LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SICK!!! when are you gettin this beast on the dyno? i can't wait to hear her roar!

Thanks man ✌ and I have a tuning date for the 15th so by then! Cars about 75% done, waiting for new gauges to come in, have to wire it up, get alternator back on, headlights and front bumper all back and should be good to go!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Would that be a 20G on the other side of the downpipe flange? ;)

There might be...;] can't wait to finally start her up haha.

And yeah one for the midpipe where the huge donut gasket has to go and one that connects the end of the midpipe to the y pipe portion

the rear diff, recommended by Subaru in the manual

Thanks. This is going to be problematic with my current ride height and jack. Might need another set of mdf pieces to drive onto. makeshift ramps/raiser.

Thanks. This is going to be problematic with my current ride height and jack. Might need another set of mdf pieces to drive onto. makeshift ramps/raiser.

I had the same issue since my car got lowered and ended up screwing some blocks towards the end of a 2x4 type board and driving over them to get clearance haha

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160403/fbac1662d16ba25e23d2b1b82f4a34b8.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160403/575f58fbae36babae89ef03535bfe9ab.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160403/9427190f2670379ea27f3adb75da35c3.jpg

Couple more I snapped real quick while under today

Yesterday I just went back under to make sure the new o2 sensor I had to get actually fit which it does and clears everything so that was good. However I'm also putting in a Wideband A/F using the 3rd bung anddddd it hits the top heatshield, not letting it screw in. Anyone else running a Wideband find this problem or solution? Was just gunna slightly trim it to fit unless I could take the shield off real quick, screw it in and reinstall the shield..

Yesterday I just went back under to make sure the new o2 sensor I had to get actually fit which it does and clears everything so that was good. However I'm also putting in a Wideband A/F using the 3rd bung anddddd it hits the top heatshield, not letting it screw in. Anyone else running a Wideband find this problem or solution? Was just gunna slightly trim it to fit unless I could take the shield off real quick, screw it in and reinstall the shield..

turbo heat shield? delete that hoe and go primitive. their skid plate will actually protect shit.

I have to do this. My turbo heat shield is... umm... on a New England winter diet.

mine damn near completely disintegrated in less than 3 years, i literally didn't even attempt to take the bolts out just gripped it and ripped it. even being washed once or twice a week all through the winter... living/working at the ski mountain really killed her

I guess it would be the heatshield above the cat portion of the DP..Looks like it'll only need a slight trim but well see today. Yeah I ordered and have a new turbo heat shield I went to mock it up yesterday and looks like 2 mounting holes will work but nothing else..maybe cause new turbo? Sooo guess I'll need to add primitive to the list haha

My stock one was so rusted it just fell apart taking it off..and almost all the bolts snapped haha.

Hopefully if I get my base map today and finish some things up with the car (wiring gauges, maybe fogs, screw in wideband and o2 sensor) I'll be able to get a start up vid/clip

I guess it would be the heatshield above the cat portion of the DP..Looks like it'll only need a slight trim but well see today. Yeah I ordered and have a new turbo heat shield I went to mock it up yesterday and looks like 2 mounting holes will work but nothing else..maybe cause new turbo? Sooo guess I'll need to add primitive to the list haha

My stock one was so rusted it just fell apart taking it off..and almost all the bolts snapped haha.

Hopefully if I get my base map today and finish some things up with the car (wiring gauges, maybe fogs, screw in wideband and o2 sensor) I'll be able to get a start up vid/clip

Video logging anything? I've caught a couple on YouTube.

So just finished installing the dp and intermediate pipe pretty straight forward took off intermediate pipe then dp, one stud took a while but otherwise ok n put in my tmic and charge pipe ,so far so good sound a little throatier, using stock mid pipe with nameless axel backs, I will post my numbers on Monday after my tune hoping for 300/300+

Any chance for another group buy? I just purchased my 2012 LGT couple months ago.

Probably not, but iirc there were a couple being sold in the member classifieds. Btw congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum!

Nameless is also offering brand new ones still. Not quite the same deal that we got on the group by, but at least they're still available.

https://shop.namelessperformance.com/2010-2014-legacy/

Video logging anything? I've caught a couple on YouTube.

Hey sorry for the super late response. We are vidding stuff, though at somepoints we didn't record much at all because we just wanted stuff done. After everything's all said and done, if you have any questions I can try or make a vid answering/showing whatever to ya.

So was supposed to be dyno tuned this past friday, went up there with a buddy and his 16wrx. His bearings from the factory are shot, 4k miles on the car and the sound is loud on start up after sitting for a bit. My car got strapped up, did a couple pulls and my tuner told me that I was overboosting..hit 27psi:eek: So after checking all the small stuff, it was at the point where it has to be taken apart and diagnosed. It's gotta be something not allowing the waste gate to open imo, but only time will tell. The full Nameless TBE sounds so aggressive and loud (I have the muffler deletes+4" tips) I love it, cruising around on the base map up to get the tune and around town got a bunch of thumbs up. I'm not sure if there are any clips of it on the dyno, but after everythings all said and done, I'll make an exhaust video/driving vid

Or the wastegate needs porting...I am trying to work myself up to doing it when I do the downpipe. Or maybe waiting and doing the clutch down pipe and wastegate all at the same time. Maybe Fahr-side will have a video made of one by then.

Hey sorry for the super late response. We are vidding stuff, though at somepoints we didn't record much at all because we just wanted stuff done. After everything's all said and done, if you have any questions I can try or make a vid answering/showing whatever to ya.

So was supposed to be dyno tuned this past friday, went up there with a buddy and his 16wrx. His bearings from the factory are shot, 4k miles on the car and the sound is loud on start up after sitting for a bit. My car got strapped up, did a couple pulls and my tuner told me that I was overboosting..hit 27psi:eek: So after checking all the small stuff, it was at the point where it has to be taken apart and diagnosed. It's gotta be something not allowing the waste gate to open imo, but only time will tell. The full Nameless TBE sounds so aggressive and loud (I have the muffler deletes+4" tips) I love it, cruising around on the base map up to get the tune and around town got a bunch of thumbs up. I'm not sure if there are any clips of it on the dyno, but after everythings all said and done, I'll make an exhaust video/driving vid

Stock boost control or Grimmspeed?