LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

• 3 weeks later...

How do you get this headunit firmware information? I've gone through all the screens I can think of but cant find this.

Edit: touch home and while touching press the right radio knob 4 or 5 times.

thank you

I've attached the specs from the head unit.
Edited by bugaboo90

I keep asking the dealer about the update and they keep telling me I have the latest. But from what I see here I dont. Before I yell and scream, I would like to confirm.

2016 legacy 3.6r

gen2 -- FB695US -- with Nav

NOr NU9305

eSD NU9305

Power 02.4026

Can 14.0012

Power Boot 02.4117

Power vcl 02.0103

I thought I needed this to be nu9309

thx

Edited by bugaboo90

I thought I needed this to be nu9309

Your dealer is wrong. NU9309 is correct for a 2016 Legacy/Outback with NAV (after update), per TSB 15-205-16, page 6. Go get 'em!

Firmware_File_Index.pdf

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

My local dealers will not provide the files to me, and as we all know, Subaru no longer allows access to the downloads.

If your vehicle is still under warranty (and possibly if not), the dealer should be willing to install the firmware update for you ... and Subaru will pay them to do it. The catch is that you may need to be able to demonstrate one of the "bugs" that the update is intended to fix. Perhaps the easiest will be the goofy "Average Lifetime Fuel Consumption" value displayed on the ECO Monitor screen in vehicles with more than ~8,000 miles on the odometer. If the dealer balks, call SOA Customer Service.

Remember, though, this update only applies to MY 2015 & 2016 Legacys and Outbacks with Fujitsu Ten head units (i.e. all but base trim).

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Thx. I went yesterday and insisted they review the tsb and apply. Based on others experiences, I expected to go back because they likely didn;t apply #2 correctly, but to my surprised, the backup DB is the same nu9309 as the others.

BUT, I think what they missed was the memory initialization. As I read on this thread, it looks like you will need to repair and redo the audio stuff, but when I got the car, everything was still working, the phone paired up just fine, etc. Perhaps this was ok, but I decided to do the memory initialization just in case.

Thank you for the help.

Your dealer is wrong. NU9309 is correct for a 2016 Legacy/Outback with NAV (after update), per TSB 15-205-16, page 6. Go get 'em!

I have them somewhere. I’ll look for them and rehost them.

new to the forum here, and Subaru ownership as well... Trying to update my HU to get Mirrorlink to work and hoping you can get those update files hosted... I just picked up a 2015 Outback 3.6r, looks like it's the same file as the Legacy you own...

Thanks!

So I'm late to the party and also in search of the files. I have an Outback and have posed there, but it seems like this forum might prove more fruitful.

I was even able to find the names of files needed on Archive.org, but unfortunately they don't have the actual exe archived.

2015 Outback Premium 7" with NAV

Nor= NU9005

eSD= NU9005

CAN= 14.0012

DB= NU9005

2015MY Legacy & Outback w/ F10 NAVIGATION Update File #1 (NU9017_USB_1st.exe)

2015MY Legacy & Outback w/ F10 NAVIGATION Update File #2 (NU9017_USB_2nd.exe)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also looking for the files:

OU9016_USB_1st.exe

OU9016_USB_2nd.exe

I scoured the web and found the original download links but when I browse to these they say Access Denied:

http://download.subarunet.com/ssmiii/OU9016_USB_1st.exe

http://download.subarunet.com/ssmiii/OU9016_USB_2nd.exe

If anyone has a copy of these files that would be awesome!

Merry Christmas to all in this forum. If you pm me your email i can send you the exe files you need. just need to know which ones you require. forum will not allow upload of exe files.

keep them coming, have had several happy forum members already get the update files!!!

Merry Christmas to all in this forum. If you pm me your email i can send you the exe files you need. just need to know which ones you require. forum will not allow upload of exe files.

I tried sending a PM, but it's not showing in my "sent" folder. I'm hoping you got it.

i got it and sent them!!!

They worked. Thanks!

I didn't have any issues - all updates worked the first time. All versions are up to date, and all functions are working as expected.

With that said, I do recommend people observe the estimated time on each of the steps. For me, at the end of Step 4, the second time (the dark screen where it says "Updating software." after you reboot), the progress bar looked like it was at 99% and hung for about 5 minutes. I just waited it out, since the instructions say that step can take 5 minutes, and it eventually succeeded.

so i dont mind sending out the updates to the forum members. however in the pm i will need your email address and which file number you are requesting. not just " can you send me the files for the update?" there are multiple files. do your research. i will not be responding to these pms.