LegacyGT.com

Clash Of Clans, I am hooked !!

BigBlack-V

• Moderators

With 2 builders, the upgraded collectors are more than adequate. With 4, not so much. Definitely need to starting raiding other folks.

My shield goes down in about an hour, so that should start soon I guess!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished my 2nd level 7 mortar and 2nd air D level 6. I am in the process of doing another level 6 air D, last level level 6 wiz tower and i have 4 days left till level 4 hogs.

After that I need to upgrape my troop levels :spin::spin:

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I just reached 802 Trophies. That was a grueling 2-3 days... :lol:

Send. Invite. NOW. :D

I've been clan hopping a few times a day so people can donate warriors to me.

keep building up your troops and defense. You have to search for us under clans look for

Devils Dime

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Looks like we're starting a war tonight. We have 29 people in the clan I'm in and I started today as the 26th on trophies. I've been spending my lunch attacking people and wiping their villages off the planet so I can make it into the war.

Is it just the nature of starting out that all of the bases I'm finding to attack don't have many resources?

There are quite a few that don't have many resources. You have to pony up an extra 75 gold if you don't like the match up and want a different one.

You'll want to weigh the elixir winnings against the troops you'll be expending to defeat it. I usually only target matchups that have 2,000+ in elixr.

Is it just the nature of starting out that all of the bases I'm finding to attack don't have many resources?

When I break my shield to attack I sometimes have to waste alot of gold (750 each) to find a base I want to attack. I have gone through 20 bases (I know its a waste of gold) just to find one with the resources worth attacking. Depending on what troops you build and how much they cost you at least need to make back IMO in Elixir what you spent.

My typical farming attack (costs more than most) but I spend with two dragons about 150k in elixir. If I didnt use those dragons it would be about 1/2 that. When I find someone they need to have about 150k in elixir to make it worth it so I look for people with about equal gold/elixir when raiding.

I have been mainly working on upgrading my defenses which only use gold to upgrade so I dont have much use for elixir at this time until i start wanting to upgrade my troops.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I usually only target matchups that have 2,000+ in elixr.

Obviously, the dynamics will change at higher town hall levels. I'm about to upgrade to TH 6 in the next few days and my tactics for raiding has changed since when I first started. Usually, I have a surplus of one resource over the other (and usually, that surplus is elixir because walls take a lot of gold), so I spend most of my time finding villages with breakable defenses (or defenses that I can ignore) and have over 80k gold for the taking. And in most of these cases, the gold is in the collectors outside of their base walls, so I quickly take them down and then surrender (usually giving up a few trophies in the process). I might cycle through 20 different villages before I find one that I decide to attack. It costs me 170 gold to skip to a different village, which is chump change to me since I can store just over 1 million gold right now.

Keep searching. Ideally look for bases that have full collectors as they're usually easier to reach than storages. Abandoned bases are the best as all the bombs/traps will have already been sprung, and you won't have to worry about clan troops.

Look for bases with a good amount of gold/exlir and a lot of tombstone in the field. You can tell how "full" a mine or collector is by its graphic. Here's a woman with a sexier voice than me explaining it:

Or if you don't want to waste 5 minutes, here it is in non-video form:

http://www.clashwiki.com/how-to-tell-if-collectorsstorages-are-full/

You can loot up to 50% of total from a mine or collector. You can only get up to 20% from storages. Mines/collectors are also easier to destroy (less HP).

Once you know that trick, your raiding will be a lot more productive.

Other tips:

-Calculate how much your army costs. Don't raid a base unless it's at least a break-even proposition for elixir, unless you're after a specific resource (gold/trophies/dark elixir) at the expense of elixir.

-Be selective. Keep punching "next" until you get a base you like. I may scroll through 20-30 bases before finding one I feel is worth hitting and within my abilities.

-Archers work great for resource raids, especially if you're only targeting collectors, as you can often find them out of range of defenses. As archers are ranged troops and don't have to stand right next to something to attack it, you get another 6-7 tiles distance between you and the defensive units you don't get with barbarians and goblins. Gobs are great for speedy raids if you can use enough of them to outrun mortars but they'll be dispensed quickly by mortars/wizard towers due to their tendency to cluster up.

