LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Owch, I presume your counsel has looked into this already?

Yes. It will cost more to fight than to pay out. I fought and "won" last time. It cost me $65k and I received no compensation.

Sold an AR today. .556 with a 16" barrel. Ambrose Armory billet matched upper and lower, JP buffer spring, Magpul UBR stock, Spikes T2 buffer, A.R.M.S front and rear sights, Geissle trigger, KNS roll pins, Troy bolt release, CMMG lower parts kit, Fail Zero bolt carrier group, Odin gas block, Odin gas tube, CBI barrel, Primary Arms suppressor, BCM charge handle, Magpul Miad grip, A.R.M.S rail (same as used in Call of Duty), less than 500 rounds through it. Sell price $995.99. I got $800 out of a rifle that cost me well over $2k to build.

Thats the kind of rape job I am taking.

Yes. It will cost more to fight than to pay out. I fought and "won" last time. It cost me $65k and I received no compensation.

Unfortunately that's the reality when attorneys get involved. Even if you win, they are the only ones that really win.

• 1 month later...
Are you an insurance adjuster? You sound like one. ;)

Anyone who's ever dealt with attorneys could tell you that's the likely outcome. ;)

Back to the subject matter, here's one to piss off both Fudds and Tactical Tonys... :p

52036839567_dbb5039211_c.jpg

This is what the guy who attacked Dave Chappelle had on him. I can’t imagine why this exists. If you wanna sneak a knife in somewhere, disguising it as a gun seems like a bad way to do it.

Brought to you by Pfizer

The original Artillery model Luger was designed to be used with a detachable stock, but it only had an 8" barrel.

H1097-L248215592.jpg

I've never seen a Luger with a barrel that long, but with enough $$ you can do whatever you want, I guess...

No. Because I did not do my due diligence and follow up on an agreement with a business lender. The T's were not crossed and the I's are not dotted. So 4 years later a scum bag law firm files a one page document with the CA Secretary of State and holds Lien on any and all of my current and future funds/property. In order to satisfy the Lien (and stop a Lien sale on my home) I am robbing "Peter to Pay Paul" and simultaneously cashing out everything else in my life.

louden county, PM me I'll buy a few

My stamps came in! :D

Submitted in late October (Paper Form 4/Trust), so earlier than I expected by 4+ months. Looking forward to getting out to the range this weekend....

52083648949_0c7d65c366_c.jpg

52083905820_3f2dfbda7b_c.jpg

Edited by rodan

Didn’t take photos yet, but finally got my Geissele order of an Aimpoint Comp M5 and lower 1/3 cowitness Geissele mount delivered the other day.

Installed the sight to the mount with Loctite torqued to 12in-lbs per screw torqued in cross sequence. Mount is machined from a billet of 7075-T6 aluminum, and so is the Comp M5 so no helicoils needed. I love Aimpoint’s micro mount interface with an integral recoil slot machined into the bottom of the sight, with the Geissele mount having a corresponding lug that is a snug fit. The mount also has two lugs on the bottom that fit into the 1913 Picatinny rail on the upper receiver, with a 1/2” nut cross bolt securing it all torqued to 65in-lbs which should be around 1250-1300lbs/sq-in of clamping force.

I mounted it to my Knights Armanent Co. SR-15 E3 Mod 2 16” 5.56 NATO carbine. Hit the range that evening to put a 50/200 yard zero on it. Zeroing went smoothly with IMI M855 62gr steel core ammo, M855 isn’t exactly known for accuracy but the IMI is more consistent than Winchester in my guns and this held the black of a B8 bullseye target at 200 yards with a non magnifying optic so I can’t bitch. With a 2 MOA dot covering 4” out there bullets we’re landing under or on the edges of the dot. The Aimpoint Comp M5 and T2 both have excellent glass and for my eyes both provide a crisp dot, with edge for my astigmatism going to the Comp M5. Adjusting the windage and elevation was no problem and the clicks seemed to track according to specs. The Comp M5 runs on ubiquitous AAA batteries so you can get them anywhere.

This particular carbine doesn’t seem to give a shit what ammo it is fed in the 62gr-77gr weight class with a 50/200 zero it will shoot pretty well POA=POI without any pressing need to make sight adjustments. So I zeroed with the IMI because I have a lot of it on hand. A brief couple of groups with Hornady Black 62gr and IMI 77gr Sierra Match Kings gave much much better groups, that were near enough the same POA=POI that I’m satisfied. It’s red dot sight equipped carbine, it’s simple put dot on target press trigger from point blank to 200 yards.

