LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

I wasn't really liking the low scope rings on my Tikka, so I switched to high rings and took it out and re-zeroed this morning. The high rings definitely made it more comfortable, and I was more consistent with my cheek weld.

Shot a 223/250 on the USBR target this morning, which is a personal best. I think I'm ready for my first match next week.

For those unfamiliar, the USBR target is used for rimfire benchrest competition at 50 yards. There are 3 sighting targets at the top, and 25 targets for score with 250 as the possible score. You get 20 minutes to shoot one shot on each target. Sounds easier than it is...

My 223/250 target (the 'C' is my designation for tracking which ammo I was shooting):

51239186509_fc59df13e3_c.jpg

To give a better idea what you're shooting at, here's a dime and .22 round for size. The tiny ring in the center is the ten ring, which is .100". Literally like driving tacks.

51239473915_0700e4ef4c_c.jpg

This is a fun change from the USPSA/IDPA type stuff I've been doing over the last few years. You really have to work on techique and consistency.

Wow, had no idea it was that many.

Just imagine the ATF trying to process that many NFA applications!

Last december they had a registration to register them as SBR’s for free. Which if you had a gun you really wanted to SBR but didn’t want to pay for the Stamp this was the way to go.

I used it to register a 16” rifle and 2 stripped lowers that I plan to build in to SBR’s eventually. Thanks ATF for saving me $600 !

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a Sig P365XL for a red dot carry piece, and mounted a 507K. Pretty impressed with it so far... I've never been much of a Sig fan, but gotta admit they knocked it out of the park with the P365 family.

51252305524_2833622b73_c.jpg

Last december they had a registration to register them as SBR’s for free. Which if you had a gun you really wanted to SBR but didn’t want to pay for the Stamp this was the way to go.

I used it to register a 16” rifle and 2 stripped lowers that I plan to build in to SBR’s eventually. Thanks ATF for saving me $600 !

Wait???

This happened? I thought they were only thinking about it.

I thought it was just an intent thing waiting for comments and it was retracted in December. Only to resurface recently. I haven’t heard of anyone registering their “braced” pistols into free sbr stamps.

You actually have three stamps in hand?

Edited by chowser51

• 3 weeks later...

eForm 1 trust, one responsible party.

filed 06/16, prints mailed 06/17, arrived 06/21.

approved and pdf in hand 07/09.

examiner Carol Ripley.

3 weeks. Now my Banshee sbr is complete.

3-C0996-E9-7-F71-404-D-BCF6-489-D3-FFA0-AC6.jpg

3 weeks... amazing.

Though there's no reason a Form 4 should take any longer than that, and any Form should be same day with electronic submission.

Edited by rodan

It's the light... those pics came out very 'golden', not sure why. I've taken many other pics under the same lighting without that result.

Here's the Model of 1905 Target in straight 'white' lighting:

51305346409_472d1d53b6_c.jpg

This gun was made in 1920.

It's the light... those pics came out very 'golden', not sure why.

Looks like white balance was off when the pic was taken. Perhaps the camera was set to "Daylight" instead of "Incandescent" or "Auto," or perhaps auto white balance was confused by a lack of pure whites or blacks in the image.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

Ready for Zombieland!! :p

Been wanting to try one of these for a while, and finally found a decent price. Magpul D-60... probably just silly, but may not be bad on a grab-n-go gun. Need to get it out on the range and see if it runs, and if the extra weight/bulk is a deal breaker.

Apologies for the fuzzy pic... damn cell phone again.

51367761418_29e558a14c_c.jpg51368276669_c7c1493e16_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm getting ready to go down the rabbit hole of a 6.5CR long range rifle... :eek:

Anyone have first hand experience with Tikka T3x vs. Bergara Premium rifles? Read lots on the various forums, just curious if anyone here has any input.