LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Tuning Thread

I tried a couple hours getting my Mac to work with my tactrix, ecuflash, & romraider. I didn't try running window operating system. (That was going to be my next step.) I had an old pc that I dusted off and it worked almost immediately and just had to get the files in the right director is for it to work 100%.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ tigger73

Sorry if I mlssed it in this thread but do you have any other modifications done to your 3.6 besides tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has a 2.5. But he has a full custom exhaust (headers, high flow cat, 2.5" mid pipe, resonators, and dual mufflers with 4" tips), rims, that's what I can think of

He has a 2.5. But he has a full custom exhaust (headers, high flow cat, 2.5" mid pipe, resonators, and dual mufflers with 4" tips), rims, that's what I can think of

+1 what he said.

Nothing on the air intake side - all stock filters and housing/pipe work.

Where can I has this 3.6R tune?

Sent you a PM Opie.

Hopefully one of the guys with a Tactrix cable can put together a bit of a DIY for all those that are wanting a tune but not sure how to go about it.

Matt/throttlehappy who has tuned all of the gen6 cars to date visits my city every couple of months so he has tuned my car with his own Tactrix cable. You'll need to have access to a laptop and cable to read your ECU and load the tune files back on.

I'm not sure of anyone in the Florida area has a cable - we probably ought to start a bit of a register.

He can tune your XV too ;)

Edited by tigger73

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160825/3eaa6a13ca5ef9ae6689404167dd9455.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160825/7919b91c99e55ebc24288a1613f204a3.jpg here are the steps Matt gave me for reading and writing to the ECU if you need clarification or are having trouble :). If you need help you can pm me and I'll do my best to get your problems solved

+1 what he said.

Nothing on the air intake side - all stock filters and housing/pipe work.

Thanks.

Im looking at getting new 3.6 and wonder if a tune without any hardware changes will make a difference

Thanks.

Im looking at getting new 3.6 and wonder if a tune without any hardware changes will make a difference

The tune provides the major gains. Headers make a little difference in low end torque but 90% of the improvement is from the tune.

RobbieGT has his 3.6R tuned and the difference is significant in terms of drive-ability and improved fuel economy.

Edited by tigger73

Initial thoughts driving to work (no highway travel)

Seems since this most recent tune my "Off the line" reaction has substantially increased.

Also, not sure if it is from the tune or coincidental, shifting when in "Full Auto" has become much smoother. Again, not sure if this has anything to do with the tune but it has only been as smooth as it is today. Havent been driving with it long enough to notice any increase in fuel efficiency but I will kepp an eye out.

Thanks for the update! I hope to do tuning my 2.5i soon so it's good to read what to expect.

Thanks for the update! I hope to do tuning my 2.5i soon so it's good to read what to expect.

100% Worth it. The initial tune i thought was enough. Then I was sent a 91/93 specific tune and it seems from what I can tell that the performance has once again increased. Nothing but positive experience so far.

@BeastCoast1

Just pulled off the highway in this picture. Not sure if Matt tricked my 3.6r into thinking it's supposed to take fuel like an H4, but I'm very happy. I've yet to get the 91/93 tune yet but I'll update once I have!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160826/43dca7f04e67c965eeade4d812950df6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Just pulled off the highway in this picture. Not sure if Matt tricked my 3.6r into thinking it's supposed to take fuel like an H4, but I'm very happy. I've yet to get the 91/93 tune yet but I'll update once I have!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160826/43dca7f04e67c965eeade4d812950df6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Do you happen to have a GPS acceleration timer, or access to one? I'd be interested in what acceleration times you can achieve with the tune on a 3.6R.

Do you happen to have a GPS acceleration timer, or access to one? I'd be interested in what acceleration times you can achieve with the tune on a 3.6R.

Given stock the 3.6R runs 7.2sec 0-100km/hr (claimed), my guess is that with a tune they will be running mid 6's.

From my own experience I found the performance figure published in the brochure a little optimistic for the 2.5i. So if the 3.6R is the same I'd be guessing that in reality it's running mid-7's and I'm guessing that you may get a ~1sec improvement with a tune.

We need RobbieGT to put his car back to stock and do some before/after tests :)

If you have a 2.5 could you do a couple 0-60 runs and time then. I'm curious to compare numbers

I don't have any device that would give me accurate numbers and any apps for a phone are unreliable so unfortunately at this time I can't provide any reasonable solid numbers.

@BeastCoast1

Given stock the 3.6R runs 7.2sec 0-100km/hr (claimed), my guess is that with a tune they will be running mid 6's.

From my own experience I found the performance figure published in the brochure a little optimistic for the 2.5i. So if the 3.6R is the same I'd be guessing that in reality it's running mid-7's and I'm guessing that you may get a ~1sec improvement with a tune.

I could always 'test drive' a stock 2017 3.6r to see if there are any differences between the years ;):hide:

I used a gps to determine the speedo differential from the real speed, then video recorded the speedo on some 0-100km/h runs and found I was getting times around 7.2-7.3 sec with one occupant, a/c off & a full tank of fuel.

My previous gen 5 3.6R was getting 6.9-7.0 sec.

I did some very rough 0-60 times with my smart phone stop watch, paddle mode was 7.2 seconds and the auto mode was 7.5... Not too impressed considering that was what stock claimed.

Beastcoast and I should be getting my 91/93 tune taken care of soon, hopefully there's an improvement.