LegacyGT.com

Rattsl's 05LGT Build thread (AutoX, track, yet good for daily)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, with the scoop diffuser, it's a lot more surface area. Plus a super thick core.

I meant the ratio of surface area to core thickness that I see being the issue.

That's a lot of volume to cool, and I think once that heat soaks, it's going to stay that way until a long cool down period.

Anyone want to give me a recommendation on TMIC's?

GS

AVO

Perrin

Spearco?

PW (Money wise, it's the highest.)

I currently have a spearco v2 intercooler that I will be putting up for sale soon. I even modified the splitter to work with the lgt.

• 4 weeks later...

Resurrection.

Talked to my tuner a bit and asked her about some choices I made and see if she likes them and if her husband think they'll make the cut.

My compromised list,

-VF52 with 32k on it. No cracks

-Grimmspeed TMIC

-Grimmspeed header crossover pipe

-Fuel Injector Clinic injectors

-Aem fuel pump

- AVO turbo inlet

I'm hoping with those, I may be able to see a 50whp gain if tuned correctly on 93 pump.

I may do E85 later, which is why I chose those injectors.

• 4 weeks later...
So, I rode shotgun with my brother in his Mustang in an Autox event. I'm hooked. Next month I'll be racing. Gotta dial in a few things first, but power wise, I think I'm good.

ASP? With my current mods?

I think Boxkita's been over this at least once -- See the Rulebook and build your mods according to the class you'd in which you'd like to compete. Build your car to how you'd like it, and you'll end up outclassed very quickly.

TL;DR - Most modified LGTs end up out-classed with "inexperienced" drivers behind the wheel. That, and, after you've got mods, you're often up against cars with much more power and mechanical advantages.

I've beaten drivers in cars much faster than mine, like the Evo. It takes seat time, and probably about the time you start to figure AX out, you'll realize you want a car better suited for it. :lol:

Oh, and one of the best mods is a video camera...even if you just record your runs with your cell phone's built in video recorder. If you can mount a gopro to your roof, you'll have a great high angle perspective.

^this.

Also, one of the things people tend to realize once they get in to autox, is that the mod path they took ended up being all wrong. Most of the turbo subaru world tends to go stage 2 very quickly and then end up autox'ing later, finding themselves out classed, and probably turning them off to some degree if they are in a competitive region.

Most of the real autox guys tend to get a car and target a particular class before they start buying go-fast parts. it keeps the build lean and purposeful. this is what i did with my MX-5. STR was the target class, and all my parts are compliant with no fluff.

FWIW guys, SoloStorm for android and a gopro, 10htz GPS and OBD2 bluetooth unit are an amazing combo for data logging runs. Thats what i use.

here is a sample

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ltDIm1LLpc]MSNE 9/13/2014 - YouTube[/ame]

^^ That's pretty cool. I have a Go Pro, so I should be fine.

Now....I know what's going to be the main consensus when it comes to this question....but...

Really...between Megan Racing and Whiteline, when it comes to rear lateral arms for toe adjustments...$100 less for the Megan ones, and they look just as stout.

I live in a relatively dry area, that when it snows, they don't use salt. So rust/corrosion is out of the question.

Archived