LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

I purchased the rubber seat ,spring seat and space for the front struts. Tried putting them together, pretty straight forward , but I’m struggling with the rubber seat . Is it suppose to be loose or wrap around the spring seat? I couldn’t find any clear pictures to see how it goes assembled. If anyone could please point me in the right direction

I purchased the rubber seat ,spring seat and space for the front struts. Tried putting them together, pretty straight forward , but I’m struggling with the rubber seat . Is it suppose to be loose or wrap around the spring seat? I couldn’t find any clear pictures to see how it goes assembled. If anyone could please point me in the right direction
What part number is it that you are having trouble with? I've assembled lots of fronts and there was no separate rubber for the seat.

What part number is it that you are having trouble with? I've assembled lots of fronts and there was no separate rubber for the seat.
The upper spring seat is a separate piece, no?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The part number is 20325aa001

For the Legacy this is the upper spring seat and the bottom side where the spring sits up against has a rubber insert built into it.

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2012_Legacy-25L-6MT-4WD-Premium-Sedan/SPRING-SEAT-FRONT-STRUT-UPPER/49229577/20323AG00B.html

What you bought was the OUTBACK upper spring seat rubber isolator.

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2012_Outback-25L-6MT-Premium/RUBBER-SEAT-FRONT-STRUT-SPRING-UPPER/49229582/20325AA001.html

The Outback front springs have a larger diameter at the top of the springs and use a different upper spring seat than the Legacy, and therefore require the rubber isolator. Make sure you didn't buy an Outback upper spring seat, it will not work with your Legacy springs.

For the Legacy this is the upper spring seat and the bottom side where the spring sits up against has a rubber insert built into it.

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2012_Legacy-25L-6MT-4WD-Premium-Sedan/SPRING-SEAT-FRONT-STRUT-UPPER/49229577/20323AG00B.html

What you bought was the OUTBACK upper spring seat rubber isolator.

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2012_Outback-25L-6MT-Premium/RUBBER-SEAT-FRONT-STRUT-SPRING-UPPER/49229582/20325AA001.html

The Outback front springs have a larger diameter at the top of the springs and use a different upper spring seat than the Legacy, and therefore require the rubber isolator. Make sure you didn't buy an Outback upper spring seat, it will not work with your Legacy springs.

Thank you! I will return those parts. I also checked and I do have the correct spring seat. I also received the dust covers for the rear shocks and noticed they didn’t have stoppers like the front, but My eibach springs came with their own rear stoppers , are these necessary ?

Thank you! I will return those parts. I also checked and I do have the correct spring seat. I also received the dust covers for the rear shocks and noticed they didn’t have stoppers like the front, but My eibach springs came with their own rear stoppers , are these necessary ?
Yes, you need the bump stops. If you are installing lowering springs I would suggest cutting the bump stops down 25%.

Thank you, the bump stops that eibach provided with the springs for the rear are already shorter than the front ones , so should I cut them down even more?

Does that mean I also have to cut down the kyb front ones ?

Get rid of the KYB bump stops with the integrate dust covers and use the OEM ones. As I mention before the KYB ones are universal and end up being a hack job that doesn't really work well. Learn from my experience.

Get rid of the KYB bump stops with the integrate dust covers and use the OEM ones. As I mention before the KYB ones are universal and end up being a hack job that doesn't really work well. Learn from my experience.

Do you think I could get away with just buying the oem bump stop and using the kyb boot?

Do you think I could get away with just buying the oem bump stop and using the kyb boot?

No, the KYB boot fits over the KYB bump stop and they are integrated together. I am pretty sure the KYB boot would have nothing to attach to if you didn't have the KYB bump stop. The OEM boot goes on strut assembly and the bump stop is separate and slides over the strut assembly.