold your rpms at around 5.5-6k and you'll cut low 1.9's. Unless you're at some race event, take your time off the green. Nobody says you have to cut a perfect light at test and tune. The idea is to practice your launching, so take 2 seconds to launch. :) Just get the rpms right, hold them there, and let up until you feel it grab and let off all the way. It all happens within a second so it's hard to describe it, but it'll feel right when you do it right.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Dont engage the clutch too fast and hold your rpms at around 5.5-6k and you'll cut low 1.9's. Unless you're at some race event, take your time off the green. Nobody says you have to cut a perfect light at test and tune. The idea is to practice your launching, so take 2 seconds to launch. :) Just get the rpms right, hold them there, and let up until you feel it grab and let off all the way. It all happens within a second so it's hard to describe it, but it'll feel right when you do it right.

With the stock clutch, I have not had much success running 5K or higher on the launch.

4,500 gets me consistently in the 1.8xx range, with a 1.810 best. When I do it right, I get no clutch smell at all, it seems to be "relatively easy" on the clutch, all things considered. As I mentioned earlier, if I get a 1.9xx or slower I feel it was a bad launch.

I do agree with LittleBlueGT about the clutch. I'm not jumping at the chance to replace it, but I figure that within the next year when I should be up to 50-60K (I have 31K now) it will probably be new clutch time.

I never care about the R/T at test-n-tune. I will take 1-2 seconds when I get a lone run. Of course, this past Saturday there were cars that needed a whuppin' that pulled up next to me, so I did the usual "3rd yellow leave".

Ron

Avishar / 13.778 @ 98.42 mph / 1.901 60' / National Trails / 5MT / GT Limited Sedan / Cobb Stg 2 93 w/ Perrin DP/ May 5 2006 / Temperature ~ 75F. Full Tank of gas ;)

That a boy, Danny! ;)

^^ Nice. @ 20psi, Unless Jon@TDC tuned you for 20psi, I'd do a compression test asap. edit: didn't see you had 110 in there...

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Archived