LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

I won't lie, I do wish I would've known about the Cusco strut option long ago, as I could've just snagged those with H&R springs probably and been enjoying suspension a year+ ago, but I know I'll be thrilled with the Konis, so I don't regret it.

Eh Cusco struts for 5th Gen? Didn't know that. Is it a wrx fitment?

Eh Cusco struts for 5th Gen? Didn't know that. Is it a wrx fitment?

Nope. BM/BR specific fitment. There's a thread around here somwhere from the last few months. Part number 687 65T FR.

Pretty reasonably priced too. https://www.vividracing.com/cusco-touring-shock-absorber-set-subaru-legacy-wagon-0914-p-151386899.html

You can always pickup the OE Denso MAF off Amazon or elsewhere for ~ $72 new... works even better than the rebranded Subaru part no.

https://www.amazon.com/Denso-DAC197-6130-Mass-Flow-Sensor/dp/B004J378G8

yeah I got the Denso one off of Amazon, only took 9 days to get to my house from TX... installed it and IMMEDIATELY the car was running like it should....

end result is I asked SOA to reimburse me for the sensor and the diagnostic fee that I had to pay another dealer who said nothing was wrong.

Nope. BM/BR specific fitment. There's a thread around here somwhere from the last few months. Part number 687 65T FR.

Pretty reasonably priced too. https://www.vividracing.com/cusco-touring-shock-absorber-set-subaru-legacy-wagon-0914-p-151386899.html

So do we know that they're a direct fit with usdm springs and tophats?

So do we know that they're a direct fit with usdm springs and tophats?
To my knowledge no one has installed these yet in North America. I can only assume that since Cusco is in Asia, some JDM owners are running them. I don't see why they wouldn't work with the other USDM suspension components. Edited by GTEASER

Here's the diagrams for the struts on a USDM GT and a JDM GT. The only difference I can see in the stock assembly is the addition of an inner dust cover under the bump stop (which being marked "Bilstein" is likely only on the Bilsteins that came with the tS model). The strut, top hat, upper spring seats, and all the mounts look identical.

USDM:

DY227hr.png

JDM:

TuJ3KVZ.png

The rears are identical from what I can tell.

USDM:

qHMkWuJ.png

JDM:

nHjAEIP.png

To my knowledge no one has installed these 1st in North America. I can only assume that since Cusco is in Asia, some JDM owners are running them. I don't see why they wouldn't work with the other USDM suspension components.

I'll let y'all know if I end up getting them when my shocks go out.

Well, I didn't get this all done today.. but over the last 2 days..

Brake pads (2nd set, 137k miles)

New Belt

New Plugs (2nd set)

Rotated the tires

Flushed the brake fluid.

Ordered a new low oil level switch since that light never turns off anymore.

Wondering if that means I have to drain all the oil or I can get away without doing that... thinking I'll jack it up from the back so the oil in the pan is all loaded toward the front. (fresh oil 2 weeks ago..)

Installed my K & N intakes in the Stinger. Glorious twin-turbo sounds. Since there are also two blow off valves they go right squirlly sputtering and popping at different times... It's marvelous.

Fun fact... My car doesn't have exhaust manifolds, they are integrated into the heads with the turbos mounted directly to each head. And the wastegates are electronically actuated.

Installed my hawk hps pads, bled the brakes, changed the oil, and found the rear shock was loose from the top bolts...idk if the spacer settled a little or what. Unfortunately I didn't get to bed the pads yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

Fun fact: dried, baked, and decayed lizards are hard to identify when they have been trapped behind brake pads for who knows how long, lol.

Also started working on my diy grille. I'm not 100% how it's gonna work out just yet, but if it looks good I have enough material to do the lower opening as well.

e88364c94080e82e8f85b763c3480c89.jpg75f3866bd179b83f1a7d6a185c59f616.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Edited by FLlegacy

Installed my hawk hps pads, bled the brakes, changed the oil, and found the rear shock was loose from the top bolts...idk if the spacer settled a little or what. Unfortunately I didn't get to bed the pads yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

Fun fact: dried, baked, and decayed lizards are hard to identify when they have been trapped behind brake pads for who knows how long, lol.

Also started working on my diy grille. I'm not 100% how it's gonna work out just yet, but if it looks good I have enough material to do the lower opening as well.

e88364c94080e82e8f85b763c3480c89.jpg75f3866bd179b83f1a7d6a185c59f616.jpg

The grill pattern looks spot on. Just gotta figure out how your gonna actually keep it on huh?

Back on topic,

I installed my Prothane rear diff bushing inserts. PITA to put on, the back bolts dont have much clearance for a socket, and the bottom bracket needed to be impacted off. To get the impact wrench to line up, you have to unbolt the exhaust and take off the hanger on the y pipe...

I also did the milk jug delete. The hardest part was trying to take the jug off itself... FML.

The grill pattern looks spot on. Just gotta figure out how your gonna actually keep it on huh?

Back on topic,

I installed my Prothane rear diff bushing inserts. PITA to put on, the back bolts dont have much clearance for a socket, and the bottom bracket needed to be impacted off. To get the impact wrench to line up, you have to unbolt the exhaust and take off the hanger on the y pipe...

I also did the milk jug delete. The hardest part was trying to take the jug off itself... FML.

I have some 2 part epoxy for automotive plastics, so I hope that will do it.

If your epoxy doesn't do it, then a smear of PL Premium PU adhesive rubbed on to the frame, left to get tacky, then a thick bead and press the mesh into it and those things will be married together like an old Irish Catholic couple.

If your epoxy doesn't do it, then a smear of PL Premium PU adhesive rubbed on to the frame, left to get tacky, then a thick bead and press the mesh into it and those things will be married together like an old Irish Catholic couple.

Crap I should have thought about that first...might return the epoxy and just go that route.

embed little metal tabs in the pu, then tighten the mesh with those. Like the metal tabs on those folders for kids that you fold to hold the sheets. its the way i did mine.. once the mesh is positioned i just glued all the metal tabs down. sorry i could only get pics monday

embed little metal tabs in the pu, then tighten the mesh with those. Like the metal tabs on those folders for kids that you fold to hold the sheets. its the way i did mine.. once the mesh is positioned i just glued all the metal tabs down. sorry i could only get pics monday
Genius.

Brass split pins glued down then fix the mesh to those.

Advantus Round Head Solid Brass Fasteners, 1-Inch, Size 4, 100-Count, 84C https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00B4NPDRW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jxdPAbXE303PX

Genius.

Brass split pins glued down then fix the mesh to those.

Advantus Round Head Solid Brass Fasteners, 1-Inch, Size 4, 100-Count, 84C https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00B4NPDRW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jxdPAbXE303PX

thanks yah like those... then i cake them in whatever glue to avoid rusting.