LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Tuning Thread

Also this came up earlier about oil temperature. Mine goes up and down a few degrees but is in this area. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161026/8ffe7e302e279fc810a60481613f4ccd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seems pretty high. I remember in my old Chevy Cobalt a warning would come on at 225

@BeastCoast1

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plug in the Tactrix to car and computer

Open EcuFlash

Select model of car and chose: Subaru BRZ and press OK

Click the 'Read from ECU' button

Now turn the Ignition to the ON position

Press OK

Wait for it to finish downloading the existing tune

It will say the tune is unrecognisable, but will give an option to save the file

Save the tune somewhere safe on your computer in SRF format

Turn ignition off

Turn ignition to the ON position for 15 seconds, then turn ign off for 15 seconds

You can now start the car as nothing is changed on the ECU except you now have a backup copy of current tune

Let engine idle for 60 seconds before driving the car

When I connected everything up, turn the ignition on (two clicks), the software isn't picking up that I have the tactrix plugged into the car.

I remember in my old Chevy Cobalt a warning would come on at 225

Really? Your "old Chevy Cobalt" had an engine oil temperature warning light?

FWIW, the engine oil temperature warning threshold for the 2.5 engine is 257 F (125 C). Source: 2015 Legacy/Outback FSM and Subaru tech training materials.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Really? Your "old Chevy Cobalt" had an engine oil temperature warning light?

FWIW, the engine oil high temperature threshold for the 2.5 engine is 257 F (125 C). Source: 2015 Legacy/Outback FSM and Subaru tech training materials.

Brain fart... I was thinkin coolant temp.

@BeastCoast1

Ok, so I figured it out..the provided cable was defective, it seems to be working correctly now after switching cables. It took the entire day to figure that out, lol. I'll keep you guys updated.

Glad you finally solved the issue! On another note, how the hell were you able to get a new Tactrix cable in a couple hours? LOL

@BeastCoast1

I don't know anything about tuning but am very interested. What all is needed and how much does it cost

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Look through this thread for answers

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I don't know anything about tuning but am very interested. What all is needed and how much does it cost

A programming cable, laptop and about 20 minutes. Cost will depend if you need to buy the cable (if you can't find someone close that has one). Tactrix cable is $200 and tune is under US$300 - depends what the current exchange rate is as TH charges in $AUD.

A programming cable, laptop and about 20 minutes. Cost will depend if you need to buy the cable (if you can't find someone close that has one). Tactrix cable is $200 and tune is under US$300 - depends what the current exchange rate is as TH charges in $AUD.

Where do I get the tune from

I have a few questions about the tactrix itself...can it be used for real time data? What else can it do..I'm curious.

Go to the tactrix website and have a look at their forum as there's discussion there for using the cable for logging and diagnostics: http://forums.openecu.org/viewforum.php?f=4

Yesterday I "tracked" my car against another 6G legacy with a Bill Kolb Jr. back plate frame. Quite a run!

I noticed that when I hit 120mph that the CVT hesitated. It would just gurgle at redline and not shift into 6th gear. Maybe this has something to do with TH's tune?

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Legacy is electronically limited to 120mph - so you hit the speed limiter....

But Matt can remove the limiter for you ;)

Huh...thought it was limited by air drag at 129. At least that's what I remember reading. Fastest I've had it is 117.