LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

CT2015, Securityguy has an iphone 7+ and I have a 6+. I'm running iOS 10.2. Neither of us have issues with the gps working while tethered to the HU. Have you verified the version levels after the updates?

I have a new 7 Plus and zero issues with my NAV.

CT2015, Securityguy has an iphone 7+ and I have a 6+. I'm running iOS 10.2. Neither of us have issues with the gps working while tethered to the HU. Have you verified the version levels after the updates?

Just to clarify; the issue isn't with the vehicle navigation system. The issue is with the iPhone iOS maps applications (Waze, Google Maps and Apple Maps) when it is plugged into the USB port of the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing I could think is try reapplying both parts 1 and 2.

Also, I didn't try it on Mac but I don't see why it couldn't be done. I believe disk utility lets you format into FAT32 and from there you should be fine as it's just unzip and drag+drop a file.

Only thing I could think is try reapplying both parts 1 and 2.

Also, I didn't try it on Mac but I don't see why it couldn't be done. I believe disk utility lets you format into FAT32 and from there you should be fine as it's just unzip and drag+drop a file.

Yeah it does but the file itself won't work if it has to be unzipped.

^^^^ that is the issue I and many other people had. Fixed it with the update. It is also in the read me file as a line fix.

Yeah at this point I got my Bluetooth working again so guess I'll just have to live with plugging my phone into a USB power adapter instead of the ones that came built in with the car.

When I go to another dealership I'll have then install the update again when I get the steering wheel installed but I lost faith in this one dealers ability to do anything other than change my oil (cause it's free).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The zipped file is an EXE. That is why it does not work on a Mac.

Right...I knew there was a reason I suffered through using Windows to do it, just forgot what it was:lol:

Yeah it does but the file itself won't work if it has to be unzipped.

Presumably if someone unzipped them for you and sent them over then you could drag and drop. Correct me if I'm not using my brain again lol.

Just updated my non-nav 7" successfully first try! Thanks for the guide Andrew! I don't have any time today to see if anything actually works from the update but I'll be checking it out more this weekend. As long as it fixes the guide lines on back up cam, and the bug where it wont detect USB music but still plays I will be happy!

I was curious if this update applied to MY2017 ...

According to the TSB itself, it only applies to MY 2015/2016 Legacys and Outbacks. (The only 2017s models affected are Forester and WRX.)

In addition, all the downloaded TSB files for the Legacy/Outback I've checked were date stamped spring 2016, well before MY 2017 production started.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I was playing around with the update on my non-nav to see what might be fixed and I am no longer able to view my oil temperature (no number is displayed). That is really frustrating.

This also happened to mine. Update #2 didn't take the first time. Check your versions for Nor, eSD, CAN, and DB.

This also happened to mine. Update #2 didn't take the first time. Check your versions for Nor, eSD, CAN, and DB.

Happened to mine as well and it was performed at the dealer.

All is well now.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

I was playing around with the update on my non-nav to see what might be fixed and I am no longer able to view my oil temperature (no number is displayed). That is really frustrating.

Chances are you can't access vehicle customization options either.

Redo part 2 and you should be good.

Does anyone know how to fix?..

Have you verified that the second half of the update was successfully installed? The details are in this thread. Or you can just take it back to your dealer.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

[The dealer] supposedly didn't have the equipment to do the update ...

i.e. 1) A computer running Windows. 2) Two USB flash drives (even one will do).

Smells like bulldust to me!

Edited by ammcinnis

spacer.png

Finally! Got my SMS messages to work again. After spending weeks of having my phone ping and seeing the blinking green message light and nothing showing up on the HU, I removed the phone, then re-paired it. Although I originally had to do this after the first and second time they did update, and BT and the phone worked fine and my contacts transferred every time I started the car, I wasn't seeing the messages. Who knew?

Wow...I just read 10 pages of postings about this update. Lots of problems getting it to work right, by both owners and dealers. I have an Android phone and a Mac laptop. I would have to take it to the dealership anyway and it sounds like I would end up going there twice to get it working. So, I'm thinking just bag the whole update. What was the important fixes is addressed anyway?

Mark N, There's a few updates. The first 5 pages of the TSB covers them all. Here's the short list:

• Mirrorlink 1.1 updates

• Enable Mute function for Navigation guidance

• Incomplete display of intersection names in combination meter

• Increased accuracy of the XM Traffic information displayed

• Intermittent delay (approximately 1 minute) in display of map information after initial start-up of Navigation function (2015MY Legacy and Outback only).

VERY IMPORTANT: In addition to updates for these five conditions, each of the new files listed in the table below contain ALL of the previous updates for conditions referenced in prior TSBs 15-182-15R, 15-183-15R and 15-198-16R which this TSB replaces. An overview of conditions addressed in the three prior TSBs is provided below.

You shouldn't have to take it to the dealer, twice. Just verify the versions and check the vehicle monitor before leaving.

For those with Macs, I'm sure there's a *.zip file version. If not, send me a PM.

Here's a list of the available files from Subaru for Legacy:

Legacy & Outback:

2015MY Legacy & Outback w/ F10 NAVIGATION Update File #1

2015MY Legacy & Outback w/ F10 NAVIGATION Update File #2

2015MY Legacy & Outback w/ F10 7" DISPLAY AUDIO Update File #1

2015MY Legacy & Outback w/ F10 7" DISPLAY AUDIO Update File #2

2016MY Legacy & Outback w/ F10 NAVIGATION Update File #1

2016MY Legacy & Outback w/ F10 NAVIGATION Update File #2

2016MY Legacy & Outback w/ F10 7" DISPLAY AUDIO Update File #1

2016MY Legacy & Outback w/ F10 7" DISPLAY AUDIO Update File #2

Edited by DA_MAXX
adding info