LegacyGT.com

Clash Of Clans, I am hooked !!

BigBlack-V

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It takes forever if you don't spend real money. After about 16 months playing I am at TH8 and I maxed everything, even my walls, at TH7.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

How are you guys at such an advanced stage? Do you pay money for coins? I feel like I've been playing forever and my town is still very much n00b status, lol.

It takes forever if you don't spend real money. After about 16 months playing I am at TH8 and I maxed everything, even my walls, at TH7.

I got the $50 package as a xmas gift from my wife that's it. I have a $15 iTunes card from a friend so I will prob use that also

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Best place to look for base designs?

I use http://www.clashofclans-tools.com/Layouts. You can search/filter based on town hall level and what you're hoping to achieve. I tend to just go with whatever is the most highly rated, and then make one or two tweaks.

Bleh. So I have built extra resource storage thing. Guess I wasn't supposed to do that.

Actually, I'd suggest that you actually build all of the buildings you can at your town hall level before you begin to upgrade them. That way, you can set your village layout. So, definitely build extra storages, but hold off on upgrading them until you need the capacity due to capping out on gold or elixir.

Yeah. The walls are insanely expensive. It's almost more bang for your buck to have a double wall of lesser strength, than a single wall of greater strength - especially since the double wall isn't as easily penetrated by those exploding bomb skeleton assholes.

Heh, that entirely depends on what you're protecting. I don't have nearly enough wall segments at TH 5 to double wall my storage and defense buildings. You absolutely have to upgrade them. If you don't have the gold for it, then steal it from other players. That's pretty much how I've funded my wall upgrades for the last 3 upgrades.

Hell, stealing gold and elixir is how I'm funding the majority of my upgrades at this point, even with fully-upgraded collectors.

Archived