LegacyGT.com

Clash Of Clans, I am hooked !!

BigBlack-V

Ok so I know most of you are noobs that are on here but I have an upgrade dilema. I have 2.5 days till I have level 4 hogs which is awesome.

Do I..... then upgrade my dark barracks (not being able to make hogs for 10 days) to get the goulems OR should I upgrade my giants to level 6?

I use my giants alot for raiding and war however I hear the goulems are really tough however no hogs for 10 days.

What would you upgrade?

If it were me I'd get while the gettin's good. Upgrade to golem. Adjust your attacks to no hogs then readjust your attacks when you get golems.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you not have 2 dark barracks? Or is the other still just a level 1? If that's the case i'd say upgrade that sucka and cruise until your hogs are ready.

I have 1 dark barracks that can make golems and 2 normal barracks that can make pekkas. . . still using dragons in wars as they're awesome.

Biggest thing I don't like about hogs/giants/golems is they get torn up by skeleton traps.

If it were me I'd get while the gettin's good. Upgrade to golem. Adjust your attacks to no hogs then readjust your attacks when you get golems.

Do you not have 2 dark barracks? Or is the other still just a level 1? If that's the case i'd say upgrade that sucka and cruise until your hogs are ready.

I have 1 dark barracks that can make golems and 2 normal barracks that can make pekkas. . . still using dragons in wars as they're awesome.

Biggest thing I don't like about hogs/giants/golems is they get torn up by skeleton traps.

I have one dark barrack and its at level 3. I can make amother dark barrack but I dont have a free builder for another day then it takes 3 days to build it and it costs 750k elixir. To upgrade to get level 4 barracks it will take 2,225,000 elixir so I will have to use some of the gems I have already.

Looks like I need to upgrade to level 4 barracks to get golems abd deal with not having level 4 hogs for another 10 days :spin::spin:

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

. . .or go ahead and build that 2nd dark barracks. . . that way you don't have to ever go without dark troops.

Takes a builder to upgrade same as it does to build new.

Prob is I have 1.7 mil elixer and the level 4 barracks upgrade is 2.25 mil so I will have to raid then use some gems for that upgrade. If I build the 2nd dark barracks I then have to save more elixir and wont be able to get golems for a while.

Takes 3 days to build a 2nd barracks but 10 days to upgrade to level 4 barracks :spin:

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I just went for it and got my 4th builder for 1k gems. Now I have to wait one day until a builder is free and I can upgrade a defense item with my 2 mil gold.

7 days left till golems

1 day till my 4th level 12 gold

5 days till me 3rd level 6 air D

2 days till level 6 queen

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

A lot of taking two steps forward and three steps back in banking trophies yesterday. I'm finally starting to win more raids with lvl 2 Giants. It's getting difficult finding just the right bases to raid. The lvl 4 defensive walls are a bear to break through with my current raid party (12 Giants, 5 archers, 10 Barbs). I only have 75 slots avail + 10 from clan.

Anyone have any general advice how to defeat lvl 4 walls and survive archer towers? I'm at lvl4 TH so my unit selection, strength, and size is pretty limited.

Raiding Rant...

F'ing Clan Castles. Raiding a base with a clan shield on the clan castle is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get. I've mostly been lucky with empty castles (no reinforcements). The ones who had reinforcements had a completely winnable base le sigh

Raiding Rant...

F'ing Clan Castles. Raiding a base with a clan shield on the clan castle is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get. I've mostly been lucky with empty castles (no reinforcements). The ones who had reinforcements had a completely winnable base le sigh

Please post a screen shot of your base Peter.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Here is my little camp.

pwuVUYJFCaJGjJCnP8jOQOTKjyg6qcdnmMrq8C_XzLJm5p9l8HMFyNLN0YGFvPgQH4cFcSMmybs=w1416-h655

Your image appears to be require authorization through Google+. We can't see it.

In other news, I had a craptastic war. I scored 0 stars, and pretty seriously messed up both of my attacks when there was already very little margin of error. However, I've defended a couple of attacks from higher-level players and have yet to give up any stars. Of course, that'll change as soon as we head into the last hour and someone in the other clan's top 5 realizes there's a level 5 TH base that doesn't have any stars scored on it and sends a fleet of dragons, plus a king and queen my way for a 30 second battle.

Heh, all 5 builders huts. You'll need to do a ton of raiding to keep them all busy.

They are earning their keep and staying pretty busy. I'm starting to hit the 12hr+ upgrades now so the work is keeping them busy for a good while :lol:

Is loosing the TH an instant loss in an attack? I kept my TH on the outskirts of my walls at first, but reeled it behind a wall when I lost an attack with just them taking out my TH and a collector. I hate loosing but can see the strategic need to do so to get a shield.

Yep, you will immediately lose. However, unless they clear out your entire base, they'll only get a portion of the available trophies. More importantly, you'll get a 12 hour shield (or 16 if they wipe most of your base) and you'll be able to better protect your storage buildings.

At TH 5, you can put your mortar in the very center and surround it with walls and then your collectors. Then, the rest of your towers will surround that, with more walls.

I've attached the layout I'm using (but won't be for long, I'm upgrading to TH6 as I type). I'm at a trophy level that's probably a bit higher than I should be at right now. Barring someone who is just straight-up a much higher level than I am and wipes my entire base, I tend to successfully defend against raiding attacks. Players looking for trophies usually start at my town hall and work down. Players looking for loot start at my collectors and almost always die before they can reach more than 2 storage buildings.

I use http://www.clashofclans-tools.com/ to find top-rated layouts. Sometimes I'll go through a few different layouts before I settle on one I really like. The one attached is considered a "farming" layout because it offers an easy way to earn a shield and best protects your resource storage.

TH5Layout.jpg.ba7a1322e555c63a430834ef197dd287.jpg

+1 to leave your TH outside.

I really don't understand the trophy race. . . unless you're going for the gem bonus you get for hitting 1250 and again for joining the crystal league, or are trying to stay out of the bottom "indivisible by 5" of your clan so you can fight in wars, trophies are pretty meaningless.

They're not really a good indicator of your attack or defense ability. . . I see nearly maxed out TH10's in the 500's, and I see TH6 in the 1600 range. . . really if you're after trophies you can get them pretty easily just by targeting bases with TH's outside, and you can drop them just as easy by intentionally losing battles (drop one barb/arch and surrender).

I just leave my base outside and let the trophy hunters have it and enjoy my free shield. Resources are a LOT harder to get and keep than trophies.

Oh crap, this is the game my best friend's 5 year old son spent $1800.00 on gems before his parents found out.:lol::lol:

We had a huge laugh about it at our big New Years party.

have him join my clan please

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I just went for it and got my 4th builder for 1k gems. Now I have to wait one day until a builder is free and I can upgrade a defense item with my 2 mil gold.

7 days left till golems

1 day till my 4th level 12 gold

5 days till me 3rd level 6 air D

2 days till level 6 queen

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Archived