Currently set up this way so my wife can pick it up and repel boarders if needed, as it’s currently the lightest handiest AR I have. It was wearing a magnified optic but will be set up this way until I tax stamp another lower as an SBR and build a proper 12.5” house gun with a quiet maker on it.

Weapon light is a Cloud Defensive OWL, which I am very pleased with so far, but I will concede that on a longer rail it’s tough for a shorter statures shooter to reach the integrated pressure pad if the light is pushed up all the way forward.

Edited by Penguin

Weapon light is a Cloud Defensive OWL, which I am very pleased with so far, but I will concede that on a longer rail it’s tough for a shorter statures shooter to reach the integrated pressure pad if the light is pushed up all the way forward.

I recently switched both of my "serious" ARs to the Streamlight HL-X rail mount with Cloud Defense switch mounts, and have to say I've been very impressed with both. The light output is fantastic, and the switch mount at 12:00 on the rail works really well for shooting off either shoulder.

The light is admittedly a chonky girl, but the big reflector up front really throws the light so it has a high lumen and candela output. Runs on 18650 rechargeable batteries and comes with a charger. Actually not as heavy as it looks, and the mounting body is reversible so you can just swap the tail with the head on the opposite side of the rail and run it on the left. Switch is easily accessible (assuming you have man length arms....) with either hand regardless of which side the light body is on.

I like the idea of the OWL, with everything in one compact package, but I would have preferred if they'd put the switch a little more offset from the light to make it a little easier to use on the off shoulder. I have yet to see one in person to see the light ouput firsthand. I've been really impressed with the HL-X... way better throw than the SF Fury lights on our work guns.

Ran the Turbo K on my 16" gun this morning. Definitely loud, but useable without hearing protection. You wouldn't want to shoot it all day, but exactly what I was looking for for a defensive gun. Still need to shoot it on the SBR, which will definitely be louder...

52087357324_c5a8ef7a36_c.jpg

Forgot to take a pic of the 6.5 with the Nomad L, but it's really quiet! About a 2" POI shift at 100 yds.... need to get it out again to see if that's repeatable.

Here is what access to the switch looks like from the opposite side shoulder. As long as the rail isn’t totally stupid in size, or you have tiny hands it’s a non issue.

9-B9-A5-EBC-3-C46-478-F-A525-11-A949-F3-BB15.jpg

It will be challenging to access on the off side of you have the light mounted in front of something like a front sight post. Otherwise not a problem. If I moved the light ahead of the front sight on this carbine the light would be nearly even with the muzzle, and get blasted with carbon.

Got out to the range yesterday and did some ammo testing in my .22 Tikka. I have been using CCI SV, which shoots very well in it, but wanted to try some "good stuff". I finally got my hands on some Lapua Center-X and Eley Tenex. I also had some SK Standard that I had tested previously, but wasn't all that impressed with. I thought I'd give it another shot... pun intended.

The first two sighters were just some warm up with CCI SV, and once I reset the zero, the third sighter was a 10 shot CCI SV group. All subsequent groups were 10 shots, and I rotated through the ammo shooting a group with each before returning to the same type.

52103530503_5afcbecbb3_c.jpg

The Lapua and Eley were the clear winners for accuracy. I preferred the Lapua, as the Eley had just enough velocity to go supersonic and was louder through my suppressor. The SK wasn't really any better than the CCI, and the CCI is pretty darn good, though it does seem more likely to throw the occasional flyer than the "good stuff".

Being as the Lapua and Eley are 4-5x the price of the CCI, I'll probably just stick with the CCI and suffer the occasional flyer. And the CCI has been a heck of a lot easier to get.

I also shot my 11.5" SBR with the Turbo K can... loud, right at the line for being tolerable without hearing protection, but not as loud as an unsuppressed 9mm. In other words, just what it needs to be for a defensive gun.

CCI Standard Velocity and CCI Green Tag used to be my go to ammo for reasonably priced training ammo in .22LR pistols and rifles.

Used to burn a lot of Green Tag training and then sight in with Eley Ten-X and shoot matches with that. Figure in a Bullseye pistol match the Eley (or other premium match ammo) might be worth a 2-3% increase in score. Worth it for a match but not cost effective for training.

Edited by Penguin