LegacyGT.com

The Motorcycle Thread V2

Speaking of TP he is on team Puerto Rico for MXoN. It was supposed to be him, Sipes and Ronnie Mac all on 2 strokes but someone got mad that Ronnie Mac is a fictional character and said he wasn't allowed to race in MxoN. Now they are running a 4 stroke 450 on team PR and ruined the whole all 2 stroke team.

I thought it was a great idea to have a team made up of two over the hill retired racers and a fictional character all on 2 strokes but the FIM didn't think it was funny. They basically picked a team that would bring them as much money as possible in donations for PR relief. Below is Ron and yes his swing arm says "I EAT ASS"

ronnie.thumb.jpg.805bc7c0fe470918f355faa7709abe49.jpg

Edited by 05GT Guru

Does an Indian Scout count? Or is Travis Pastrana only half of a real man?

Maybe 40% real man. He had to copy a real man and that Scout did not look stock. LOL.

I loved when the crank callers used to call Evel and record when he went off on them. My first hero (product of the 70's).

Maybe 40% real man. He had to copy a real man and that Scout did not look stock. LOL.

I loved when the crank callers used to call Evel and record when he went off on them. My first hero (product of the 70's).

Wasnt a Scout. That was the reveal of a new bike Indian is coming out with soon I believe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wasnt a Scout. That was the reveal of a new bike Indian is coming out with soon I believe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No, they were all Scouts with suspension mods. They were still pretty close to stock weight though. And he jump further than Evel, 2 more cars in the car jump, 2 more buses in the bus jump and 10 more feet over the fountain. Still amazing that evel did it on a 70s bike with 70s tech... he also didn't land the fountain jump and broke some stuff.

Evel wasn't just a daredevil. He was the daredevil that learned how to advertise and make a living off of it. He took something that was considered nothing more than circus act and made it a stand alone lifelong career.

Edited by 05GT Guru

Needs more pic...

h-d_v-twin-sportbikehero.jpg?itok=Icy41Tgp&fc=50,50

H-D's customer base is aging out of motorcycling, so they need to do something. I agree, if the bike isn't competetive, image alone isn't going to sell it with a younger clientele. Just the size of the engine compared to the rest of the bike in that pic makes it look cartoonish.

The bar in that category is pretty high.

Looks cool, hopefully it's reasonably priced and still has performance.

Brought to you by Pfizer

https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-to-ruin-a-racing-career-in-one-dangerous-move-1828918892

This is completely bonkers, this guy should be banned from racing.

Tensions are understandably high, and if there’s one thing that can really get your blood boiling, it’s feeling like someone else’s stupid move just cost you a good finishing position. But many drivers wait until after the race to air their grievances. Fenati decided to take matters into his own hands on the track.

Despite running off the track, the two riders had stuck together and kept battling. On the back straight, Fenati slipped up next to Manzi and reached over to press Manzi’s brake lever.

0_MotoGP-rider-Romano-Fenati-blasted-for-nearly-causing-horrific-crash-by-grabbing-rivals-brakes-duri.jpg

Brought to you by Pfizer

Agree. What the fark was that idiot thinking, but only a two race ban, unfortunately. Maybe the Moto2 camp will have a Go Fund Me page to hire someone to smash the guy's hands. Permanent ban ENABLED.

His team kicked him off though. So who knows if he'll ever race again. 2 race ban seems grossly inadequate. That guy could have died.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Looks cool, hopefully it's reasonably priced and still has performance.

I'm interested to see what they can get out of 975ccs. We know the cruisers and touring bikes are pretty bad power to CC ratio but it's been a while since they have had a sporty bike. Even in the Buell days they made him start off with the 1200cc sportster 70hp dog of a motor because they didn't want to fund a new engine. Then they sourced the 1125cc motor from rotax... which was better but not a Harley motor. I wonder if Harley is making this 975cc or sourcing it from another company?

I'm interested to see what they can get out of 975ccs. We know the cruisers and touring bikes are pretty bad power to CC ratio but it's been a while since they have had a sporty bike. Even in the Buell days they made him start off with the 1200cc sportster 70hp dog of a motor because they didn't want to fund a new engine. Then they sourced the 1125cc motor from rotax... which was better but not a Harley motor. I wonder if Harley is making this 975cc or sourcing it from another company?

Well interestingly their water cooled 750 actually has almost 70hp. It's not great, but that's a lot closer to the Japanese cc/power ratio than their air cooled offerings.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Evel had HUGE balls and was a great showman. Todays extreme sports are an extension of what he started.

Speaking of Buells... anyone want to buy mine? LOL.

Yes, they are. Which is a reason why Pastrana wanted to recreate these 3 jumps. Pastrana has jumped Kayaks off 50foot ramps. He also has some HUGE ones.

Well interestingly their water cooled 750 actually has almost 70hp. It's not great, but that's a lot closer to the Japanese cc/power ratio than their air cooled offerings.

That is pretty decent. Especially considering the 107CI or 1750cc motor they use in a lot of bikes makes 85hp.

I personally hope it's awesome. Makes good power, 125ish or more. Handles like a champ and has decent fit and finish for a reasonable price. Would love it if the US had a sportbike line to be proud of.

Edited by 05GT Guru

That is pretty decent. Especially considering the 107CI or 1750cc motor they use in a lot of bikes makes 85hp.

I personally hope it's awesome. Makes good power, 125ish or more. Handles like a champ and has decent fit and finish for a reasonable price. Would love it if the US had a sportbike line to be proud of.

Agreed, I was disappointed to see that Motus was closing their doors. It looked like their bikes were amazing, but well out of my price range.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Motus built their own Pushrod V4s though, which was pretty amazing. The design was inspired by the LS motor. Jay Leno's garage had an episode on them. Pretty cool stuff. 126lbft of torque is immense. Edited by Dishwasher

Brought to you by Pfizer