LegacyGT.com

The Motorcycle Thread V2

So get that thing out of the truck and ride it up to Bogus Basin! ;)

I'll wait for bogus to be clear before I ride up there haha. Just had a much more experienced rider than me lay his bike down yesterday because of all the sand and crap still up there. Come actual spring its definitely on my list!

I'll wait for bogus to be clear before I ride up there haha. Just had a much more experienced rider than me lay his bike down yesterday because of all the sand and crap still up there. Come actual spring its definitely on my list!

Yeah, I forgot you guys probably still have snow up there... :lol:

I was up there back in '06 on a trip. Fun road, and beautiful country!

I'll still ride in the 50s when it's right after winter. My body at that time of year thinks it's t-shirt weather anyway. But 50s at the end of a summer is much colder.

I did used to ride in upper 30s/40s when I was a bit younger. The day I sold my 600rr I had to ride it to guys house which was an hour away, mostly freeway and it was 34 degrees out. That was cold.

There is a young guy who works at the local hobbytown usa who DDs his DRZ400 all year.... all freaking year he goes to work on that bike. I have seen it there on snowy days. Luckily he only lives a few miles away.

I rode my motorcycle to high school one time when it was in the 50s. I had learned how cold this could be and stuffed my jeans with socks to keep my buddy warm. I was pulling them out after I parked my bike and a few girls gave me some awkward looks. But it was effective!

My bike was a 73 Honda CL 350 exactly like this.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=iDmouZ72&id=7EFD2B94E6BBB95C2387972A767371102D3739B7&thid=OIP.iDmouZ72zOM49b_haXfCigHaFj&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fcmsnl.com%2fimg%2fcommunity%2fvehicles%2f4%2f48%2f486%2f48635%2f201206031946170.my%2520cl350.JPG&exph=2304&expw=3072&q=image+honda+cl350&simid=608054160295068337&selectedIndex=0&ajaxhist=0

Looks fun... so nimble. Honda has been making some great bikes for many years. But what else are you supposed to do with all those engineers when the world tells your entire country that you are no longer allowed to make airplanes because of that one time in 1939-1945 you got a little silly? Make great motorcycles... THAT'S WHAT! Edited by 05GT Guru

I dragged the pegs on the Vulcan s a few times. It's actually kind of scary because the pegs are out in front of you and you have little control over the bike with your legs.

Saw this on CL while looking at dirt bikes. I really like it... the only part I don't love is the front fairing with the headlight. It looks modern and fits the bike somewhat but not sure if I like the square design.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2007-husqvarna-450sm-custom/6560629936.html

Started life looking like this. 260lbs with fluids.

1925454146_huskysm.jpg.844908bdfed1831657a076c79de46eb5.jpg

Edited by 05GT Guru

Started off life as a supermoto. Which are the lightest street legal bikes you can get as they are basically dirt bikes with electronics, kick stand, lights and some DOT approved tires. Now it's a café racer style. Not sure how much weight was added with the alum panels but it can't be all that much. And that 450cc should make around 55-60hp. More than enough to be a blast on something that weighs less than 300lbs.

I was riding in 50* weather last week. Wasn't bad when in the sun, going through the shade and when the sun started to set it was quite chilly. But it was so nice to get the bike out for even just a little bit. e0de45ca25d2e9a0be6c779f2bcb36a3.jpg1718face600798b2f34af3bc59651e26.jpg

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Even in late spring/ early fall it's not uncommon to have morning temps in the high 40s low 50s here, and a 40 degree swing to the high for the day. Electric vest and layers FTW.

Good gear, and I'm pretty comfortable down into the 40s.

Gear is the main factor. With the right gear you can comfortably ride when it's way too cold for road conditions to be safe on two wheels. Regardless, I still need two batteries.

*sigh*

Gear is the main factor. With the right gear you can comfortably ride when it's way too cold for road conditions to be safe on two wheels. Regardless, I still need two batteries.

*sigh*

Yep, one of my old roommates moved his GSXR750 from one garage to another at our apartment complex as we rented a bigger garage. It was winter. He never left the property and never went over 10-15mph. Coming around a curve on a walkway he low sided at 10mph... it looked like someone tied a rope to the bottom of the bike and pulled the bike right out from underneath him because the ground or his tires or a combo of both were frozen. Scratched the stator cover to shit.

If something needs replacing I am usually happy when it's just a battery. Get your ass over to batteries plus.