LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Yes , my set up is 245/45/18, but my concern is running the eibach with the 16” wheels during winter

Talking about wheels when it comes to ground clearance is a little silly. you should be talking about your tire sizes

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=245&aspect=45&diameter=18&wheelwidth=8&offset=40&width2=215&aspect2=65&wheel_size=16&wheel_width=7&offset2=38

I assumed widths and offsets but that won't make a difference in ride height. small drop in ride height less than 3/16". and 215/65/16 tires are a pretty cheap size too.

I'm on stock-diameter (225/45R18) winter tires with Eibach springs, no problems yet. Granted, we've had some pretty wimpy winters since I installed the springs, so I haven't really had any opportunities to plow snow, and I'm sure your circumstances are a little different out on the east coast than mine are in Wisconsin.

Just ordered Eibach springs. They still have them @ $106. Said the warehouse is shut down until the end of the month so they will be shipped in the beginning of January.

Asked how many they have in stock, they said 33 more.

Now I need a discount on Konis.

I believe the 2014 has enhanced capability compared to the 2010 head unit. Ours can only connect to streaming via the aux cable. I have the media hub installed on my car, with a blackberry stereo gateway for streaming audio from my phone.

Haven't received the confirmation of auction won email from MyJapanBrand yet since they're closed this whole week, but I watched both auctions till completion and I was the only entered bid on both, so I may as well post about these.

Won myself a set of the very rare OEM lightweight aluminum front LCAs from a JDM Legacy tS. For those unaware, these are factory items on the Legacy tS and technically STI arms, but NOT part of the STi catalogue, so they can't really be ordered. Only real way to find them is a tS part out. Also the only lightweight or aluminum front LCAs specifically for our cars.

I needed to do front LCAs this year anyways so it's very fortuitous that these popped up. Going to go with all new Superpro bushings and the +caster one as well and probably get these polished up.

Part numbers ST20202EZ000 & ST20202EZ010

vWiKUl1.png

z5h5WSm.png

Had to buy a jug of Rotella T6 while I was out and about today because my oil light came on. My last oil change was ~2000 miles ago and today it was below the low mark (hot).

So this is the first time it has burned oil in a long time. I added about 3/4 of a quart and the light turned off.

The jug was $30 at Autozone and $20 on Amazon, so I feel pretty good about always ordering from Amazon...

Full price is usually somewhere around $20 if you buy it pretty much anywhere other than an auto parts store, from what I've seen. I stocked up a month or two ago when it was a couple bucks off at Menards, plus the $7/gal mail-in rebate.

...and by "stocked up", I mean I bought 4 gallons, which is probably a 2-year supply if I stick to just putting it in the Baja. Might try it in the Legacy once, just for giggles, since I don't think I have any more of the Pennzoil Platinum I usually use sitting around.

I've become an Amsoil junkie. With your member pricing it's very competitive with major brands and having it delivered rather than dealing with Wally world mess :rolleyes:

Been using the Legacy for work duty last 8 weeks so put a Carhartt seat cover on. Same quality as Carhartt work clothes tough as nails as worth every penny.

Edited by DugsSin

I have used Amsoil in everything since the 80's. Cars, motorcycles, ATV's, Snowmobiles, Snow blowers, Lawn Mowers, Chainsaw, etc. I live in Las Vegas and it helps with the high heats and I have a cabin in the Utah mountains. So it helps with the extreme cold as well. Great oil, I only change oil once a year so the price is about the same as dino with less oil changes.

Ordered a PCV valve today. Car is at 76k, and though I've never had an oil burning problem before, I've had to add two quarts since my last change, so I figured I might as well do the PCV to see if it helps.
Changed the one on our Tribeca just this past November. 165k miles. Still doesn't burn any oil. But the 3.0 not 3.6 sadly I am of the opinion the 3.6 was a downgrade from the 3.0

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk