LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

So sarang I'm guessing those two threads held up so far

I may try n go to the hardware store and get longer ones

Thanks

I may have described that poorly. It started out with two threads finger-tightened, then I went at it with a socket and got the nut all the way on before it seemed tight enough.

No leaks that I know of, but the bolts really seem like they should be a quarter of an inch longer.

With my Q300 the bolts are plenty long... but that's without the adapter.

Edited by Sarang

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did anyone re use the stock turbo to dp bolts, is it ok

Or do I need to get new ones?

if they are in good condition and the nut spins on the bolt cleanly there is no reason to replace. that i said i LOVE fresh hardware so if they don't look real nice just replace them, it'll be $25 at the hardware store and worth the peace of mind. if the are crush washers or split locking washers they should be replaced no matter what tho

So any news from others? It's not immediate for me but I do have the recirculating valve in the close future and a tuner picked out. It seems my biggest concern right now is getting under the car since it's so low. There's no way I'm getting the front half on jack stands.

It's pretty hot and humid in Florida so I'm not expecting boosting issues.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There's no way I'm getting the front half on jack stands.

well not with that attitude! :lol:

Should be able to whip up a makeshift ramp out of some 2x4's that'll give you enough room to get a jack under the car. That's how I got under my low 5th gen when I had it.

Haha, trust me. I'm a real dyi guy but the way I see it I'm just not sure. I actually bought some low profile ramps just to get a jack under there and just so happens I was tooling around yesterday, jacked up the front drivers side and by time all said and done the rear was lifted as well. I can't imagine going the full 11 inches unless I buy a second jack and do both simultaneously.

Haha, trust me. I'm a real dyi guy but the way I see it I'm just not sure. I actually bought some low profile ramps just to get a jack under there and just so happens I was tooling around yesterday, jacked up the front drivers side and by time all said and done the rear was lifted as well. I can't imagine going the full 11 inches unless I buy a second jack and do both simultaneously.

Just drive onto 2 sets of 2 2x6's stacked so you can pull onto one then the other and jack it up from the cross member or the rear diff if you're tryin to lift the rear.

What weight rating do you have on your jack? Can you not just jack up the entire front?

You can use the factory jack to get it on jack stands just do one side at a time...just another reason not to lower it, lol.

As for the humidity and heat, you shouldn't overboost, but hitting target boost in the summer...I barely hit target boost when it gets into the upper 80s, but hit amost 18 psi when it gets below 60.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160329/50f114feb5717d2e7790c9e0cbfc15de.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160329/f349da0f5f1ebab665411e836c6c5a64.jpg

No great picture but full nameless tbe is installed. V band clamps are so nice

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Just drive onto 2 sets of 2 2x6's stacked so you can pull onto one then the other and jack it up from the cross member or the rear diff if you're tryin to lift the rear.

Yeah the front and rear jack points at the center are the way to go if you want to get the car up on jackstands. I only jacked the car up from the side if I was changing tires.

No great picture but full nameless tbe is installed. V band clamps are so nice

Where are the v-bands at?

^Yes, there is one just before the Y. Maybe a second, but can't remember.

there's one on the end of the resonator and and one before the Y. i just wasn't sure if there were any on the DP itself

Yeah the front and rear jack points at the center are the way to go if you want to get the car up on jackstands. I only jacked the car up from the side if I was changing tires.

Where is the center jack point in the rear?