LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Definitely communicate the issues to your tuner and be direct. I learned the hard way. Also a rich cold idle is normal but it should dissipate quickly once the cat warms up, unless you don't have a catted j pipe. Then you are probably normal. At wot my afr pegs at 11.14 my understanding is that is the lowest the AP will read because of a software limit. It is also my understanding the fmic ups the boost peak a few hundred rpm. Having the fmic means you won't heat soak as quickly or at all, you are still limited to how much boost the tune/turbo provide safely and how much boost the tuner feels is safe for your engine.
Spot on FLlegacy!

The 11.14:1 or 11.x:1 is more of a AF/Lambda sensor calibration limit set in the stock and most tunes. It's what Subaru decided the Denso wideband AF sensor is 'good' to in terms of perceived accuracy and so they a. scaled it and b. pegged it to read no richer than 11.x:1.

What this translates to is that your AP or any other monitor/logger will typically show the sensor readout down to 11.x:1 and get pegged. So you might be hitting that 11.x:1 if your AF Error is low or you might actually be running a point or two richer and you'd never know without an independent wideband.

Some guys have had luck experimenting and getting the stock sensor to read 'accurately' down to about 10.4-10.5:1, rescaling and expanding the readable range to that ratio using a proper windeband for reference. By doing so your monitor/logger or AP will see AFRs down to 10.4:1 on stock hardware.

But to what end and to what real benefit? Once you need something like this, you might as well just install a full-time independent wideband sensor or use one for tuning only and call it a day.

Thanks guys.

With your information and a bunch of internet research I have learned a lot today. It looks like my AFRs are good. I'm going to email my tuner about the weird feel at boost, the laggy feel, and the rough transitions. I think I will also take a log of those things happening and ask him to take a look. I'll also ask about the steady WGDC because I am curious, and because I'm interested in a broader usable power band. I'll also ask what he thinks is my limiting factor right now. I bet it's my ACN91 and stock turbo, but I'm interested in his thoughts.

Thanks guys.

With your information and a bunch of internet research I have learned a lot today. It looks like my AFRs are good. I'm going to email my tuner about the weird feel at boost, the laggy feel, and the rough transitions. I think I will also take a log of those things happening and ask him to take a look. I'll also ask about the steady WGDC because I am curious, and because I'm interested in a broader usable power band. I'll also ask what he thinks is my limiting factor right now. I bet it's my ACN91 and stock turbo, but I'm interested in his thoughts.

Have you read the power road blocks sticky ? Lots of great info in there .

Installed new (to me) tires and tpms sensors. Tires are Procontact Tx ssr 235/50R18 and the sensor are oem subaru off ebay. Both used items, but the tires are between 7-8/32 and the sensors are 4 years newer manufacturer date stamp. Ateq took care of the tpms light. Speedometer is off a bit according to will they fit, but not enough to bother me. These should hold me over until I decide on wheels at some point. $300 for the tires, $50 for the sensors, and $60 for the mounting are tough to pass up when you're on a budget trying to get a house.

http://i.imgur.com/0dmFYl6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZVK7oep.jpg

Installed new (to me) tires and tpms sensors. Tires are Procontact Tx ssr 235/50R18 and the sensor are oem subaru off ebay. Both used items, but the tires are between 7-8/32 and the sensors are 4 years newer manufacturer date stamp. Ateq took care of the tpms light. Speedometer is off a bit according to will they fit, but not enough to bother me. These should hold me over until I decide on wheels at some point. $300 for the tires, $50 for the sensors, and $60 for the mounting are tough to pass up when you're on a budget trying to get a house.

http://i.imgur.com/0dmFYl6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZVK7oep.jpg

Those looks so tall! Congrats on the purchase though

Have you read the power road blocks sticky ? Lots of great info in there .

I have, thanks.

Right now I'm very happy with my power level, the only thing I'm dreaming of improving is spool and response. To me that means either e85 or meth, neither of which is likely to happen this year, if at all.

