LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Has anyone ever seen this before? It looks pretty cool and like it's definitely worth $35.00.

https://fastmagloader.com/pages/fastmag?fbclid=IwAR1BDKq5sJiPeLBb86STR3gU6L1Gt1eXpkfovQBLxmh8fKcZNIy9taVOFdo

I’ve never used a mag loader, your thumbs get used to it after some time and I’ve never found them to be any faster. Loading pistol mags can be a pain, i get you but try this:

Load your mags, let them sit for a few days, unload them, repeat this process a few times and your mags will be broken in and easy to load

I have been in touch with this speedloader:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElPy3TFFDkw]Swedish K speedloader. Probably the best there is (for the Swedish K at least). - YouTube[/ame]

Not sure if it's the best, but it works.

453747.png

• 2 weeks later...
I just added a ppq m2 q4 tac to my collection. I plan to run a Triji RMRcc because my old eyes no longer agree with iron sights. Thanks a lot CSR.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

With all the craziness lately I've decided to start carrying more often, and as such I decided I should get something a little more easily/comfortably concealed than my SD9VE, so picked up a Springfield Armory Hellcat OSP in FDE. Just picked it up yesterday, hoping to get some break in range time here this weekend.

20210114_213540.thumb.jpg.ed59e6e1b706307db33d41ba6a6f59b4.jpg

I never leave my home without it, in fact it feels like something is missing if it not on my hip. It just another item like my keys, wallet, my pouch (flashlight/ leatherman/ lighter/ firestarter) and phone. Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

My wife and I are going to take CCP classes next week. I think it's going to really get crazy out there in the VERY near future and since we have the identical Walther PPQ's (one 4" and one 5"), I think it's a good idea to be able to have them on person.

We're also looking at a CZ Scorpion EVO 3 9mm PISTOL with the folding "arm brace" and a good red dot site. Fits my wife perfectly with the "arm brace" against her shoulder and will be a great backup to my friend Mossberg. Plus, with all of them being 9mm, no mistakes on loading.

My wife and I are going to take CCP classes next week. I think it's going to really get crazy out there in the VERY near future and since we have the identical Walther PPQ's (one 4" and one 5"), I think it's a good idea to be able to have them on person.

We're also looking at a CZ Scorpion EVO 3 9mm PISTOL with the folding "arm brace" and a good red dot site. Fits my wife perfectly with the "arm brace" against her shoulder and will be a great backup to my friend Mossberg. Plus, with all of them being 9mm, no mistakes on loading.

I SBR’d my scorpion last year, now has an 8” Barrel and I run a SiCo Hybrid can with it, fits under the stock rail, it’s a great gun. I have the Magpul Zhukov Stock with Reptilia Link, Magpul grip, HB industries trigger (which was a major PITA to install) and a Leupold LCO.

e340ab67c4c70b8693b11ea69de7d8c6.jpg

I also just form 1’d my SR-15 last month for free. When the ATF tried to ban pistol braces they opened a “registry” and you got the tax stamp for free. It was meant for pistols, I registered my SR15 because I didn’t want to be married to one muzzle device anymore (14.5” barrel) jokes on you ATF

Edited by THE RZA

What does everyone think of frangible rounds for indoor home defense? Seems like a good option based on what I've read, but you all know a lot more than I do. Please share your thoughts on them. I have a house very close to me and the entryway that someone would break into is about 50' away from the neighbor, so my thinking, and I may be wrong, is that less chance for ricochet and therefore safer for the neighbor's kids if I were to ever have to shoot indoors at that entryway.

Opinons?

Picked up this little gem the other day... it's a hoot to shoot, and about the only caliber I can afford to shoot right now, LOL.

That looks like a lot of fun. I’d love to get something to plink with like a 22lr AR or a PCC... I haven’t been able to find 7.62 milsurp for my M1A in months if not a year at this point, and I don’t want to use up my reserves.

.22 seems to be the only ammo I can get right now that isn't ~$1/round, so that's mostly what I'm shooting, in addition to some revolver calibers that I load for. I'm not going to dig into my 9mm, 45 or 5.56 supply, at least not for recreational shooting, until things have calmed down.

Frangible rounds are not reliable in penetration, so not really what you want in a defensive round. Just go with a good quality defensive ammo that meets the FBI criteria, and train.

Hornady Critical Defense is definitely the best home defense ammo for a pistol, I've put thousands of rounds of it down the pipes of my 226, 229 and Scorpion.

What does everyone think of frangible rounds for indoor home defense? Seems like a good option based on what I've read, but you all know a lot more than I do. Please share your thoughts on them. I have a house very close to me and the entryway that someone would break into is about 50' away from the neighbor, so my thinking, and I may be wrong, is that less chance for ricochet and therefore safer for the neighbor's kids if I were to ever have to shoot indoors at that entryway.

Opinons?

Fortify the latch/jambs/hinges so they'll make more noise and give you extra time to respond. Consider a solid wood bedroom door so you can hunker down and let them come to you. 12 gauge? Do you have a home alarm? should turn most intruders back. Simply safe is $25/month. Cellular so no wires to cut, if they even do that these days. Don't 90% of occupied home invasions involve drugs or known cash to be around? And many involve people opening the door to strangers at all hours.

Fortify the latch/jambs/hinges so they'll make more noise and give you extra time to respond. Consider a solid wood bedroom door so you can hunker down and let them come to you. 12 gauge? Do you have a home alarm? should turn most intruders back. Simply safe is $25/month. Cellular so no wires to cut, if they even do that these days. Don't 90% of occupied home invasions involve drugs or known cash to be around? And many involve people opening the door to strangers at all hours.

All what you said would be helpful but not always practical. Real home defense is all about being prepared, having the knowledge, training to do what is necessary to protect yourself and love ones.

........ John Nolte says it Best. ......

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/23/dear-gun-grabbers-whats-best-society-not-my-problem/

Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