LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

paid for another healthy oil report from Blackstone Labs @93.2k miles. there is quite the growing list of parts i want to get for a spring refresh tho, Konis (& KYB fronts strut for them to go in), KYB strut mounts front & rear(who thinks this isn't necessary?), 13-14 oem springs, Mevotech FLCA's (mostly for the pancake bushings), turbo coolant lines (god knows they are about to fall apart), probably should replace the clutch before getting cryo tuned... also a tubosmart kompact 34mm plumback BPV, and AVO TMIC or process west khanacooler(anybody have feelings one way or the other?). and of course I felt a small vibration under braking this morning so hopefully that pans out to be nothing... JEEZ what else should i throw on top of there?

Curious, why the OEM springs and not Eibach's?

Likely to keep factory ride height.

Humble's on the money, as much as i would love to lower it for the look and "track" handling, i hammer this thing on some truly terrible roads. if you ever saw the "road" (read pothole ridden suspension destroying masterpiece) that runs through my condo community you'd probably recommend i raise it. there used to be an ALRIGHT line you could take to get around it but after this winter half the "road" is sitting next to my garage where they push the snow when plowing.

Humble's on the money, as much as i would love to lower it for the look and "track" handling, i hammer this thing on some truly terrible roads. if you ever saw the "road" (read pothole ridden suspension destroying masterpiece) that runs through my condo community you'd probably recommend i raise it. there used to be an ALRIGHT line you could take to get around it but after this winter half the "road" is sitting next to my garage where they push the snow when plowing.

It's getting absurd in the Schaumburg area near me too. Everywhere around is becoming like a rally track. Some of the bumps on the highway are impossibly dangerous at highway speeds, and stuff like the circle drives around Woodfield Mall and Stratford Square Mall are becoming like the rough road testing facilities that car makers use. It's horrendous, like bad enough I feel like even the cushiest factory car would feel it at this point.

Edited by Humble Rumble

It's getting absurd in the Schaumburg area near me too. Every where around is becoming like a rally track. Some of the bumpers on the highway are impossible dangerous at highway speeds, and stuff like the circle drives around Woodfield Mall and Stratford Square Mall are becoming like the rough road testing facilities that car makers use. It's horrendous, like bad enough I feel like even the cushiest factory car would feel it at this point.

my GF's parents got a brand new Q7 about a month ago or so and i can say we certainly still felt the bumps, although it made much less noise than in my LGT.

I went to the Subaru dealer and paid $300 for a CVT transmission fluid flush. I have 96K miles on it and the mechanic told me the fluid was extremely dirty. When I got my car back it drove so much nicer. A much more solid speed transition. No delays when I speed up and much more responsive. Just thought I would share in case somebody else has been putting it off.

I picked up the oem stopper for the front struts and the boots for both front and back. I tried the stopper that came with the eibach springs for the rear shocks and it is very loose compared to the fronts which are a tight fit, is it okay to be loose for the rears?

I picked up the oem stopper for the front struts and the boots for both front and back. I tried the stopper that came with the eibach springs for the rear shocks and it is very loose compared to the fronts which are a tight fit, is it okay to be loose for the rears?

I wouldn't be overly concerned with it being loose. I am sure they all are after a while.

I wouldn't be overly concerned with it being loose. I am sure they all are after a while.
If its so loose that it slides back down the shock rod on its own, then get an OEM one and cut it down. If it simply slides easily, don't worry about it.

If its so loose that it slides back down the shock rod on its own, then get an OEM one and cut it down. If it simply slides easily, don't worry about it.

This. The stopper Eibach provided has a hole that’s too big and it slides down the rod on its own. If Eibach springs were made to use the factory struts, wouldn’t they know the stopper they provided is too big?

Also, I don’t remember seeing an rear bump stop on the diagrams , can someone provide with the part number they are using ?

After this past winter, KC roads are in horrible shape. There are still news stories about all the pothole damage to cars, mainly wheels.

This. The stopper Eibach provided has a hole that’s too big and it slides down the rod on its own. If Eibach springs were made to use the factory struts, wouldn’t they know the stopper they provided is too big?

Also, I don’t remember seeing an rear bump stop on the diagrams , can someone provide with the part number they are using ?

Call me the Zoo Keeper.....cuz I'm feeding the animals. ;)

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2012_Legacy-25L-6MT-4WD-Premium-Sedan/HELPER-REAR/65156942/20371AL010.html

I had these on my STI and liked them. I used them with RCE black regular guy springs.

Hey could I pick your brains on these shock absorbers want to be able to adjust the stiffness and softness of my ride

https://www.vividracing.com/cusco-touring-shock-absorber-set-subaru-legacy-sedan-0914-p-151386905.html#

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I had these on my STI and liked them. I used them with RCE black regular guy springs.
Sweet I might pick them up then, rocking tein lowering springs on OEM strut assembly for 2 years now want to make a more comfortable ride for myself and others now [emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Went to put this in the mods thread, but it was closed, as are a lot of the stickies.

Anywho, I just got confirmation from COBB that their new turbo blanket will fit the factory GT turbo.

Yep, closed em to keep the banter out of them so they would not be so cluttered. Myself and the rest of the 5th gen mods can add things to the stickies as they come along.

Let me.know when you get this on and I'll add it to the sticky.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Bought some Motul 300 transmission fluid to see if it improves the shifting in the winter. I remember reading somewhere in the forum that you shouldn’t change the transmission fluid all once unless a shop is doing it. Can someone confirm this ?

Bought some Motul 300 transmission fluid to see if it improves the shifting in the winter. I remember reading somewhere in the forum that you shouldn’t change the transmission fluid all once unless a shop is doing it. Can someone confirm this ?

not sure why you'd want to change the fluid in stages as it would just leave behind contaminants, i never read that so i don't believe its in the service manual. i changed mine this past, all at once, and i haven't had any issues... i did use motul gear 300 and there was certainly an improvement over the old gear oil, and, it being almost impossible to make a comparison to when it was fresh, i'd say its feels a little nicer than the Subaru 75W-90 Gear S that was put in at 60k. we'll see how it holds up with a Blackstone Labs test in comparison to the gear s(which was still in good shape according to BSL) in a few years