LegacyGT.com

Time for a new short block

If the engine is coming out anyways, just pull it now. The exhaust manifold has to come off, the timing belt and gears have to come off, the intake has to come off. After all the work inside the car, all that's left is the tranny bolts.

Just pull the engine, then take it apart on the engine stand.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have my engine lift here at the moment and I don't want it outside for a month I the open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My car sits outside all year, no garage...don't be a prima donna. ;)

Oh that's right...I forgot where you live. Down there in Fairfield country.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

It's different if I had my own spot but when you live at a apartment it's a bit different last time I had to lock my engine lift to a tree when I pulled the motor out of my outback

Yeah luckily I have my moms house and garage with newly installed locking doors. "Tools and Time" were my issue once all the parts come in and I'm still lost on how to use the torque wrench. Damn thing needs to be ARMY proof, "Face towards enemy" and "Place against rock or SOMETHING"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got around to draining the oil my hand healed enough to work again not sure what in the hell hit the turbo no play at all in it http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/24/4d5361b6b41fb34d83f86a47e8253458.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/24/b8b6191fef312ae9d802d90609827b22.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/24/fc643baff010b702a434251c4cd65bac.jpg

Read my thread in my click here link.

Pull the clamps off at the shock tower. SO MUCH EASIER.

Oh, and also bolt the turbo to the up pipe. " " "

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno WTF hit it..

But one thing I'm wondering about is I'm thinking about going back to the 20G that was on the car when I picked it up but obviously change the fuel pump out and injectors.. from what I hear no smaller then 750 cc but what about the fuel pump?

I need a link to that thread about removing the engine so far all I pulled was the intake manifold but with the FMIC and the hoses and BCS in different areas then stock I'm going to need a crap load of help when I get stuff back into place.. lots of hoses are going to need to be replaced.

My main thing is to get the heads off so I can get the valve clearance measured then the heads sent off to get resurfaced.

nothing wrong with modding just dont be like owner before me slap on a larger turbo and CAI and call it a day.

Newer cars like my DD pretty much have nanny tech to detect mods and kill joy the fun where the Legacy will literally let you run it off a cliff. My DD with bolt ons runs slower 1/4 times from the computer trying to default set Tq ratings. Sensors on the BPV and the WGA.

Near the end of this motor's life (I managed to get almost 230k out of it) the knock sensor was pulling so much timing I could hardly accelerate sometimes.. if no one ever felt what timing felt like being pulled all they needed to do was ride in my car.

I know a thread here has something about removing the engine I gotta get that done this week

Near the end of this motor's life (I managed to get almost 230k out of it) the knock sensor was pulling so much timing I could hardly accelerate sometimes.. if no one ever felt what timing felt like being pulled all they needed to do was ride in my car.

I know a thread here has something about removing the engine I gotta get that done this week

If I find it I'll bump it. I was deployed when mine was pulled so I'm now of much help.

Wish I got that far, I only made it to 80K or so.

I'm going to need a decent amount of help I'm only used to pulling EJ25 and Ej22 engines so this is a bit different with the vast amount of lines all over the place.. hopefully when things go back in I can clean it up a little.

Damn, didn't you see the pictures in my click here link. Why did you take all the intake manifold and leave the TGV's the TB there ?

Remove that assemble as a unit after the engine is out.

All you have to do is disconnect the fuel lines from the hose clamps on the shock tower. lay the PS and AC to the sides, do not disconnect the hoses from them.

It's pretty easy if you look it over first and make a plan.

it's a mess of hoses right now.. the BCS was stuffed between the alt and PS pump

I removed the IM because only one line I could remove for fuel and that stupid bracket on the IM end was in the way so I bent it inwards to be able to clear it.

Archived