LegacyGT.com

BMB's Motor Pulling Thread with MAX Boxkitty Drama

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How long was it after you started that you worked hard and then kinda stopped?

:hide:

With the level of Drama I deal with daily, I would say I'm always working hard.

However to your point, I was ambitious for about 3 weeks. Then played with machine shops for a few months. After that, I joined the ranks of Merc6 and others... :spin:

• Moderators
Then played with machine shops for a few months.

This is the reason that I don't currently plan to remove my heads and replace the gaskets. I've yet to have a solid recommendation from experience for Subaru headwork around here. There's gotta be someone, but I don't know who it is at this time.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

This is the reason that I don't currently plan to remove my heads and replace the gaskets. I've yet to have a solid recommendation from experience for Subaru headwork around here. There's gotta be someone, but I don't know who it is at this time.

Underdog offered to fix up my heads. I should have done it. Would have gotten some nice upgrades (cams, etc)

• Moderators
Underdog offered to fix up my heads. I should have done it. Would have gotten some nice upgrades (cams, etc)

I have shipped a set of heads before. They are heavier than I prefer to ship.

But I would go underdog all day long before some random local place. Right now it just doesn't seem needed though. If it aint broke...?

• Moderators

Shipped my turbo (BNR 16g) off to JmP tonight for some customization :cool:

Also about to order a slew of OEM bits--hoses, gaskets, etc.

And of course everything CAN'T go to plan, so this weekend I test fit the KillerB headers that showed up only to find that they are out of whack somehow, either due to heat cycling or damage from shipping. They are currently heat wrapped so it's difficult to tell at this point.

The seller is communicating well so I'm not too worried. Will get things sorted, but I may run out of time for getting a set coated. Such is life.

And of course everything CAN'T go to plan, so this weekend I test fit the KillerB headers that showed up only to find that they are out of whack somehow, either due to heat cycling or damage from shipping. They are currently heat wrapped so it's difficult to tell at this point.

The seller is communicating well so I'm not too worried. Will get things sorted, but I may run out of time for getting a set coated. Such is life.

Ding, ding, ding, drama has arrived :eek:

• Moderators
So what are you driving right now?

I picked up a '97 Impreza Outback Sport last summer for $700. It's definitely got some issues but so far it's proving to be fairly reliable transportation and is getting be to and from where I need to be. Hopefully it holds out with no major issues :)

*knock on wood*

Hi Mike,

Where did you find used holy headers? Never seen them listed.

John

• Moderators
Hi Mike,

Where did you find used holy headers? Never seen them listed.

John

One set on facebook--seller was great but I believe they were unfortunately damaged during shipping. Glad I test fit them before sending to get coated.

Other set still en route was on nasioc.

I have a line on 2 other new 2-bolt sets if you are interested. Shoot me a PM if you are.

I'm a parts whore. If it's not already in my attic there's a good chance I can find it :lol:

• Moderators

OK, so pretty much decided to put in a new clutch while everything is out. My flywheel looks great, is there really any reason to resurface if no hot spotting?

Edit: who am I kidding, the "right" answer is to also replace or resurface the FW.

Archived