LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

I believe the 2014 has enhanced capability compared to the 2010 head unit. Ours can only connect to streaming via the aux cable. I have the media hub installed on my car, with a blackberry stereo gateway for streaming audio from my phone.

the change was made in 2013, the base clarion head unit allows for BT streaming. It works well enough.

When I do an oil change I put in a quart of Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer with 3.4 quarts of Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil. I have 93K miles and knock on wood I don't use any oil. The Lucas Stabilizer seems to put a nice seal on the rings and elsewhere. I change the oil and filter once a year.

I have read some negative articles about Lucas Oil treatment but they are over 10 years old. I have also read some very positive articles as well. So what are your thoughts? Good or bad?

When I do an oil change I put in a quart of Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer with 3.4 quarts of Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil. I have 93K miles and knock on wood I don't use any oil. The Lucas Stabilizer seems to put a nice seal on the rings and elsewhere. I change the oil and filter once a year.

I have read some negative articles about Lucas Oil treatment but they are over 10 years old. I have also read some very positive articles as well. So what are your thoughts? Good or bad?

I use the Lucas oil stabilizer in my fleet at work and in my personal cars as well. It keeps the boxer a little quieter, in my opinion.

I'm not convinced it does any better than a good quality oil changed regularly. If I may add, if you are using a high quality oil you would be much better off just using the full fill of it. As Lucas apparently has no actual additives in it to enhance oil. So you are actually diluting the additives in your oil by using it. Yes a thicker oil will make the car run smoother, because thicker oil takes up more space in all the clearances of the motor. Much the same as running a thicker oil would, only with oil you have the full advantage of the oil additives you paid for. Personally, I put 5 quarts of castrol edge 0-40.

Reading material if you care to investigate Lucas Oil stabilizer further:

https://www.raso.name/cars/20-lubrication/63-lucas-oil-stabilizer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by FLlegacy

I'm not convinced it does any better than a good quality oil changed regularly. If I may add, if you are using a high quality oil you would be much better off just using the full fill of it. As Lucas apparently has no actual additives in it to enhance oil. So you are actually diluting the additives in your oil by using it. Yes a thicker oil will make the car run smoother, because thicker oil takes up more space in all the clearances of the motor. Much the same as running a thicker oil would, only with oil you have the full advantage of the oil additives you paid for. Personally, I put 5 quarts of castrol edge 0-40.

Reading material if you care to investigate Lucas Oil stabilizer further:

https://www.raso.name/cars/20-lubrication/63-lucas-oil-stabilizer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reading! Now I feel dumb, but I would rather know than not know.

I used the Lucas to help pump up my failing lifters for years

(just to buy a few more thousand miles in the fleet vehicle before tear down) and then just started using it on all the trucks. I should have done my due diligence and done the research, but went with the unfounded sense of security instead.

I'll have to find the oil that makes my Subie's quieter... maybe I'll try the 0-40 that you use, but might be different in the cold I have here...?

Looks like I'm only going to use the rest of the Lucas for pumping up dying lifters or holding doors open.

Thanks man!

Bought the Media Hub Kit H621SAJ200, for non nav HK head unit, from berter auto group. I installed it and realized it did not come with the USB/Aux module that goes in the center console (H621SAJ220, also impossible to find). It had been in their shelf for 8 years and they didn’t check to make sure all the parts were included before shipping!

Berter auto felt bad and refunded me the whole cost! Which was super cool.

So.. I take that money and buy the HJ621SAJ300 (media hub kit with Bluetooth) from an Australian dealer and verified that they did have the H621SAJ220 usb module.

1) I can confirm the H621SAJ300 media hub kit with Bluetooth works worth the Limited 2010-2012 Legacy GT models with Harmon Kardon 6 cd head unit (Bluetooth quality sucks tho, use USB.)

2) Now I got an extra media hub kit (without the usb/aux module that goes in the center console), and want to give it away for free. Does anyone want one? Just pay shipping please. You would just need a female to female USB coupler and run the line to the glove compartment or something. It’s like $259 normally but I figured I should pass the love!

33952A92-C668-4F67-A962-DE3C2756EA9E.thumb.png.e9ac6f4afe4c6312d788372c7814c4cb.png

E400FCD7-7D37-4816-B5E7-9871FAD60770.thumb.png.bb95f9b6a099e30eb17c6ebfd91d0d2d.png

• 4 weeks later...
Great upgrade, you're going to feel a difference right away.

agreed, the stock RSB is woefully undersized. enjoy actually tracking straight on a windy highway, and not having to cock your head to the side as you go thru turns.

If you want fun, try driving without any sway bar at all :lol:

If you want even more fun, have some install your RSB improperly so that an endlink gives up mid corner..... I legitimately thought my car was going to rollover.... don't let people work on your car kids.

Would i notice a difference going from a 19mm to a 20mm rsb? I am also considering doing the front sway bar when I do my timing belt and related parts service. Maybe I should just do the endlinks and stiffen up the konis a little more. I have even considered taking off my spacers, the highway float is starting to come back, or maybe I am just used to the suspension now and it now longer seems as taught as it used to be.

Would i notice a difference going from a 19mm to a 20mm rsb? I am also considering doing the front sway bar when I do my timing belt and related parts service. Maybe I should just do the endlinks and stiffen up the konis a little more. I have even considered taking off my spacers, the highway float is starting to come back, or maybe I am just used to the suspension now and it now longer seems as taught as it used to be.

if you think you can feel a 5.2% difference than yes. for what its worth i can feel the difference between the 3 different settings on my 22mm whiteline and they say the different settings are like roughly 1mm diameter differences. likely you'll notice only near the limit and when you hit a pothole with one wheel and not the other.

The front will take patience, lots of it lol. I had to lift the motor quite a bit to get installed.

The front will take patience, lots of it lol. I had to lift the motor quite a bit to get installed.

How did you end up lifting the engine? I have a front swaybar to install, but there didn't seem to be a good location to lift from with the jack and a block of wood...

How did you end up lifting the engine? I have a front swaybar to install, but there didn't seem to be a good location to lift from with the jack and a block of wood...

Oh gosh, I think it was under the oil pan, or near the front of the transmission. I can’t remember. I remember cursing trying to navigate the bar from one side of the wheel well to the other.

I was going to pull the motor and do the headgaskets, ARP studs, cams, and full reseal of the heads along with the timing set.
That's something I need to do when I go Stage2. I'd really like to have a 20psi tune.

i got a new un-scratched glove box from the salvage yard...

anyone know how to swap the latch / lock??

I would check to see if lock is different than your lock. Only the tip of the key goes into glove box lock, I assume that is to limit the number of combinations.

I would check to see if lock is different than your lock. Only the tip of the key goes into glove box lock, I assume that is to limit the number of combinations.

i tried that with same hope.. it's different, thats why looking to how to do it without destroying the cover.

it seems it's glued down