LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

So for those that have done the update got a quick question...

Since there are 2 files I did do two updates...as most have noted the 1st file was no problem.

When I did the second set of files the first time it didn't take - the 2nd time it took no problem.

My question is this - when doing the 2nd update I had 3 files on the thumbdrive (as opposed to one on the 1st). Again, after the 2nd time running through the program I think everything was correct... Did anyone else remove any of the update files when doing the second set - or did you just run the udpate w/ all three files in the folder on the drive?

Did anyone else remove any of the update files when doing the second set - or did you just run the udpate w/ all three files in the folder on the drive?

I would not recommend deleting any files from the flash drive(s) for either stage of the update.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I did the update with no issues. I followed the instructions to the T, including the 30 second waits after turning ACC off, before turning it back on.

Unfortunately since I didn't have the issue, I can't quite guess what causes it.

Merry Christmas to all in this forum. If you pm me your email i can send you the exe files you need. just need to know which ones you require. forum will not allow upload of exe files.

Hey! Sent you a request for the files. Isn’t showing in my sent items. Did you get it? TIA!

Does anyone else have the files?

I haven’t heard back from JDog81 via PM.

Please send me a PM and I’ll send you my email address.

Thanks in advance!!!

if you send me your email and exact file numbers you need i can happily send them.

Can someone please confirm that the files I need to update the head unit for my 2015 outback limited with NAV are NU9017?

I was going to do this in my Impreza and didn't get to it before I traded it in for the outback and now I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks!

that is correct

OK, so I updated everything, thanks to JDog81, and it went very smoothly. However, I still cannot get mirrorlink to work. Has anyone successfully gotten it to work... Woukd like it for either Gmaps or waze!

It only works with specific phone models and certain apps https://mirrorlink.com/apps . Don't think Gmaps or Waze are among them. You really aren't missing too much not having it.

Anyone have the files and willing to send them to me? 2015 Legacy Premium w/o Nav.

Im having an issue where I have to re-pair my phone every time the car turns off. I want to replace the radio with an Android Auto unit but do not want to lose the integration with the rest of the car.

Anyone know if the 2018 unit would work in a 2015 since the new one has Android Auto?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I already installed the files (NU9309) for my car (2016 Legacy/Outbacks with navigation) that were referenced in the 15-205-16 bulletin. But that bulletin is rather old by now and the files are already not the latest as one guy on the subaruotback dot org forum figured it out when he checked the version on a brand new unit installed in his car recently. There have already been issued newer bulletins with some newer files to address battery management issues, for example. Does anybody have NU9310 or later by any chance?

Another thanks to Jdog81 as well for the files. Did the updates last night and, other than having to also run the 2nd update twice for it to take, they went without a hitch. Now we can finally mute the navigation prompts....if only I visited the forums more often and had seen all this a year ago.

ok so here it goes. 15-205-16r has been revised since december 2017. all update files have been updated. i can still get you the new files but please be patient on time frame sending. it does take awhile to upload. once you receive them please download files quickly so i can clear google drive. I'm happy to assist in everyone getting the latest and greatest. still need email and what file you need and can send you the updated version number in a pm.
  • Like 1

Will the NAV updates make the system any "better"?

Here are the issues I have with the system in my '16:

1. Most often it cannot "understand" what I am saying for an address and I can only navigate via manual input

2. When speaking to me, the system will often cut off the first word, or phrase

3. When no destination is put into the system the screen does not show what exit is next (as does my Garmin)

4. When trying to set a location to be saved by using the tap screen, the location listed on the screen is nearby, but not at the exact location I am trying to waypoint.

5. Why can't (won't?) dealer do it. When I noted the above issues I was told that there was no fix.