LegacyGT.com

The Motorcycle Thread V2

Sub'd.

Haven't rode my bike in a while now... thinking of selling it at the beginning of next season. Ever since I moved back from school (western MA has a bunch of great roads, eastern MA... not so much), I haven't really had the urge to ride. If the ride to work weren't a boring 20min highway-only commute, I'd probably ride more.

Crotch-rocketed my way through the earlier years, and having taught the MSF Basic and Advanced Rider for a numer of years and seen the accident pics, I'm not inclined to strap one of those on any time soon. They're like a lethal drug and as someone mentioned, that rider-group gets amped-up pretty regularly on it.

At this stage, I'm really only interested in 2-up touring :lol:.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

One of the things I appreciate about the ST1300. Sport touring to cafe sport (sortof) in a few minutes. That and the adjustable windshield.

I had 3 CBRs. Had fun on them all. My left knee is shot but I still ride friends rockets every now and then.

In a perfect world I would have a cruiser and a sport bike. The balance, the feel of them is something I miss. I just don't want to ride them on 3+ hour freeway rides each way like I used to.

I had 3 CBRs. Had fun on them all. My left knee is shot but I still ride friends rockets every now and then.

In a perfect world I would have a cruiser and a sport bike. The balance, the feel of them is something I miss. I just don't want to ride them on 3+ hour freeway rides each way like I used to.

my left knee as my doc describes it, is the equivalent of a pro linemans knee in their 70's.

I still ride daily :spin:

test ride the new diavel, i thought it was super comfy and easier on my knee than my SF-S

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

The Honda 6 cylinder? What a monster bike.

Back when I was still racing karts, my buddies dad showed up at the track with a Boss Hoss motorcycle, Chevy V8 with a 2 speed automatic plus reverse. 500+ hp. My buddy had ridden it (he roadraced and motocrossed b4 karting) and said one ride was enough. That thing was scary. :lol:

https://www.bosshoss.com/dealer-inventory.asp

My uncle had a boss hoss. His was like a early to mid 2000s back when they only had 370ishhp v8. Looked like a pain in the butt to ride really. It was also a 1100lbs bike. Which means it still only had the power to weight ratio of a 600cc sport bike having roughly 3 times the horsepower and 3 times the weight.

Crotch-rocketed my way through the earlier years, and having taught the MSF Basic and Advanced Rider for a numer of years and seen the accident pics, I'm not inclined to strap one of those on any time soon. They're like a lethal drug and as someone mentioned, that rider-group gets amped-up pretty regularly on it.

At this stage, I'm really only interested in 2-up touring :lol:.

Taught MSF a few years, all the instructors were closet squids. I used to be a calm-ish rider, but since the MSF gig, I've gotten a literbike, I ride way faster, get less tickets and more chicks. :lol:

My uncle had a boss hoss. His was like a early to mid 2000s back when they only had 370ishhp v8. Looked like a pain in the butt to ride really. It was also a 1100lbs bike. Which means it still only had the power to weight ratio of a 600cc sport bike having roughly 3 times the horsepower and 3 times the weight.

But monster torque you couldn't put to the ground. :lol:

I sat on it. It felt like a whale. And the turning circle was HUGE, which is why it had reverse gear.

With the recent knee injury, I don't see crouching and knee-gripping, for long periods of time, in my future. So 2-up touring/cruising will be the way-ahead.

Still want a broad-flat torque curve that can get me up and moving easily, even bagged and top-cased. Wouldn't even mind a full-dressed Goldwing, but that might be too heavy. Could see an Indian Chief Vintage in the future just for rumble-fun.

If the Triumph Street Twin has balance shafts to vastly reduce vibration, i'd think about getting it. Since divorcing, need toys.

http://www.motociclismo.es/media/cache/article_apaisada/upload/images/article/23123/article-triumph-bonneville-street-twin-2016-562ff8b755f9b.jpg

If the Triumph Street Twin has balance shafts to vastly reduce vibration, i'd think about getting it. Since divorcing, need toys.

http://www.motociclismo.es/media/cache/article_apaisada/upload/images/article/23123/article-triumph-bonneville-street-twin-2016-562ff8b755f9b.jpg

If you can find a dealer for a test ride... I originally went to the dealer to look at those but they were on back order. Had to put a refundable deposit down and order one just to test ride it. Rode the thruxton and fell in love. If the 900 in the street twin is anything like the 1200 in the thruxton in terms of vibration, you'll love it.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...