LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

Will the NAV updates make the system any "better"?

Here are the issues I have with the system in my '16:

1. Most often it cannot "understand" what I am saying for an address and I can only navigate via manual input

2. When speaking to me, the system will often cut off the first word, or phrase

3. When no destination is put into the system the screen does not show what exit is next (as does my Garmin)

4. When trying to set a location to be saved by using the tap screen, the location listed on the screen is nearby, but not at the exact location I am trying to waypoint.

5. Why can't (won't?) dealer do it. When I noted the above issues I was told that there was no fix.

lazy dealer. request it to be updated, call subaru customer service, or you can install yourself with know how.

I finally took in my 2015 Legacy with Nav to the dealer to have the HU/NAV updated. I referenced TSB 15-205-16R when I took it in, which is the supposed newest version of the NU/NAV update TSB (though I haven't been able to find a public copy of it on the internet).

They updated it to the supposed latest and greatest, and everything seems to be working well. Dash compass and nav turns working OK, and HU/NAV seems snappier.

Here is the current SW versions listed:

Nor NU9020

eSD NU9020

POWER 02.4027

CAN 14.0015

POWER BOOT 02.4017

POWER VCL 02.0103

DB NU9020

I'm assuming the NU9020 is the current version for the 2015 Legacy with Nav, but can anyone confirm? And, can anyone confirm the SW versions I have listed are all in line with being the fully updated and matched to one another? What exactly should I check to make sure the 2nd update took? And finally, what should I expect to have seen reset after a successful memory initialization?

Thanks for answers to all of my questions, for those that can answer.

Otherwise, I hope this is informational for those that want to perform another update to NU9020 for the 2015 Legacy with Nav.

Edited by tekman78

i got it and sent them!!!

Hi Jdog81, I have a subaru wrx 7" nav Fujitsu ten unit, currently im on Nor MA9203, eSD MA9203, POWER 02.4026, CAN No info, Power Boot 02.4117, Power Vcl 69.0605, DB MA9203.

The car is an AUS model, wanting to get Mirrorlink 1.1 working as I have a android phone. Would you be able to assist in providing the firmware for it.

Thanks Alot!

I finally took in my 2015 Legacy with Nav to the dealer to have the HU/NAV updated. I referenced TSB 15-205-16R when I took it in, which is the supposed newest version of the NU/NAV update TSB (though I haven't been able to find a public copy of it on the internet).

They updated it to the supposed latest and greatest, and everything seems to be working well. Dash compass and nav turns working OK, and HU/NAV seems snappier.

Here is the current SW versions listed:

Nor NU9020

eSD NU9020

POWER 02.4027

CAN 14.0015

POWER BOOT 02.4017

POWER VCL 02.0103

DB NU9020

I'm assuming the NU9020 is the current version for the 2015 Legacy with Nav, but can anyone confirm? And, can anyone confirm the SW versions I have listed are all in line with being the fully updated and matched to one another? What exactly should I check to make sure the 2nd update took? And finally, what should I expect to have seen reset after a successful memory initialization?

Thanks for answers to all of my questions, for those that can answer.

Otherwise, I hope this is informational for those that want to perform another update to NU9020 for the 2015 Legacy with Nav.

I just got the files from Jdog81 and after doing the update on my 2015 my values match yours.

• 4 weeks later...
Can I ask what version you were coming from? I currently have NU9017 installed and was wondering if I should stick it out, or push my luck :).

Mine was older NU9005 - if you aren’t having any problems than it’s a personal decision to update it but I don’t expect it to hurt anything to update it.

I also need the files to update please. I have a 2017 Subaru WRX STI with the 7inch radio, no navigation. My satellite radio wont allow me to select it and I need the patch to fix that. I am currently on OU9604, is there a newer version then that? If so please email. ac_e182@hotmail.com

Thanks

John

Hi I am new here :spin:

I have a 2015 forester that has the starlink system

it does not have navigation though, do these updates that this thread is about

apply to this vehicle? I have been trying to figure out how I can get nav onto the built in system, thanks for any advice!!

Oh and Im in Australia too!

:bbq:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I am looking for the following 2 files for NU9309_USB_1st.exe & 2nd & OU9309_USB_1st.exe & 2nd ( or newer if available). If anyone could provide them or tell me where I could find them for download I would greatly appreciate it. TIA

2016MY Legacy & Outback w/ F10 NAVIGATION Update File #1

2016MY Legacy & Outback w/ F10 NAVIGATION Update File #2

Edited by tlpayton

• 2 weeks later...
So how long does it take to perform update #1 ? and #2 ?

The TSB recommends connecting a battery keeper while doing the update. If the updates take a while, can it be done with the car running?

It probably could, but do you want to leave your car idling for a half hour or more? I don't remember the exact time but I know I wouldn't want to sit and waste gas the whole time.

If you don't have a battery charger see if you can borrow one from a friend or consider picking up a cheap one off Amazon or maybe even check Craigslist.

Okay, I have the files now, but do I really have to connect a battery charger? Someone must have surely tried this without one. I know I should have one anyway though...

... do I really have to connect a battery charger?

Do you want to risk bricking the head unit ... on your own dime?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png