LegacyGT.com

*** Official LegacyGT.com 1320 List ***

j.reed

Well, C&D got a 5.2 and a 14.2 on the GT sedan they tested.

IMHO, the biggest factors for magazine tests are (1) the drivers and (2) the test conditions. One (or both) of them will list the temp and altitude of the testing at times, and they seem to do a lot of testing in hot weather and/or at higher altitudes.

Launching an AWD 5MT takes some practice to get it right and get a decent 60' time. I wouldn't read too much into the differences in these models by the mag tests.

Ron

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FWIW, I noticed about a .1 sec advantage in 60' times w/ springs and better tires. With the stock suspension, the front would come up dramatically, and the front tires would spin. After iON springs and PZero Nero tires, much less pitch, and better traction.

• 2 weeks later...
New personal best. Clutch wasn't holding too well though

STi2LGT / 12.837 @ 105.25/ 1.761 60' / Atco / 5MT / Sedan GT Ltd / Autospeed TBE & UP Cobb Stge 2 / 52° F/ 2-25-06

wow! thats one of the best times i've seen for those mods (stock turbo and intercooler right?)

wow! thats one of the best times i've seen for those mods (stock turbo and intercooler right?)

Only performance mods I have are the ones I have listed besides a Kartboy SS. next weekend if it is slightly cooler and my clutch is gripping ok, I am gunning for the top spot with a stock turbo in this thread.

If not, I am gonna pull some weight, then try. I gotta run some logs though, seems like me car dies out for and instant on the 1-2 shift.

nice time|! Atco seems to have the fastest times now-a-days. Was at cecil but opt'ed not to race since the clutch is on it's last leg...

whenever the list gets updated, can you change my old name (02bluefirehawk) to my new name? Thanks.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Wow nice!! Yeah I figured my 12.80 would not last very long into this year. But it's great to have so many of us into the 12's now. My buddy is bringing his Z28 to Atco tomorrow and was looking for me to bring the Legacy along.

Yeah I have to go to ATCO. I looked up some stuff on the internet and it seems that there is some major debate on whether or not it is downhill or not. So I am not sure how "legit" that track is. However, if it is, I need to get down there!

llol, yeah I heard it was downhill... only way to tell to tell is race at both Atco and Cecil the same day. lol. Well sort of a way to tell.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Atco is downhill here we go again, BWA HAHAHA completely ridiculous!!! I've ran there with the SS it's no different from E-Town, and Westhampton (when it was open here on the Island). Trust me i'd put hard cash up that track is no different than most others. In fact that place dumped a boatload of money into the facility over this past winter. Brand new launch pad,barriers . Heres a video to check out. Have a good look seems pretty level to me.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25753&highlight=Atco

BTW Atco is closed today high winds. Such a frggin trip for me E-Town is closer but thats still 110 miles each way sigh........ I hope they open this track they are planning for us on Long Island. Welp there are some others running today so lets see where the bar winds up at after the whole weekend passes:icon_bigg . Should be a fun spring season as we watch these cars get faster and faster. Reminds me of the early days on the LS1 board. Hell 12.20's were an amazing accomplishment on stock internals now there are guys going low 11's LOL.

Just watched the video STI nice run. Man these freakin cars squat something unreal. Bet doin some stiffing up in the rear would help the 60's out. Look at that track prep! Atco always preps the track well you can see the VHT line looks to be out to the 330 mark. What happened to that Camaro thats was next to you? He left real hard but looks like he lifted. Nice run!!

Just watched the video STI nice run. Man these freakin cars squat something unreal. Bet doin some stiffing up in the rear would help the 60's out. Look at that track prep! Atco always preps the track well you can see the VHT line looks to be out to the 330 mark. What happened to that Camaro thats was next to you? He left real hard but looks like he lifted. Nice run!!

Thanks man. Yes suspension would do wonders for that 60', just don't know what route I want to go. The camero left real hard, had a 1.5 60, then something let go and he just coastd down the track. Not really sure what happened.

i think im fastest stock 5EAT...

You could be even faster. How did you launch? If you launched at stall speed, you could probably get your 60ft time down to the 2.0-2.1 range. That alone will knock another .3-.4 off of your overall time and put you in the mid 14's! :)

Guys I've noticed on this thread that nobody is saying what tires/wheels or suspension they are using. We can see from the Road & Track tests of both the Legacy GT (5MT) and the B-Spec their times are GT: 0-60 5.6, 1/4 14.3 @ 96mph. B-Spec: 0-60 5.1, 1/4 13.7 @ 99mph. The only difference in cars is tires/wheels and suspension. Something to consider as it effects launch = time.;)

(If i've missed it in the previous 6 pages...sorry)

I've been wondering a little about the R&T numbers myself as R&T generally seems to run on the conservative side of things in their test data but these numbers seem well above what most others are reporting for their stock LGTs. Of course tires, weather, driver and track would account for some of this, but the other car's numbers didn't seem inordinately strong.

Was this Spec B a ringer or something ("Gosh, how'd that STI motor slip in there? Clumsy assembly line workers.") Just a very good running example? Subaru was more aggressive with '06 ECU updates than first thought?

Archived