LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

People should be giving all the specs anytime they post or ask questions about any wheel and tire combo, but unfortunately most people are dipshits and only post half assed or useless info. I guess no one ever taught them to be clear when they speak.

Thanks man..... /sarcasm.....

Ok i'll feed you baby birds....

at the bottom of my post is THE LINK FOR MY BUILD... with every little bit of info .... but because I don't want to be a "dipshit" as the God of the forums clearly called me... good job belittling people tough guy.

255/35/19 on a 19x9.5 +40... I have coils but haven't installed them yet.

Edited by GTEASER

Ok, I'm happy I asked because your build thread just mentions you have coils and makes no distinction that they're not installed yet. Does this mean you're clearing the struts then?

I ask because I'm trying to figure out what tire size I want to go with on my 19x9's, so I'm asking just about anyone that's on 19's and 9 inches or wider.

Ok, I'm happy I asked because your build thread just mentions you have coils and makes no distinction that they're not installed yet. Does this mean you're clearing the struts then?

I ask because I'm trying to figure out what tire size I want to go with on my 19x9's, so I'm asking just about anyone that's on 19's and 9 inches or wider.

yup, they clear the spring perches but there is going to be alot more fender work to be done on the fronts than anticipated.. which is why im sort of uncomfortable with this setup. I test fitted them last night and am not sure... yet. 01b4c712d65cff1bbd848f8a9806ed2d.jpg06af74db2e9aadfe693066effb5642e5.jpgf02f86b0ba343f37b0bdf35b92e9f4bc.jpg261dccc6dacbd6924f3701ea3f0c937d.jpgb09b689fb95b8d1d0a25cb93f35a3881.jpg56a2dcfe28f944bb35a238706ad5144a.jpg0f5453a1fef5ef07187f5eac775a9763.jpg

I have absolutely zero concerns about fender clearance. My incoming wheels are 19x9+50. If I hit anything, it'll be the strut. I'm considering running spacers and just get the tire width I want anyway. Or I could go full-on enabling and go with coils, although I'm pretty sure my wife would murder me in my sleep since she knows where I live.

I have absolutely zero concerns about fender clearance. My incoming wheels are 19x9+50. If I hit anything, it'll be the strut. I'm considering running spacers and just get the tire width I want anyway. Or I could go full-on enabling and go with coils, although I'm pretty sure my wife would murder me in my sleep since she knows where I live.

Yup... technically you're 3.7mm closer to the strut...

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=255&aspect=35&diameter=19&wheelwidth=9&offset=50&width2=255&aspect2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=9-5&offset2=40

Thanks man..... /sarcasm.....

Ok i'll feed you baby birds....

at the bottom of my post is THE LINK FOR MY BUILD... with every little bit of info .... but because I don't want to be a "dipshit" as the God of the forums clearly called me... good job belittling people tough guy.

That wasnt directed at you at all. I was reacting to ellesedil's comment from the perspective of the rampant vagueness of wheel and tire info and single posts making statements with no explanation or discussion that I see so often in the FB groups and on other forums. Everyone around here is pretty good here about following up in the discussion if they inadvertently omit critical info.

Sorry if you took offense to my comment.

Edited by GTEASER

That wasnt directed at you at all. I was reacting to ellesedil's comment from the perspective of the rampant vagueness of wheel and tire info and single posts making statements with no explanation or discussion that I see so often in the FB groups and on other forums. Everyone around here is pretty good here about following up in the discussion if they inadvertently omit critical info.

Sorry if you took offense to my comment.

Kind of on this same topic, I see a lot of vagueness/assumption in groups like Legacy Owners Worldwide (note it doesn't say 4TH GEN Legacy Owners Worldwide), where people will just ask things like "Will 245/45/18 fit on 18x9 +40 without fender modification?" and assume everyone will know they're talking about on a 4th gen, and I always think like WELL YEAH IT'LL FIT A 5TH AND 6TH GEN JUST FINE BUT I DOUBT YOU'D HAVE MUCH LUCK ON A 1ST GEN. IDK WHAT F*CKING CAR YOU HAVE.

Details details details folks. :lol:

Getting my summers put back on this morning due to a sidewall bubble in my rear left winter tire. I'm getting the winter replaced under warranty since they're only 5 months old, but they're an odd size so they have to order the tire, so the tire shop suggested swapping to the summers in the mean time since it's dangerous to drive with the bubble, and it's starting to warm up around here. Really really hope we're done with snow at this point. :eek:

qicNJtf.thumb.jpg.fbd4c21f994ccc39eaedb594787882dd.jpg

Installed the Perrin Shift Stop and Bushing. Got under the GT for the first time. I was surprised that the shifter cable goes up over the trans and back down to the passenger side. I crawled under the driver's side and looked all over for the shift plate. :)

Before -

After -

Edited by Falcor

Laid out all my to-be-installed suspension bits last night to go over with the shop. The amount of time I've been gathering/sitting on these parts for is ridiculous. :redface: Bought my Koni fronts 9/16/2016 lmao. Happy to finally get this all in on the 27th.

c4l93Mg.jpg

I won't lie, I do wish I would've known about the Cusco strut option long ago, as I could've just snagged those with H&R springs probably and been enjoying suspension a year+ ago, but I know I'll be thrilled with the Konis, so I don't regret it.