The only e85 station near me is by my work, and I would be kind of uneasy being so far from a station on days off. On the other hand, meth injection is more complicated and expensive and requires more monitoring and fail safes.

This might be all I do for this car... of course I thought that back when I got the downpipe...

Received my ODS module back. Installed it and BAM! It worked!! ODS Module reset and dinging is gone. I will update my post as well, but if anyone needs to reset their ODS sensor, I used tarasanastudio's service on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/tarasanastudio?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Quick communication and quick turnaround.

Feeling discouraged after failed coil/exhaust install. Turns out you can't do much with one socket set while working out of a storage unit. Also: socket sets don't have "rust" sized sockets.

Taking it to AWDTuning next week to let them use the proper tools. They'll have two black GT's for a day if islandborn's is still there...

I tried and failed again to find the plastic rattle in the driver's side of the dash. Thought it was one of the panel clips in the door around the speaker. I noticed the little rubber washer was missing on a few clips and the clips were loose. Went to the hardware store and got some new washers...still rattling.

My wife says let it go, but I will not admit defeat. :)

I spent some time on Saturday evening and Sunday morning dropping the manifold again just to fiddle with the nameless dp. I dented the area near the waste gate and positioned it so there's no more flapper interference.

I've become very proficient in taking that thing off. Don't want to do it anymore though. Now I just have to reschedule a date for the tune.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I tried and failed again to find the plastic rattle in the driver's side of the dash. Thought it was one of the panel clips in the door around the speaker. I noticed the little rubber washer was missing on a few clips and the clips were loose. Went to the hardware store and got some new washers...still rattling.

This may be of help since we are related to the Outback. Post #105 on page 11 is a fix for one of the Outback sounds. Earlier posts have found a couple of other annoying sounds. http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/138-gen-5-2015-present/381858-annoying-dash-noise-11.html

Edited by DugsSin

\

I'm with you....never admit that the damned car has beaten you.:rolleyes:

Let me share a little story about chasing an annoying sound........... Way back in the day I had a Triumph TR-3B...it had a clickity click sound in the motor area....which sounded more like a clackity clack sound if you were standing in front of the car. I adjusted the valves and a number of other small things to no avail.... then went "all in".... tore the engine apart, had all the push-rods balanced...had the crank and cam balanced, ported and polished the head (Since it was apart) replaced all the con rods and pistons (All balanced too)....Very cool and lots more power....BUT the clickity click was still there :mad:

One day I drove into my local gas station and the young mechanic came out and asked me "Why don't you tighten your fan bolts?" The fan on those TR motors is held on by 4 small bolts...he pulled out a 1/2" wrench and leaned in to the engine bay, tweaked 2 of the bolts and said "Rev it up"

No more ckickity click ever again......apparenly 2 of the bolts were about 1/2 a turn loose.....only cost a couple of thousand to build the motor and and nothing to fix the annoying noise.:lol::lol:

sxSAPl8.jpg

Edited by Scooby Fan

^^^ It's a long thread but they found other fixes for "somewhere in the dashboard area" noises. :cool:

I'll have to check it out. My rattle is somewhere by the parking brake switch. You can hear the sound in the video.

Edited by Falcor

I am getting ready to start ordering parts for my timing belt. Does the OEM Water Pump 21111AA380 come with a gasket? The parts description says water pump complete.

I started pricing out OEM belt and tensioner vs the Continental Kit. I am usually an OEM part junkie, but its $200 cheap to buy the Continental kit with the belt and idlers. I leaning toward the continental.

Edited by dgoodhue

I am getting ready to start ordering parts for my timing belt. Does the OEM Water Pump 21111AA380 come with a gasket? The parts description says water pump complete.

I started pricing out OEM belt and tensioner vs the Continental Kit. I am usually an OEM part junkie, but its $200 cheap to buy the Continental kit with the belt and idlers. I leaning toward the continental.

When I bought the oem pump, it came with the gasket. Almost 99% sure. If it doesn't, I have a spare waterpump gasket you can have.

Continental kit I used was all quality made in Japan stuff. NTN, Koyo, and Continental branded belt.