LegacyGT.com

5th Gen GT Finds

I was looking off and on looking at GT prices for a couple years. The prices seem to spike in the spring and slump through the fall. Last year their were multiple $24k 2012 GT examples sold and it seemed higher than the prior spring (at least equal to 2016). I looked at the NADA and the prices are about $2.5k lower than last year. NADA puts that car at $18.6k for dealer pricing. Edited by dgoodhue

I was looking off and on looking at GT prices for a couple years. The prices seem to spike in the spring and slump through the fall. Last year their were multiple $24k 2012 GT examples sold and it seemed higher than the prior spring (at least equal to 2016). I looked at the NADA and the prices are about $2.5k lower than last year. NADA puts that car at $18.6k for dealer pricing.

Β 

So our cars are like the stock market, buy low and sell high. :lol:

An RRP 2012 GT with <60k miles sold for $24k near me last summer. It really depends on the area and market. If you could find the right buyer, north of $20k doesn't seem impossible to me.

Β 

Bought mine 2 years ago from Indy.

2012 with 84k, for $23500

RRP at that

Thats weird me too, I took mine home April 2nd, 2016. 2010 with 78k paid $14000 and on my two year anniversary she was in the shop, oil coming from rear main seal or oil separator plate. I should know exactly where today. Mechanic said when your PCV valve goes it can cause pressure to build up and seals can leak. We'll see...

• 2 months later...
Little over 10grand is a pretty solid deal I think. Wonder how the process would be getting it into the states though

As I understand it, you come up here, buy it, drive it home....papers to fill out at the border and then get it registered where you live :) After all it was built in the US.

Β 

Β 

That would be about $10,500 USD and the mileage is about 66K miles....kinda wish I wanted another LGT.... but at the moment premium gas around here is approx. $7.50 a gallon :(

Edited by Scooby Fan

As I understand it, you come up here, buy it, drive it home....papers to fill out at the border and then get it registered where you live :) After all it was built in the US.

Β 

I read that their is an issue with importing the newer cars into the US because many cars (Legacy included) do not have TPMS that is required for US cars made after 2007.

I read that their is an issue with importing the newer cars into the US because many cars (Legacy included) do not have TPMS that is required for US cars made after 2007.

Could be?? There was a piece on our local NEWS yesterday showing a stat that about 300,000 Canadian cars go to the US every year....they did not mention the years of production.... I suppose you could easily add TPMS to a Cdn Legacy since the same car in the US has it.

I am going to go have a look at that GT later today :rolleyes:

Β 

Β 

Went to the car lot (Not a dealership) to check it out.....looks like it has been sitting for quite a while....needs a good wash atm. Slight curb rash and a few of the wheels and the normal number of small scratches in the paint for a car of that age. Could not take it for a test drive as it has one tire that is almost flat and no one could get it inflated early on a Sunday morning :( Body looks very good with no sign of any damage or repairs....car is apparently bone stock with the exception of an OEM trunk spoiler. There is a spot on the trunk by the Subaru badge where there was a dealers logo sticker....removed but not cleaned up..... They either didn't know or didn't want to say where the car came from originally.

All in all I would say it would be a good deal for some one who wants a 5th Gen Legacy GT....leather interior and nav....looks like a Ltd. but does not have the fake wood trim. Kinda wish I wanted another GT ;)

Edited by Scooby Fan

I never knew 2010 Canadian Limited GT's did not have the fake wood.

Β 

I was thinking that a prior owner could have done the swap, but I searched the CA Autotrader and found another 2010 leather interior GT and it also had the silver trim as well. It seems like the CA GT didn't get the wood trim.

I was thinking that a prior owner could have done the swap, but I searched the CA Autotrader and found another 2010 leather interior GT and it also had the silver trim as well. It seems like the CA GT didn't get the wood trim.

That was my thought too.....our 2012 has it but I never really thought about earlier ones.....looks Okay with the silver trim but I prefer the wood trim look...fake or not ;)

For all I know this could be an American GT that was brought here.....could be why they didn't say where it was from? If so it would have TPMS too :rolleyes:

If anyone is interested in it, I would think a phone call to the car lot might solve that issue.

Β 

That is correct in Canada we only have one legacy gt model the fully equipped one with silver trimmings, I believe you guys in the US had a few options.

https://worcester.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2010-subaru-legacy-4dr-sdn-h4/6628413969.html

Β 

Offered by: Eagleville Motors β€” (860) 865-1973 β€” $12,995

Β 

Your going to love driving this Legacy GT Limited with it's smooth shifting six speed manual transmission and powerful turbo engine. Fully serviced including new brake pads and rotors all around, fresh oil change, and brand new clutch. Loaded with amenities like heated leather seating, power sunroof, Satellite radio, dual climate controls, and Subaru's legendary all-wheel drive. Here at Eagleville Motors, we offer to finance all credit types. Whether you have good or bad credit we will provide you with the financing you're looking for with interest rates as low as 1.99%. Trade-ins are welcome so come on down and experience the difference Eagleville Motors has to offer because we are always 'soaring above your expectations'! Call or text (860) 406-5036 for quick answers to your questions. Your message will always be answered by a real human , never an automated system.

Eagleville Motors

Β 

Year: 2010

Make: Subaru

Model: Legacy

Series: 4dr Sdn H4 Man GT Limited Pwr Moon

VIN: 4S3BMFK62A1212749

Stock #: 212749

Condition: Used

MPG: 19 city / 27 highway

Exterior: Graphite Gray Metallic

Interior: Off Black