LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

I have a D60, it's a novel item for 5.56 IMO

I also have the D-50 for .308 and for the CZ Scorpion.

In both applications it's fine, with an AR-10 I'm more than likely shooting from the prone or a bench so it's fun to mag dump cheap 150 grain ball ammo with.

The D-50 for the Scorpion is great, that rifle shoots so soft and I go through 30 round mags fast. It's not too heavy for a Scorpion....makes for a good time on the range!

Looking like the Leupold scope I had planned to mount on the Mini-14 is going to end up on the Marlin 60 I picked up kind of on impulse a year or so ago. Quite a bit more scope than gun, but these 73 y/o eyes need the optics and I might as well work with what I already have on hand.

Health issues involving an implanted port in my upper right chest argue against shooting centerfires at least for the foreseeable future but I'm pretty sure I can handle .22LR and possibly .17HMR. Just waiting now on some rings to show up.

Norm

Sure can. The Marlin is keeping a Henry lever gun and my son's bolt-action rifle company in the gun safe, along with an AR7 (which was not a complete impulse purchase - I had the plastic toy version of that one as a kid). And there's a couple of .22 pistols. So I've got a number of ways to burn through my stock of .22LR once I'm up to the trip to the range.

I hear you on ammo prices - Cheaper than Dirt seems to be getting about 30¢/round for .22LR unless you get 5000-round boxes of Armscor 36 grain where it's still north of 20¢/round. Used to be what, about a nickel a round?

Thinking back to when I bought thousand round boxes of .223/5.56 for $400 at Shooter's . . . or steelcase 7.62x39 for the AK at about $4/20 at Cabela's (still have a fair amount of each left). <sigh>

Norm

Edited by Norm Peterson

Well, the scope rings showed up this afternoon, so I spent quite a bit of time getting everything together and bore-sighted as good as can be done at about 5 yards inside the house. The scope has a green dot, and it's kind of cool to watch it move relative to the red boresight dot as elevation and windage knobs are adjusted. Getting the scope's vertical hair to be vertical relative to the gun (and stay there while tightening the rings) took more time.

I did think to correct for scope height above the barrel (1.5") and a typical .22 LR bullet trajectory (should be just under an inch under the scope's dot/crosshairs at that distance, given that 50 yards is probably going to be my zero distance for .22 LR rifles).

Norm

Edited by Norm Peterson

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I went down the rabbit hole and built a 6.5 creedmoor...

Bergara Premier barreled action

Triggertech trigger

KRG stock

Athlon Cronus optic

51648807637_0ea686ae27_c.jpg

Then, I spent a stupid amount of $$$ on some Hornady ELD Match ammo. And today I took it to the range for the first time. Only had time for a few (11) rounds before work stuff, just enough for a quick 100 yard zero.

First two rounds (boresighted) were touching on the right side of the paper an inch high. Made one scope adjustment, and fired three more rounds centered (.75 MOA). Next three were on the upper left (.5 MOA plus a called flyer), and three more on the upper right (.5 MOA).

51664520808_1b00659e03_c.jpg

Pretty pleased for the first 11 rounds out of a brand new gun, shooting off a picnic table. Next time out will be on a real bench, and over a chronograph so I can start working up the dope. :D

Edited by rodan

Grips arrived. Ready to surprise my son for his 15th birthday at the end of the month. For those that don't know, it's from the Resident Evil video games.

FA2-F96-DB-00-EA-4-AA6-A0-AC-E4-CB4-BCFE083.jpg

42-BF74-AA-CED8-45-B8-B958-9-CEDD0-DD6061.jpg

Not an exact replica but in the style of Chris Redfield. Lots of different things went into this one. My old Brig modified with:

Slide engraving and coating by Middlebranch Machine.

G decoker with right side delete by WAL.

Barrel in CPII by CCR.

NP3 trigger and Optimized Trigger Bar from LTT.

Elite hammer and extended mag release from Beretta.

Grips by Collector Design Works.

I have grips coming from DS Grips as well. Working on another Beretta for those.

Edited by chowser51
pic

Grips arrived. Ready to surprise my son for his 15th birthday at the end of the month. For those that don't know, it's from the Resident Evil video games.

FA2-F96-DB-00-EA-4-AA6-A0-AC-E4-CB4-BCFE083.jpg

42-BF74-AA-CED8-45-B8-B958-9-CEDD0-DD6061.jpg

Not an exact replica but in the style of Chris Redfield. Lots of different things went into this one. My old Brig modified with:

Slide engraving and coating by Middlebranch Machine.

G decoker with right side delete by WAL.

Barrel in CPII by CCR.

NP3 trigger and Optimized Trigger Bar from LTT.

Elite hammer and extended mag release from Beretta.

Grips by Collector Design Works.

I have grips coming from DS Grips as well. Working on another Beretta for those.

The "Raccoon" on the grips gave it away as Resident Evil. Nice piece and Happy Birthday to your son.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Figure it might be time to post some of my toys as I'm trying to sell my car and leave the community. :lol:

This was the latest 300 BLK build:

YDdyFJ0.jpg

I'm hoping the Turbo-K for this thing gets out of jail before I move. Pending 4/20 :spin:

Poo has hit the fan while on high. Dropped off 24 firearms at Loudoun Guns on consignment last week. Plan is to drop off another 11 this week. I am losing my shirt on the deal, selling at literally less than 1/2 the cost to purchase or build. I may be able to keep my Mossburg 500, my wifes shield and XDR and my little girls .22. Everything else must go.

Because you moved or what? This doesn't sound good.....

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

No. Because I did not do my due diligence and follow up on an agreement with a business lender. The T's were not crossed and the I's are not dotted. So 4 years later a scum bag law firm files a one page document with the CA Secretary of State and holds Lien on any and all of my current and future funds/property. In order to satisfy the Lien (and stop a Lien sale on my home) I am robbing "Peter to Pay Paul" and simultaneously cashing out everything else in my life.