LegacyGT.com

Installation of cabin air filter. (56k warning)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

z28 dreams,

Don't spray Lysol or any other household disinfectant in there, it is not recommended.

They tend to be corrosive, it will make the compressor surface sorta porrous which will in turn make it for bacteria easier to latch on and thrive.

See this thread, especially page 2

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64635

z28 dreams,

Don't spray Lysol or any other household disinfectant in there, it is not recommended.

They tend to be corrosive, it will make the compressor surface sorta porrous which will in turn make it for bacteria easier to latch on and thrive.

See this thread, especially page 2

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64635

Hmmm... I thought that comment was only for the bleach + water solution? I believe I read somewhere that product like BG's frigi-fresh or whatever actually had similar ingredients to lysol.

• 3 weeks later...
I am so pissed. I have all the necessary parts to convert my 05 to the 08 glove box. I got everything apart today. There is NO WAY the filter tray is coming out. It hits the right support bracket for the glove box where the screw goes in. The alignment is way off from the slot in the back of the 08 glove box. I had to reassemble my orignal setup.

I am so pissed. I have all the necessary parts to convert my 05 to the 08 glove box. I got everything apart today. There is NO WAY the filter tray is coming out. It hits the right support bracket for the glove box where the screw goes in. The alignment is way off from the slot in the back of the 08 glove box. I had to reassemble my orignal setup.

Did you also install the 2008 filter tray? P/N: 73553AG02B

If you didn't...that is the problem.

No problems here with the '08 retrofit in a '05 wagon.

Did you remove the soundproofing bracket attached to the top shelf of glove compartment housing? On my '07 you had to do that. Otherwise not enough space for the filter tray to slide out.

No problems here with the '08 retrofit in a '05 wagon.

Have you tried to remove the filter tray now that everything is assembled? I can get everything in. I just don't see how that tray is going to come out through a slot in the back of the glove box.

Have you tried to remove the filter tray now that everything is assembled? I can get everything in. I just don't see how that tray is going to come out through a slot in the back of the glove box.

Yes, pulled the tray out a week ago to check the filter.

• 4 weeks later...
Can anyone link me to 2008 cabin filter replacement instruction if you guys seen any. I tried searching but no luck. Ive just heard people say it was easier on 1008 but no instruction and it only took 10 minute. So I tried to take all the screws I see in my glove compartment and on the side panel but no luck. Broke one of the piece trying to do it so Ill just wait to see if someone has clear directions.

I have an 07 Spec B and I tried to disassemble half of the dash till I realized I didn't have the right tools. So if you refer to the post that comes up for the 06, I found that once you pop off the end of the dash board cover there are two plastic screws, one (mine had a yellow mark) you can lower the glove box out without the need for a messy dash disassembly. These screws are phillips heads and they have a plastic collar around them so they should be easy enough to spot. If you need more info or a picture just let me know.

I have an 07 Spec B and I tried to disassemble half of the dash till I realized I didn't have the right tools. So if you refer to the post that comes up for the 06, I found that once you pop off the end of the dash board cover there are two plastic screws, one (mine had a yellow mark) you can lower the glove box out without the need for a messy dash disassembly. These screws are phillips heads and they have a plastic collar around them so they should be easy enough to spot. If you need more info or a picture just let me know.

Did you have to disassemble the middle console like how OP did his or was it much easier for your car. Ive read some people say they did it in 5 min for 08 but I cant imagine doing it in 5 min if I have disassemble everything like how OP did. If you have some picture that can help me would be nice. Thank you

I did not have to take apart the middle console, although I started to go down that route and decide against it because of the COP switch and seat heaters. The way to avoid it is to find the plastic phillips head screw that the glove box pivots on and take that out plus one other that is on the side facing the seat. If you remove that right side screw you can lower the glove box easily from its left side pivot point. Then you will have to get manual holder loose (three screws underneath it) and the metal support brace (attached to the three screws) out. From there its just grabbing all four of the pressure points of the front flap of the air filter cover and taking it out.

• 1 month later...

Archived