LegacyGT.com

The Motorcycle Thread V2

If something needs replacing I am usually happy when it's just a battery. Get your ass over to batteries plus.

I know, I know... but that isn't going to make my truck any faster... or Mrs. Bear's LGT for that matter.

Edited by JBear

• 2 weeks later...
Good choice on the pipe, I love the Akra on my 10R.

I think the Akra and Two Brothers S1R are the best sounding exhausts made for my bike. I'm a fan of the underbody style over the can which is one of the main reasons why I went with the Akra.

Finally got back on 2 wheels. Took about 2 years of convincing the wife and paying off old debts!

2013 Street Bob

First bike that isn't a sport bike. Love it!b7074a7a7c5add4dcf334daaadd3a534.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by NWSPECB

Love the exhaust on the MT. I'd ask for a sound clip but they never do an exhaust justice compared to hearing it in person.

I road a inline 2 to work today. Sounded great as I downshifted while coming up to rush hour traffic in the underpasses.

Conspicuously absent is anyplace for the newly convinced wife to sit...

no chance she recently cranked up your life insurance benefit, is there?

Ha, no. I don't like riding with passengers. Told her if she wants to ride, she can get a small 250 or something to practice on and take the test. Would rather get her into her own.

Ha, no. I don't like riding with passengers. Told her if she wants to ride, she can get a small 250 or something to practice on and take the test. Would rather get her into her own.

Yeah, that's a treacherous path to start down.

I got my 10R, and she was happy as a passenger for one summer; then she had to have her own. Figuring she'd dump it, I got her a '97 ZX6. She did, a couple times.

Once she got that out of her system, she wanted something faster, so I gave it away and got her an '05 R6. She was pretty happy with it, until she road my literbike one night because her R6 was acting up and I didn't feel good with her on it so we swapped.

So the R6 got traded for a '12 CBR 1kRR.

She'll probably be wanting a ZX14R next...

:rolleyes:

NWSPECB, how do you like riding with your feet out in front? This Vulcan S is the first bike I have put miles on with pegs out front. Still feels a bit weird.
Was odd at first but I dig it now. Missed the pegs a couple times first few rides when I picked my feet up from a start!

Yeah, that's a treacherous path to start down.

I got my 10R, and she was happy as a passenger for one summer; then she had to have her own. Figuring she'd dump it, I got her a '97 ZX6. She did, a couple times.

Once she got that out of her system, she wanted something faster, so I gave it away and got her an '05 R6. She was pretty happy with it, until she road my literbike one night because her R6 was acting up and I didn't feel good with her on it so we swapped.

So the R6 got traded for a '12 CBR 1kRR.

She'll probably be wanting a ZX14R next...

:rolleyes:

Gotta start somewhere!

Something cheap that I dont care about hitting the ground a few times would absolutely be the way I would go for her. That's how I started myself out too about 10 years as go.

Yea, I missed them too a few times. They are comfy though.

Yesterday, while crossing the Hoan bridge on my way home from work with 30mph+ wind gusts I was wishing the pegs were underneath me. Keeping that bike in my lane was actually some work.

73349308_HoanBridge.thumb.jpg.129ade1abf4f703bb12b2d308bf8c756.jpg

I probably will too but I'll have fun doing it.

Well, you're younger and you recover sooner. I realized the dangers of dirt bikes when I went on a trip with friends and a borrowed bike to Wisconsin. Two of my friends raced motocross in their youth and we were riding at a motocross track. My buddies said don't take this bump at full throttle like a supercross champ but one friend was too stupid to listen. So bent frame, broken arm and ribs and listening to moan on the shortened vacation ride home. But hero! :lol:

Oh yeah, he got the bike fixed but he never rode it again after that "vacation." But hero!

I may be just entering my 30s but already I can tell my limits aren't what 20 year old John was at. Part of the reason I went with a 250 instead of a 450 like my last bike. I just want to ride and have fun... not setting any jumping records etc. I'll let some of the younger guys I'll be riding with take care of that.

Weighed the bike on my buddies scales, with little gas in the tank it was 219lbs. Then I weighed myself... 227lbs lol. I weigh more than the bike.

Please post pictures of your injuries. I'm 56 and dirt bikes are death to me given my limit on thought and speed. Where speed is concerned, I apparently have no reliable judgement unless a more experienced friend says "don't do that stupid.." But they will have to warn me first otherwise I will do it. Did in skiing, did it in racing. More balls than brains or skill.

Why can't you ride the buell? Too much powwwaaa?

Basically, yes. Built 1204cc race engine and EBR racing tune. Last time on my dyno made 105whp. After my daughter was born, wife asked me to stop taking the bike out. I have had previous accidents (race track) that have scared her good enough and also qualify me for 40% disability. Adrenaline junkies over 40 with kids tend to make concessions. The last race bike was mine. I got to keep 3 race bikes. But all of them are "moth balled" and waiting for my museum, LOL.

Sounds like fun. You can store it in my garage if you want.

Part of the reason I went dirt is because of my kids and wife. Wife doesn't want me going 100+ anymore I guess. Just too many bad drivers on the roads. I have been hit before and so many close calls. You can definitely get hurt on dirt as well but pretty much everyone on the tracks is focused on what they're doing. Usually when you get hurt on dirt it's because of what you did... not someone else. Not the same on the street.

Also because kids can ride dirt at any age. Which is why I bought the xr50. It's a surprise for my son's birthday in late June. I'm having a hard time not uncovering it and teaching them to ride every nice day I am home with them.

But I still ride my dad's bikes around on the street so I just stop pussyfooting and get another one.

Edited by 05GT Guru

I started on dirt. Raced the ATVA circuit for a few years for Honda and then Yamaha. Thats where the racing injuries occurred. All I have ever done on an asphalt track is aggravate pre-existing injuries.