LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

OK, so as delivered, this update didn't work for me. I think I know the reason, and will check later today. For some reason, when you run the file to unzip it to a USB flash drive, it puts the files in a folder called GN_NA_14108. The earlier version doesn't put them into this folder and just puts the GraceNote_info.txt and gracenote_data folder into the root directory of the USB. So I think the head unit isn't seeing the files.

I don't really want to mess around with the executable file, so I think just moving the GraceNote_info.txt and gracenote_data folder to the root directory of the USB should work. I'll try it later and post here if it works or not.

If it works, I may recompress the files into a new .exe to simplify the process for those less computer inclined.

OK, so my theory was right and I have updated my head unit after moving the GraceNote_info.txt and gracenote_data folder to the root directory of the USB. I have uploaded a file called GN_NA_14108_Fixed.exe to my Google drive that gets rid of the extra folder level when you make the USB. Nothing is changed from the GN_NA_14108.exe file except for the folder hierarchy. The original file is in my Google drive as well, and it's your choice which one you download and use.

Edited by Outback_Jon

OK, so as delivered, this update didn't work for me. I think I know the reason, and will check later today. For some reason, when you run the file to unzip it to a USB flash drive, it puts the files in a folder called GN_NA_14108. The earlier version doesn't put them into this folder and just puts the GraceNote_info.txt and gracenote_data folder into the root directory of the USB. So I think the head unit isn't seeing the files.

I don't really want to mess around with the executable file, so I think just moving the GraceNote_info.txt and gracenote_data folder to the root directory of the USB should work. I'll try it later and post here if it works or not.

If it works, I may recompress the files into a new .exe to simplify the process for those less computer inclined.

OK, so my theory was right and I have updated my head unit after moving the GraceNote_info.txt and gracenote_data folder to the root directory of the USB. I have uploaded a file called GN_NA_14108_Fixed.exe to my Google drive that gets rid of the extra folder level when you make the USB. Nothing is changed from the GN_NA_14108.exe file except for the folder hierarchy. The original file is in my Google drive as well, and it's your choice which one you download and use.

Hi Jon, thanks for your valuable help. I haven't updated yet. I have recently purchased a used 2016 forester. Should I use the latest update or should I start with the first version?

Thanks a lot :-)

• 3 months later...

UPDATE: I have moved all the files to be in one Google Drive directory to simplify things.

The new link is:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZoxF0llKjYlQEQR-5GdN1VFDsodBgnvs?usp=sharing

Previous links in this thread have been updated as well, unless someone was quoting my post.

Edited by Outback_Jon

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, SKIERDUDE3 said:

Just sent jdog a PM. I believe I need NU9011_USB_1st.exe and NU9011_USB_2nd.exe). It is for a 2015 Outback with NAV. Does this sound right?

That is incorrect actually. You need NU9022_USB_1st.exe and NU9022_USB_2nd.exe. You'll see that on TSB 15-205-16R Revised on 12/21/2020. Outback_Jon has all the files to download on his google drive which can be accessed at the following link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZoxF0llKjYlQEQR-5GdN1VFDsodBgnvs?usp=sharing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Accustiver said:

That is incorrect actually. You need NU9022_USB_1st.exe and NU9022_USB_2nd.exe. You'll see that on TSB 15-205-16R Revised on 12/21/2020. Outback_Jon has all the files to download on his google drive which can be accessed at the following link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZoxF0llKjYlQEQR-5GdN1VFDsodBgnvs?usp=sharing

Perfect, done!!

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

Got a 2016 Legacy with the base Clarion CB715CL head unit with version .200 

Is there an update for it? I’m having some Bluetooth and performance issues on it.

I’ve searched a few forums with Google but couldn’t find anything yet. Only found CB725UL.

Thank you,

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, careygerald said:

Where can I find the updates for a 2015 Subaru Legacy Limited W/eyesight and navigation? I have not got any response from Jdog.

You need NU9022_USB_1st.exe and NU9022_USB_2nd.exe They can be downloaded from the following link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZoxF0llKjYlQEQR-5GdN1VFDsodBgnvs?usp=sharing

• Like 2

17 hours ago, careygerald said:

How Can I update the Gracenote software if I can't get access to the F10 files on  Subarunet?

The latest Gracenote update is GN_NA_14108 You can find it at the following link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZoxF0llKjYlQEQR-5GdN1VFDsodBgnvs?usp=sharing Download the one that says GN_NA_14108_Fixed.exe

• Like 2

On 4/11/2023 at 1:16 PM, hyogadecisne said:

Please need firmware update for FF587SM...

