LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I got my car tuned today and these are the results. What are your thoughts? I haven't seen that dip on other people's graphs... .

For what its worth, I had a not completely dissimilar dip at 2900 RPM on my first tune. See http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5231375&postcount=28.

At the time my tuner, recommended an EBCS, which I installed along with an aftermarket BPV, and on the re-tune, the dip was removed.

I just tried to log and have some interesting results. On my way to the on ramp it over boosted in third gear to 23.7 psi (I wasn't logging at the time). This was at maybe 3/4 throttle and 3k rpm. I tried to log boost right after that and it wouldn't go above 13ish.

I have two logs right now and I think I'll grab another a little bit later today.

datalog2.csv

datalog3.csv

For what its worth, I had a not completely dissimilar dip at 2900 RPM on my first tune. See http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5231375&postcount=28.

At the time my tuner, recommended an EBCS, which I installed along with an aftermarket BPV, and on the re-tune, the dip was removed.

Thank you! I'm not necessarily worried about the dip, I just hadn't seen it on here before. Also, I have the GFB BPV and Grimmspeed EBCS... Go figure.

I just tried to log and have some interesting results. On my way to the on ramp it over boosted in third gear to 23.7 psi (I wasn't logging at the time). This was at maybe 3/4 throttle and 3k rpm. I tried to log boost right after that and it wouldn't go above 13ish.

I have two logs right now and I think I'll grab another a little bit later today.

Maybe add 'Boost target' and the turbo dynamics parameters? Your WGDC is mighty high for only hitting 13 PSI.

Edit: Your A/F correction 1 is very high so it's adding fuel when in Closed Loop. This could be a leak on inlet side. Making 13 PSI might be close to what your BOV spring is so there is a possibility you blew the signal line off the BOV and when in vacuum, you're drawing air in, thus creating the high A/F corrections to compensate and when you try to boost, you have no pressure signal to keep the BOV shut beyond it's own spring pressure. Maybe check that BOV signal line...

Edited by jackal8788

Here's the latest log. I got the christmas tree of death this time with a P0171 code. I checked all the connections on the hoses to/from the EBCS and all the connections on the intake including the throttle body hose. Nothing seemed loose. I'm calling my tuner right now :spin:

datalog1.csv

Edit: Your A/F correction 1 is very high so it's adding fuel when in Closed Loop.

It's range D (4) which is applied in Open Loop, not 1 (A) ;)

OP. Please reset the ECU and log also Boost Error, Turbo Dynamics Integral, Turbo Dynamics Proportional. Then go do the same thing to get into overboost.

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I'll do that after dinner. I think Boost Error is the only one I'll need to add.

I do have the Perrin throttle body coupler, I'll check all that one more time too. It does remind me of when my TBC failed, but it seemed fine when I checked it :confused:

OK here is the latest:

I rechecked every connection between the MAF and the throttle body that I could find. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the tmic because I don't trust that coupler. I also cleaned the MAF while I was there.

I also checked all the line to/from the EBCS and BPV and made sure they were plumbed correctly. No dice.

Everything seems like it is hooked up very securely. At this point I doubt that there is a boost leak unless something like the BPV or TMIC has failed spectacularly.

Next I reset the ECU and logged with the added parameters. I did a short run down the street and back and did not get the cel, but the car was running like there's a leak. In neutral at idle it seemed to stumble and catch itself.

What do I check next?

My tuner did email me back and told me to check all that stuff and take logs, so I'll be emailing him all this presently.

datalog1_run3.csv

Edited by Sarang

Your boost target at 2k2rpm is 18psi? What have you got on there, a twinscroll TF035? You have almost no timing in the 'saddle' around peak boost. 7.5* is barely enough to keep the engine running. It looks like boost control is doing very little because with 70% WGDC you should be at much higher MRP than that, which might lead you to think there's a boost leak. But, your load figure is not that high and you'd expect a high load value if you were losing that much air from a boost leak. And then the +25% learning. Remember if it's pegged to 25% it would like to go further but is not able. Keep looking for leaks. Block the BPV if possible to eliminate that. Take the car and get a proper pressure test to find the leak. My guess is a hose came off the manifold and/or you have a leak somewhere in the intake tube between MAF and turbo.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Fwiw behind your manifold, you'll have to take off your tmic to get to it, there's a hose that is about the diameter of your pinky. See if thats secured. I accidentally pulled it off when we put on the Perrin unit and started the car and sound like a topfuel dragster. Ziptied back on and reset the ecu and everything was back in the clear.

Has anyone had success installing one of these downpipes from the group by batch yet?

I know right? I'm trying to determine this myself. It's looking like 2 people with success? Where are all the others?

I'm also curious of Nameless' input as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I really want to get mine installed but Im planning on doing a lot of things at once, get it tuned once, fix all the "bugs" once, and then plan my next stage of upgrades. I'm in no rush and while the stock parts are still working I'm happily paying off my loan without worrying about repair costs.

I was thinking this yesterday, to track the installs and results with a post that continually gets updated. It's going to be a few months before I install, but I will be working very closely with my tuner when the time comes and thoroughly discuss what others are seeing with the overboosting.

A lot of the discussions I see here are leading me to believe that an EWG would be a huge help with this new DP and our setup. Also I still havent purchased my CBE so that is a large factor in the process for me as well. Those are two pretty pricey items that I really want on my car because, hey, if we're going for power, you want as much as you can safely get right?

Not to worry fellas - I can make up a bunch more these bad boys and I'll have a group buy! [emoji38]

Yeah I saw you trying to figure something out. Curious to see what happens.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I remember I was talking to my tuner back when I got tuned and I asked what he thought might be causing the boost creep. He said he also thinks its because the exhaust is too free. Looking at pictures on the nameless Y-pipe compared to the invidia-Y pipe, I noticed that on the point where it splits, the nameless exits are actually split into two separate pipes as oppose to the invidia which looks like one pipe branching out there is a much larger area for the exhaust to flow before it splits. Has anyone with the full nameless TBE had the boost creep problem?