LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

when I went to the dealer to have it done, my phone would no longer sync.. It wiped out all my settings etc. I had to delete from my phone the Subaru link.. once I did that I synced my phone and my contacts were transferred.. I would try that.. delete phone from NAV and delete Nav from Phone.. and resync.. It should do the job...

I had a setting off. Turned it on and it is all good now. Thanks.

---

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i63.tinypic.com/m93ojk.jpg[/img]

I just noticed that the Nor default firmware on my Forester 2016 TS STI is different to what is on the download page. Any chance it is different software altogether?

Purchased in Australia

The version Nor is MA9404

Cheers in advance

Edited by mewinneryay

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i63.tinypic.com/m93ojk.jpg[/img]

I just noticed that the Nor default firmware on my Forester 2016 TS STI is different to what is on the download page. Any chance it is different software altogether?

Purchased in Australia

The version Nor is MA9404

Cheers in advance

My guess would be your software is different than what we get in the US. I know your buttons are opposite of what ours are which may have something to do with it.

Just checked ... DB version is 9011, others are at 9017.

Pisses me off that I need to tell the dealer that a TSB is applicable ... then how to correctly install the effin' thing!!!

Went back to the dealer today. They re-installed the software after I explained why I didn't think it was installed correctly. Dash Compass is now operational as are Turn-by-turn instructions. Had to reset all my station settings and re-pair my Bluetooth phone settings. Mirrorlink still doesn't work with my Galaxy S7. :(

My guess would be your software is different than what we get in the US. I know your buttons are opposite of what ours are which may have something to do with it.

Thanks, i guess ill have to wait until there is a firmware download for the aus version.

Cheers:lol:

The thing with Mirrorlink is that sometimes it works off the bat and sometimes it takes a few tries. Things to remember:

Make sure you are using the cable that came with the phone

Reboot the phone close any open apps running in the background to free up memory

Ensure that your device's firmware is up to date

Make sure that the Mirrorlink service is running on your device..each device has it's own version.

Use applications that are signed and listed on the Mirrorlink website

Maybe someone here who has updated their head unit to 1.1 and have successfully mirrored their device can upload a video demonstrating theirs working.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Readers that have NOT updated yet:

Can someone check to see if they can adjust the rear camera settings? I can't recall if the update did this or if we could never adjust it?

Home screen/settings/display/camera.. i see all the options for brightness/contrast etc. they are all grayed out. and brightness is max. It is super bright now.

Maybe i had set it a year ago and it was reset and now i dont recall how to lower the brightness again?

EDIT: If you set the parking brake before navigating to this screen the settings are NOT grayed out! All set!

Edited by cdc782

After the update I noticed the screen dims between every mode change. Similar to a flicker almost.

Radio to source - dims and comes back to normal after 1sec.

Radio to INFO - - dims and comes back to normal after 1sec.

Radio 'call comes in' - dims and comes back to normal after 1sec.

-BT proceeded to drop the call back to my phone for 25 seconds.

- BT reconnected and took the call back to the car automatically?

- Not sure this is even related to the update or just the car and iOS10.2

Is everyone experiencing this?

Readers that have NOT updated yet:

Can someone check to see if they can adjust the rear camera settings? I can't recall if the update did this or if we could never adjust it?

Home screen/settings/display/camera.. i see all the options for brightness/contrast etc. they are all grayed out. and brightness is max. It is super bright now.

Maybe i had set it a year ago and it was reset and now i dont recall how to lower the brightness again?

I think you have to set the e brake to get to those settings. It was like that before the update too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Installed this on my Canadian '15 Legacy, worked great.

At first the 2nd updated didn't seem to stick and everything was in miles, and the nav couldn't communicate with the car (the info screen didn't work, nor did the in dash compass/navigation display work).

After re-applying the second update, everything is now working perfectly. It even fixed a bluetooth problem I had where if my phone connected first, I couldn't connect my wifes' phone without turning off the car first.

In addition to what the above person said, make sure you have at least 1 mirrorlink based app installed on the phone. That was the big thing for me. It looked like it wasn't working but once I downloaded one of the app (I think syngic or something) it appeared and started working. (I'm on Note 4, so I'm not sure if there is a specific S7 issue or not.. just wanted to give a quick thought)

BTW (not that you asked, but), mirrorlink to me is useless.. Wish this had androidauto or something more advanced. About the only think I dislike about our car.

Went back to the dealer today. They re-installed the software after I explained why I didn't think it was installed correctly. Dash Compass is now operational as are Turn-by-turn instructions. Had to reset all my station settings and re-pair my Bluetooth phone settings. Mirrorlink still doesn't work with my Galaxy S7. :(

Yup ... and had to re-pair my BT connection.

Kinda weird, deleted some stuff but left others.

Deleted all my radio station favorites. All my saved addresses/home in the GPS.

But didn't delete the equalizer settings (of all things) for audio. Go figure.

Arrrgh just now noticed my dealer didn't do the second part of the update. I noticed at first bc I checked my lifetime mpg etc was all zero or blank despite driving for about a week since the update. I then tried to load vehicle customization settings and as others have reported when the second part doesn't take.. It just kicks me back to the main screen. Checked db version and yep.. That part is still 10 versions behind.

I even emailed them instructions and a printout.. Waited for an hour and a half too for that despite an appointment. Wtf Subaru, do your techs even get training? At this point I may as well do it myself. (Also, why does it feel like I have to pull a leg requesting this.. I had to make something up about my Bluetooth not working to give them a reason..)

Do it yourself. On the techs defense the update should have a fail check. The don't know it failed. It just goes through it and that's it. This is why so many of us missed it as well. It is bad written software.

Like it or not we are just a work order number for every dealership.

---

Had mine updated Tuesday. Lost the station presets and saved navigation locations but the equalizer settings were retained.

However the "Traffic" button on the nav map is missing and the Info menu items - Sports, Weather, Stocks and Fuel - just display "No Signal". My subscription is current and the Sirius XM stations still come in OK, so there is a problem with this update. I probably use the Fuel feature more than any other, so I am not happy. The dealer is looking into it.

Do it yourself. On the techs defense the update should have a fail check. The don't know it failed. It just goes through it and that's it. This is why so many of us missed it as well. It is bad written software.

Like it or not we are just a work order number for every dealership.

Sadly ... there is. Just check the versions on the unit after the update. Probably not in the instructions, though.

(This is probably difficult for me to understand because I am not a qualified, certified Subaru service technician, but do write/code/configure systems and software for a Healthcare System and a Hospital and not updating a car ;) )

I had this updated at my dealership yesterday. At first they had no clue there'd been an update. 90 minutes later I'm ready to go with no charge. I do notice an improvement in Bluetooth connection speed and usability.

That being said, now I don't know how to delete my SXM presets on my radio.

Edited by destruya