I have 3 bases I play right now. . . biggest is a nearly maxed TH8, other is a TH6 that's about 75%, and the littlest is TH3. All in the same clan and I donate myself troops all the time.

PeterJMC: kind of a dick move hopping from clan to clan. Pick a clan and stick with it, once people know you you'll get better troops donated. You were in my clan for an hour or so but you left before you even asked for any troops. Nobody likes noobs that show up asking for hogs or dragons and leave.

. . . and if you think walls are expensive now, wait 'til you start buying L7/8/9 walls.

L7:200,000 ea.

L8 (where I'm at on my big base): 500,000 ea.

L9: 700,000 ea.

It takes a full day's production from all 6 L12 mines to buy a single wall piece at TH8. So yeah, once you level up, you pretty much have to loot just to buy effing wall pieces.

One thing I learned the hard way.... advice for the n00bs like me.

If you are upgrading defenses, they are non-functional when people raid your base. Don't be like me and upgrade all of your defensive weapons while being without a shield. If you must upgrade your defensive weapons while you aren't under a shield, consider upgrading one at a time so you still have defensive capabilities.

One thing I learned the hard way.... advice for the n00bs like me.

If you are upgrading defenses, they are non-functional when people raid your base. Don't be like me and upgrade all of your defensive weapons while being without a shield. If you must upgrade your defensive weapons while you aren't under a shield, consider upgrading one at a time so you still have defensive capabilities.

when i upgrade my defenses I tend to do one air D and a mortar and maybe a wiz tower however I place them in a stronger area of my base because I know they are useless.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Heh, I'm actually upgrading 2 archer towers and a wizard tower all at the same time right now. They each will take a day and I have 15 hours left. I was behind on defenses a bit and I wanted to catch back up quickly. With only 24 hours of downtime, I'll be back to full-strength tomorrow morning.

Bonus: I haven't been attacked yet. But, I've spent most of the afternoon so far making sure my phone stays logged in.

Heh, I'm actually upgrading 2 archer towers and a wizard tower all at the same time right now. They each will take a day and I have 15 hours left. I was behind on defenses a bit and I wanted to catch back up quickly. With only 24 hours of downtime, I'll be back to full-strength tomorrow morning.

Bonus: I haven't been attacked yet. But, I've spent most of the afternoon so far making sure my phone stays logged in.

:lol: 1 day.... most of my upgrades take at least 4 days some up to 8 days. My level 4 hogs have 4 days left and they started at 12 days. Level 12 collectors take 5 days and level 8 air D takes 8 days. :spin::spin:

1 day 6 hours left on my last level 6 wiz tower.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Yeah, I already see the trend. I have level 10 gold mines and level 9 elixir collectors. I'm holding off on upgrading the elixir (takes 3 days) because I'm almost always flush with excess elixir. I cannot spend it fast enough. I'll do the elixir upgrades while my TH also upgrades. Once these towers are done, I'm upgrading all 3 army camps (1 day). When those are done, I'm doing the TH and elixir collectors since that's all that's left.

Eh, I wouldn't mind getting attacked normally, even with 3 towers unavailable (thanks for the 16 hour shield). But I need to make sure I'm in the top 25 for trophies in my clan if I want to participate in the war that starts tonight. So, losing trophies isn't acceptable right now. I'm currently 24th.

barch (barbarian/archer) is great. . . throw the barbs in first and they soak up the hits while the archers snipe from the rear and remain relatively unharmed. . . until your ablative meat shield of barbarians gets used up.

Doesn't work as well on higher bases unless you're only attacking stuff outside the base. . . although I've had some TH10 players run right through me with 240 barch, L7 archers tho. Shit always happens when I get over 20k dark elixir.

Ok so I know most of you are noobs that are on here but I have an upgrade dilema. I have 2.5 days till I have level 4 hogs which is awesome.

Do I..... then upgrade my dark barracks (not being able to make hogs for 10 days) to get the goulems OR should I upgrade my giants to level 6?

I use my giants alot for raiding and war however I hear the goulems are really tough however no hogs for 10 days.

What would you upgrade?

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Archived