LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

I've been driving without a pad on the clutch pedal since I bought the car. Finally put something on. Not difficult, but more tedious than I anticipated.

http://i.imgur.com/zLQOOta.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lSXb4mD.jpg

I'll have to replace the accelerator pedal to match ay some point, since my 2010 just has the black plastic one.

Don't know if you find some humour in it. But the radio is playing and right after the hit the girl says "distracted" and then he says "minor speed bump".

Hopes it's fixed quickly and no quarrels with the other person with handling it

Don't know if you find some humour in it. But the radio is playing and right after the hit the girl says "distracted" and then he says "minor speed bump".

Hopes it's fixed quickly and no quarrels with the other person with handling it

I didn't notice that...but it made me chuckle.

Cars get fixed, no peoples hurt.

I've been driving without a pad on the clutch pedal since I bought the car. Finally put something on. Not difficult, but more tedious than I thought.

I'll have to replace the accelerator pedal to match ay some point, since my 2010 just has the black plastic one.

If you shave down the rear if the plastic pedal, you can fit the gas pedal cover easily. It's much easier if you remove the gas pedal assembly so you can see where to sand down (with a small semi circular file)

If you shave down the rear if the plastic pedal, you can fit the gas pedal cover easily. It's much easier if you remove the gas pedal assembly so you can see where to sand down (with a small semi circular file)

That's good to know. I was just going to pick up a used sti/wrx pedal, but this would be cheaper and easy as well.

Installed the TYC clone 2015-2017 Ford Mustang LED projector foglights with Lamin-X yellow vinyl (3.75" to cover the whole lens). After adjusting the vertical alignment, I am very happy with the output, spread, and color of these foglights. And with grabbing the bezels off a parts deal site, and the dash switch and relay from a part-out, I came out under what it would've cost for a standard OEM foglight kit!

djrzQGa.jpg

W3loQEl.jpg

3CCGECs.jpg

3ESlxTk.jpg

eqFlRj2.jpg

Don’t know if you guys remember the hit and run my car went through over a year ago, but rear quarter panel started bubbling recently so brought it back to the body shop again to get fixed. I also asked them to repaint entire bumper as my kids scratched the shit out of the freshly painted new one I had put on from hit and run. They said they would for $400 so be it. I thought to myself while they have the paint mixed up I might as well remove hella horn face plates which are horribly faded to get them painted ruby red too lol!! I picked up car 3 days later and body guy brought me out to the car to show me the work and I was very pleased. I then said I’m ready to pay. He gave me the key and said it’s on us, have a great day!!! I was floored! I figured at least $450 with bumper and horn plates. I thanked him up and down and took off. Some pics...85bc87af0b90d13526929a704b971c6a.jpgd49c1b7cd36020db0657554bb4d84365.jpg07b47dad4b86145d6dfd89349408b7ad.jpg3fd608e402015df996540170ba58acfc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks super sweet

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Had my tires mounted on my new rims.. and they f*ckin scratched 3 of my rims. I had a buddy do it l at the shop he works at. He did the first one and it's fine . The other 3 were done by another guy and he scratched them ! They will be replacing my rims one way or another .2e3da6410ae094573b9882652235b608.jpgb8e29656964e47144022b229e9c27190.jpgb3adae7fa3709b3fd2239e0250e74f70.jpg

A week ago, when I was out of town, my wife calls and says the lights went out (low beams). Odd. Both at the same time (or possibly within a few days of each other). Found that old letter from Subaru extending the warranty on the bulbs and she went to the dealer and had them both replaced. Huh!

Then, took the Legacy to the ski trip; TX <> CO; just over 1900 miles. two adults, two kids (one a teen) and all our stuff. 31 mpg for the whole trip. Nice!

When there, the car was really difficult to start; so today I replaced the crappy Subaru battery (it was oxidizing all over the place) with Interstate from Costco.

Next up - I need to go to the dealer and complain about torque converter. The car died on me today at the stop sign and threatens to die (really rough slowdown but keeps alive) quite frequently. Sigh. Not sure if they will be willing to do anything unless I can reproduce...

Had my tires mounted on my new rims.. and they f*ckin scratched 3 of my rims. I had a buddy do it l at the shop he works at. He did the first one and it's fine . The other 3 were done by another guy and he scratched them ! They will be replacing my rims one way or another .2e3da6410ae094573b9882652235b608.jpgb8e29656964e47144022b229e9c27190.jpgb3adae7fa3709b3fd2239e0250e74f70.jpg
Damn no bueno, sorry hear that. Next time if you put blue painters on top it actually prevents this. I know it's not gonna fix the situation at hand. But for next time at least it will help, it will be hard to get them to pay for it. But worth a shot. Let us know how it goes

Damn no bueno, sorry hear that. Next time if you put blue painters on top it actually prevents this. I know it's not gonna fix the situation at hand. But for next time at least it will help, it will be hard to get them to pay for it. But worth a shot. Let us know how it goes
Thanks for the tip.

They will pay for it. Its in the works.

Finally got my grill almost done, lol. I need to mount the emblem and I am through with that.

Not sure how I will mount the emblem just yet but my most dominant thought is just spray some great stuff on the back and stick it on. And I am only a little kidding.

Two things for anyone taking this path.

1.Take the grill all apart and glue the chrome to the black backing, it will be so much stronger and easier to put back in. I had to Frankenstein mine because the black backing fell apart when I started cutting it.

2. Be careful where you put glue or epoxy the backing is recessed into the front bumper. I had to trim some of the recess away because of said Frankensteining.

Anyhow it's on and it's done. And I refuse to show anyone the back of it. Because yes it is that bad. I may buy another grill to go at it the way I stated above. And the PL premium is awesome just clean up the plastic and it will stick.

e2fe000e99de0b20621d52cba1e6dffe.jpg1d8675f8b835b2285a94b800194b4fb4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Finally got my grill almost done, lol. I need to mount the emblem and I am through with that.

Not sure how I will mount the emblem just yet but my most dominant thought is just spray some great stuff on the back and stick it on. And I am only a little kidding.

Here is what I did on the Outback. I epoxied a large head carriage bolt I found at the hardware store to the back of an emblem I got off Ebay. I still have the grill if you want more pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/moab123/Subaru/D3DDAC47-4964-4865-8735-EA44E6A95101_zps0tbzl3a7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/moab123/Subaru/A0682A46-17AB-4676-B538-8710E7C5AB91_zpsohnpo6s4.jpg