OO9108_USB_1st.zip
OO9108_USB_2nd.zip

Unfortunately those files are not available from Outback John's Google Drive page. You might be able to gain access to them by purchasing a 3-day pass for the Subaru STIS Site: Subaru Technical Information System Once you have done that and created an account, you can login to the following page which has all available downloads: https://www.subarunet.com/snet/secure/business/service/forms/gen_2_fujitsu_denso.htm

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 9:25 AM, Miick said:

Hi all,

Got a 2016 Legacy with the base Clarion CB715CL head unit with version .200 

Is there an update for it? I’m having some Bluetooth and performance issues on it.

I’ve searched a few forums with Google but couldn’t find anything yet. Only found CB725UL.

Thank you,

Unfortunately what you need is not available from Outback John's Google Drive page. You might be able to gain access to them by purchasing a 3-day pass for the Subaru STIS Site: Subaru Technical Information System Once you have done that and created an account, you can login to the following page which has all available downloads: https://www.subarunet.com/snet/secure/business/service/forms/gen_2_fujitsu_denso.htm This will take you directly to the Fujitsu updates but you should see tabs that you can click on at the top that take you to the different brands of head units.

• Like 1

Thanks @Accustiver for answering those.

If anyone gets an STIS subscription and grabs any newer available update, I'll be happy to add them to my Google drive so they can all be in one place for future users.

Alternatively, let me know if more recent updates are available and I'll do my own subscription to grab them.

Edited by Outback_Jon

@careygerald -Are you using a 4GB or smaller USB 2.0 thumb drive formatted in FAT32?  Subaru specifically states not to use USB 3, and the head unit doesn't like anything but the FAT32 filesystem. 

I had to buy some cheap 4GB USB 2.0 drives off Amazon when I updated mine.  I didn't even try with something bigger.

And you are running the .EXE file first to extract the files from the archive, right?

image.thumb.png.dc5edabf9229715b4ffd1b571092c378.png

Edited by Outback_Jon

On 4/19/2023 at 2:46 PM, Accustiver said:

Unfortunately what you need is not available from Outback John's Google Drive page. You might be able to gain access to them by purchasing a 3-day pass for the Subaru STIS Site: Subaru Technical Information System Once you have done that and created an account, you can login to the following page which has all available downloads: https://www.subarunet.com/snet/secure/business/service/forms/gen_2_fujitsu_denso.htm This will take you directly to the Fujitsu updates but you should see tabs that you can click on at the top that take you to the different brands of head units.

Fiz a compra...mas não consegui logar.

login ok
https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/#/online_reference

login failed
https://www.subarunet.com/snet/secure/business/service/forms/gen_2_fujitsu_denso.htm

Your user account setup is invalid.

For help, please contact your retailer's employee maintenance administrator to review your settings, or contact the SOA Helpdesk at 1-800-SOA-STAR (1-800-762-7827).

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, TheMahFromTheU said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Subaru took down the Starlink 3G network that Navigation still won't work after the upgrade no? Or does this update somehow still work with the Starlink 3G network that supposedly went down?

The firmware update has nothing to do with the Starlink 3G network. Your navigation and various other head unit operations should all continue to work just fine, although Subaru did just also come out and say they stopped supporting the Starlink app and that will no longer work on the head unit. But the 3G network strictly involves the emergency system where you press a button up by your rearview mirror that contacts Subaru Starlink, or I believe it automatically does it if you’re in an accident. Subaru was offering a free update to 4G a while back if you had a Starlink subscription, which I was fortunate enough to get. But I think as of March 2022 they stopped offering the update. I know I actually came across the TSB with the instructions to perform the update and I purchased a CD about a year ago with tons of .pak files on it for flashing updates to the DCM. I might actually have the .pak file that they used to flash that Starlink update.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheMahFromTheU said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Subaru took down the Starlink 3G network that Navigation still won't work after the upgrade no? Or does this update somehow still work with the Starlink 3G network that supposedly went down?

You're wrong. 😝

Yes, Starlink won't work because of the 3G sunset. (Cell phone companies stopped using 3G, it wasn't a "Starlink 3G network" that went down.)  Unless, as @Accustiver mentioned above, you got the upgrade to 4G done, which Subaru offered for free for a while if you were a Starlink subscriber.  Depending on your car's hardware, that upgrade may have just been a firmware update, but it could have also required a hardware replacement.  Apparently the Starlink module is separate from the head unit, and some of them had 4G capability, though it wasn't enabled.  I believe they still offer the upgrade, but it's quite expensive.

As for the Starlink app, Subaru has discontinued it, but I think the My Subaru app has replaced it.  As far as what it may be capable of performing on your car, if you upgrade Starlink, I have no idea. 

Navigation updates are handled by a third party.  ( https://here.navigation.com/models/Catalog/Catalog_Subaru/en_US/HERENA/USD )  The latest maps are over a year old now.