LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

had to do my update a few times also. after the 1st update the vehicle would not recognize the verbatim 2gb thumb drives i had for the install. had to use a crucial 2gb usb and that worked perfect. update is now in and works perfectly. thanks for the link for the download!!!

Thanks for this! The second update failed on me the first time. Just redid it and it is working well. I used a 8GB flash drive. I am so happy that I can now have my iPhone connected to the USB and the phone's GPS is not turned off anymore. I can now use Waze while charging in again.

Also thankful that I did not have to visit the useless dealership for this update.

[emoji106]

Good stuff! Now why would the stealership say it doesn't apply to our cars specifically? [emoji102]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

^Subjective question.

I'm guessing that if something goes wrong, yes, they'll deny warranty and charge you to fix it. I'm also guessing that if we do the update and all goes well and works fine, they'll never question it or deny any other potential warranties.

Out of curiosity, just today I asked my service writer if the update would be covered by warranty (someone here suggested doing it ourselves could void warranty) and he said he'd look into it and get back with me. Once I get a response I'll update here.

Edited by hkshooter

I'm out of warranty so I said screw it. As long as you follow instructions I believe it is very straight forward. If you do not feel comfortable with electronic equipment then I say let the dealership do it.
---

I'm out of warranty so I said screw it. As long as you follow instructions I believe it is very straight forward. If you do not feel comfortable with electronic equipment then I say let the dealership do it.

Absolutely agree.

I'm set to do mine myself if it's not covered even though I'm still under warranty. Really, it's not much different than doing the updates to screens we see at work in some of our higher line units so it's something I'm sort of familiar with.

If the dealer will cover it I'll probably let them do it. If not, I'll do it myself.

All, To give you a warning that it Can happen!!!

I took My SD Card out to back it up with Subaru tools (4.0). I started the software, it read the SD card (info was displayed) and I backed it up. After I finished, through windows I ejected it, and removed it from my computer. I put it into my car, and I got an error trying to read the SD card!!.. I put the SD card back into my computer, and now the computer says It needs to be formatted!!....

I took it to the dealer, and they said that I have to pay $500+ to replace the card. I told them I did nothing wrong and I used the tools given to me etc. They will now call the regional manager to see if they can replace it under warranty!!... OY!!...

I am a computer guy, and I though I took every precaution to make sure I didn't screw it up.

Has anyone out there taken your SD card out and had this issue. Did anyone do anything special to remove the card / put into the car to not screw it up?

Thanks

The SD card is something that always worries me getting messed up. I'm a computer guy as well and I wont touch it. The first thing that comes to mind is that if you have an anti virus programs it scanned it and f it upped. But if you say you backed it up successfully then you should be able to restore it using the Subaru tools.
---

Since the upgrade I have noticed that my contacts from my phone are no longer transferring. Not a huge deal for me but it is weird that it used to work and now it does not. Anyone else with this issue?
---

Regarding update #2 failing:

I noticed I jumped the gun on the 30sec wait. So when it says turn off DONT FORGET TO WAIT 30s. Then on restart it does the updating software please wait thing for another 3m.

To confirm update #2 was successful you should scroll down on the system info window to the bottom the Db version will say 9017. If it still says 9008/5/7 etc it didn't work and re do all the steps in part 2.

The video should have scrolled down at 4:30 to show the Db version which it did not so there was no confirmation part 2 was successful. And he even mentioned later it failed so we would've seen 9005 as Db version.

All, To give you a warning that it Can happen!!!

I took My SD Card out to back it up with Subaru tools (4.0). I started the software, it read the SD card (info was displayed) and I backed it up. After I finished, through windows I ejected it, and removed it from my computer. I put it into my car, and I got an error trying to read the SD card!!.. I put the SD card back into my computer, and now the computer says It needs to be formatted!!....

I took it to the dealer, and they said that I have to pay $500+ to replace the card. I told them I did nothing wrong and I used the tools given to me etc. They will now call the regional manager to see if they can replace it under warranty!!... OY!!...

I am a computer guy, and I though I took every precaution to make sure I didn't screw it up.

Has anyone out there taken your SD card out and had this issue. Did anyone do anything special to remove the card / put into the car to not screw it up?

Thanks

well,now I'm really glad I decided to see if dealer can do it after all. Had it done yesterday at no charge. I consider myself a techie as in I've been building my own pcs ,rooting android phones,etc but in the end the risk seemed too great to me.

Regarding update #2 failing:

I noticed I jumped the gun on the 30sec wait. So when it says turn off DONT FORGET TO WAIT 30s. Then on restart it does the updating software please wait thing for another 3m.

To confirm update #2 was successful you should scroll down on the system info window to the bottom the Db version will say 9017. If it still says 9008/5/7 etc it didn't work and re do all the steps in part 2.

The video should have scrolled down at 4:30 to show the Db version which it did not so there was no confirmation part 2 was successful. And he even mentioned later it failed so we would've seen 9005 as Db version.

I didn't jump the gun, waited a full 30 sec each time, and my part 2 update failed. I don't think the 30 second thing has to be that exact, presumably just enough time for a full shutdown is all that's necessary.

I didn't know about the failure at the time of creating the video otherwise I would have noted the second attempt and DB version check. Don't feel like filming more, editing again, and re-uploading sooo:rolleyes:

Usually when performing any update the usb thumb drives should be left inserted until the system reboots and you confirm that all is working as expected. Reason being, some systems will read off the drive and sometimes copies files or needs to access data from the update program to complete any updates.

yeah ... got it done at the dealer yesterday. Now the dash compass is inoperative, turn by turn instructions do not appear and Mirrorlink still doesn't work. Need to check the version tomorrow.

yeah ... got it done at the dealer yesterday. Now the dash compass is inoperative, turn by turn instructions do not appear and Mirrorlink still doesn't work. Need to check the version tomorrow.

I'm not surprised. I feel these folks at the stealership refuse to do anything and when they do they half ass it and rush through whatever they do.

that means they didn't check the version number per the tsb to verify proper update. have it done again and everything will work as designed.

that means they didn't check the version number per the tsb to verify proper update. have it done again and everything will work as designed.

I had the same issue.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

Just checked ... DB version is 9011, others are at 9017.

Pisses me off that I need to tell the dealer that a TSB is applicable ... then how to correctly install the effin' thing!!!

when I went to the dealer to have it done, my phone would no longer sync.. It wiped out all my settings etc. I had to delete from my phone the Subaru link.. once I did that I synced my phone and my contacts were transferred.. I would try that.. delete phone from NAV and delete Nav from Phone.. and resync.. It should do the job...

Since the upgrade I have noticed that my contacts from my phone are no longer transferring. Not a huge deal for me but it is weird that it used to work and now it does not. Anyone else with this issue?