LegacyGT.com

BMB's Motor Pulling Thread with MAX Boxkitty Drama

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Yes, you want to reinstall the pressure plate with the paint mark 120 degrees off from the paint mark on the FW.

Thanks. Clockwise or counterclockwise? Or will it only go on one way really assuming the 120* requirement?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
Sorry, should have said 120 degrees or greater. Direction doesn't matter, so as long as they are 120-240 degrees out of alignment you are good.

Got it. Just so the heavy sides are opposed. Will do!

WTF? :lol:

He said he would approve this post with his stamp of approval. BUT, his stamp of approval is permanently in a NSFW thread.

Talked to JMP for a good bit tonight. Should be sending him my 16g for some upgrades here shortly :D

Nice, what are you having done? How long is it expected to take?

• Moderators
Nice, what are you having done? How long is it expected to take?

Pretty much whatever JmP feels like doing, but overall replacing the rotating assembly with an inconel (sp?) custom 11-blade piece and possibly going back to a smaller / stock exhaust housing. Also looking to add an upgraded actuator if I can find one to fit a BNR turbo--not sure what fits at this point.

He will replace all other reliability pieces while he's in there because that's really the only way he operates. I'm sure it will be great :)

• Moderators

Started putting together the battle plan / sequence of events in the second post here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5305444&postcount=2

Anything I'm missing?

Gonna go through the steps while looking at the motor and figure out what gaskets, crush washers, etc I'll be needed. Definitely a few odds and ends to order and I don't want to be stuck stopping every other step to wait for dealer parts :spin:

I have two separate sizes in the Subaru gasket kit. I'll measure them in a moment.

Large id .475 x od .630

Small Id .400 x od .552

.040 Thickness for both

I'm probably going to replace the stock capped hard line.

Need to call Mike and get the thing ordered. :/

More washers as well, just in case.

Hate it when not having a little part like this kills momentum.

Anyone happen to have part numbers for crush washers for the passenger side banjo bolt and also for the front bolt for the IP&T oil line kit?

standard copper washer. all same size. Any hardware shop will have them.

dealer price will make you cry. $60 for 20

I have two separate sizes in the Subaru gasket kit. I'll measure them in a moment.

Large id .475 x od .630

Small Id .400 x od .552

.040 Thickness for both

I'm probably going to replace the stock capped hard line.

Need to call Mike and get the thing ordered. :/

More washers as well, just in case.

Hate it when not having a little part like this kills momentum.

my notes on this: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5118720&postcount=734

Actual PN - Gasket, 803912040 - 12mm ID, 1mm thick, 2.25mm wide

Screw - Screw-union, 15194AA270

banjo bolt - Union screw and filter assembly, 14445AA090

• Moderators

I'll be putting together an OEM order most likely from Heubergers. Looks like the part number you list John is under $1 each so I'll just order OEM stuff and be done with it, thanks!

Kzr just reminded me that I should also order the AVCS replacement line as well to get rid of the capped stock line. Will add it to the list.

• Moderators

*might* be adding a new clutch to the rebuild as well. My current one looks pretty damned good, but it does have 15k miles on it. If I'm going whole hog on this refresh I might just do a new clutch. Break in period with new turbo would suck tho :spin:

Regardless, that will be towards the very end so I have some time to mull it over.

Archived