LegacyGT.com

BMB's Motor Pulling Thread with MAX Boxkitty Drama

• Moderators

^^yes that makes sense. The one I'm dealing with is a cam sensor, found on the top/rear of the cylinder head. I was clarifying because every time I have every mentioned a cam sensor it seems like any replies default to a "crank" sensor. Locations make sense though.

For anyone that cares, part number for cam sensor is 22056AA140, part number for crank sensor is 22053AA053.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
He is on the stock block. Would probably end up breaking it with a 1.5. Although, mine broke at some point with just the VF46.

So, I am with you. 1.5 time BMB.

Going with a JmP custom 16G for now. If my car ever needs a new shortblock I would consider something larger. But for now, I think a custom billet 16G from JmP is gonna rip.

I replaced both cam position sensor, the crank position sensor, the knock sensor and both OCVs. Also did PCV and the rear oil galley adapter for my DEFI oil pressure gauge while the IM was off. Though everything was working fine, everything also had 155K on it so replacing it with new OEM - and expecting at least another 100K out of the replacement parts - made sense.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Tightening torque for the Cam and Crank Position Sensor is only 4.7 ft-lb. Knock sensor is 17.4 ft-lb and the knock sensor cord must be positioned at a 60* angle relative to the engine rear. ;)
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

He is on the stock block. Would probably end up breaking it with a 1.5. Although, mine broke at some point with just the VF46.

So, I am with you. 1.5 time BMB.

Going with a JmP custom 16G for now. If my car ever needs a new shortblock I would consider something larger. But for now, I think a custom billet 16G from JmP is gonna rip.

image.thumb.jpg.03efe5da1f1c9c5da22ebb06c120a387.jpg

• Moderators

• Moderators
Out of all 3 cars (OBXT, OBS, Honda Odyssey) I think I'd take the Odyssey for safety / roadworthiness. All 3 have snow tires, but the Hakka's on the Odyssey are just ridiculous (and also total overkill for the area, I won't replace them with the same--but they are seriously awesome when we actually get snow).

Archived