LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

Dreizehn does too and he didn't mention any issues either. Would it be safe to say if you run this DP with a 3 inch catback and with no aftermarket boost controller... you're gonna have a bad time?

I don't think we have narrowed it down to a particular setup.

Doesn't eckseleven have an aftermarket EBCS? Although his issue may be with the stock WG actuator.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

eckseleven was still getting overboost with the IWG running only on spring pressure, no reference boost line even connected. I can't believe that the DP's wastegate dump would be messing things up that bad to be causing that overboost, especially when others have minimal to no issue.

Has anyone besides jojorios had similar boost creep issues with other aftermarket DPs and CBE?

Oh yes, but usually with the Invidia Catless. This is why Deadrick went to ETS for the custom EWG header. The list is long but can't think of any names ATM because most of these guys are not too active on the forum. Also several others including blklgt05 had the overboost issue with the Invidia Catted, that's what lead to several guys getting the turbos ported. Once again, can't recall names immediately.

Fwiw behind your manifold, you'll have to take off your tmic to get to it, there's a hose that is about the diameter of your pinky. See if thats secured. I accidentally pulled it off when we put on the Perrin unit and started the car and sound like a topfuel dragster. Ziptied back on and reset the ecu and everything was back in the clear.

AND WE HAVE A WINNER! Yessir, a small pinky sized hose had come off so I put it all back together and now it runs fine...

except for the overboost that I'm getting again now. I hit 23ish psi twice and took logs. I'm emailing them to my tuner and crossing my fingers.

Thanks for all the help BTW! Y'all are great

EDIT: In response to some of the discussion above: I am on stock mid pipe and cans and currently am over boosting too.

Edited by Sarang

Oh yes, but usually with the Invidia Catless. This is why Deadrick went to ETS for the custom EWG header. The list is long but can't think of any names ATM because most of these guys are not too active on the forum. Also several others including blklgt05 had the overboost issue with the Invidia Catted, that's what lead to several guys getting the turbos ported. Once again, can't recall names immediately.

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on a new or used DP but I might just wait a little before I go stg2 and just get a bpv and a stg1 e-tune.

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on a new or used DP but I might just wait a little before I go stg2 and just get a bpv and a stg1 e-tune.

I dont want to scare you off from Stage2, my point is that I dont think we know enough yet about the current problems that guys are having right now with the Nameless DP to narrow it to this DP causing the issue, because others have had it with other downpipes. There are many more that have had no issue at all with any of the catted downpipe, including the Nameless unit. The overboost problems could be tune related or hardware related (turbine housing casting irregularities, wastegate actuator issues, etc), we just dont know for sure yet.

Edited by GTEASER

I do not have an aftermarket BCS. WG actuator and the rest of the boost control system has tested out fine. All signs point to the exhaust being too free flowing. I have the AVO CBE which connects directly to the Nameless DP. It is 3" up to where it splits at the Y. It narrows down to somewhere between 2.5" and 2.75" from there to the mufflers which are straight through.

I'm willing to bet that anyone that has a full turbo back would get more than wastegate spring pressure boost if they had their tune set to 0% WGDC. Would be very helpful if Fischbach, Swannee, or anyone else that has had "success" could test this theory out but I understand that may be a hassle. If they did this and saw more that ~11psi than they could overboost given the right conditions I would think.

EDIT: In response to some of the discussion above: I am on stock mid pipe and cans and currently am over boosting too.

This concerns me. I was hoping switching out the exhaust would fix my problem. Perhaps you have some sort of mechanical issue? Maybe the flapper can't open? That was my first problem.

Ziptie all of those muthafockers!!!

Stupid question of the day, I see a lot of people saying to ziptie the boost lines. But because of the high heat generated so close to the engine, wouldn't they at some point weaken/melt?

This concerns me. I was hoping switching out the exhaust would fix my problem. Perhaps you have some sort of mechanical issue? Maybe the flapper can't open? That was my first problem.

I wonder that too. I'm heading back to my tuner today to see what he thinks. Mine didn't over boost on the dyno, so I kinda wonder if we will have any trouble reproducing it. I am also still not clear on why mine had the boost dip on the dyno. Hopefully I'll have more info later today...

I wonder that too. I'm heading back to my tuner today to see what he thinks. Mine didn't over boost on the dyno, so I kinda wonder if we will have any trouble reproducing it. I am also still not clear on why mine had the boost dip on the dyno. Hopefully I'll have more info later today...

Have you done any of your dyno pulls in higher gears? It might help generate an overboost scenario.

So I just got back from the tuner and the over boost is gone. With this revision the highest I was able to coax out was 18.4, but I was consistently hitting 17.8ish which makes me very happy.

Essentially, he had upped the WGDC to try to get rid of the boost dip we were seeing on the dyno, but there was no dip on the street. So now I have no dip and I'm hitting target boost crazy fast.

I really liked doing runs on the street like that because we got to do 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear pulls all the way to red line, as well as some pulls in 5th and 6th like I might do to pass or merge on the freeway.

I gotta say the torque rush is just amazing now. :wub:

Stupid question of the day, I see a lot of people saying to ziptie the boost lines. But because of the high heat generated so close to the engine, wouldn't they at some point weaken/melt?

The one I found on the IM would be insulated by the rubber hose on the plastic manifold so I'd think it would be ok. In fact it seems like for most of them the rubber would melt before the plastic zip tie.

I want to find a place that allows me to do a 4th gear pull to redline without going to jail and having my car impounded.

The fourth gear pull was only to 5Kish, we were just on an empty on ramp that was extra long because it's right at the intersection of two freeways. Does that make any sense? Basically it's almost a mile of straight two lane freeway on ramp that had no one on it.

I was most happy about the 50 to 80 pulls we did in fifth and sixth since I can see myself doing those more often.

I have done a 4th gear pull when I was stock, at 3am in mexico...on my way home from work...one day I would like to do that again and then shift to 5th and keep going. There are top speed events that travel around the country I believe. I know I seen vids of one in Miami area here and North Florida I believe. 2 mile runs. Might need more room than that though.

I dont want to scare you off from Stage2, my point is that I dont think we know enough yet about the current problems that guys are having right now with the Nameless DP to narrow it to this DP causing the issue, because others have had it with other downpipes. There are many more that have had no issue at all with any of the catted downpipe, including the Nameless unit. The overboost problems could be tune related or hardware related (turbine housing casting irregularities, wastegate actuator issues, etc), we just dont know for sure yet.

I still want to do it eventually, probably wait until I get a new clutch. What is the cost of porting the turbo and has this successfully resolved the issue in those cases?

Dreizehn does too and he didn't mention any issues either. Would it be safe to say if you run this DP with a 3 inch catback and with no aftermarket boost controller... you're gonna have a bad time?

I'm running the full Nameless TBE with 4" cans. Max boost has been 18.xx.

I also have the Nameless BPV installed, no additional boost control other than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk