LegacyGT.com

Rattsl's 05LGT Build thread (AutoX, track, yet good for daily)

As far as wheel shake, I swapped my fronts to the rear, and still experience it. Axle, bearings, and lca bushings.

Go somewhere that has a Hunter Road Force Spin Balancer and have them check all 4 wheels/tires. One of your wheels may be out of round.

http://www.gsp9700.com/search/findgsp9700.cfm

My first Acura race car had that issue with a set of Rotas. The solution was to toss them for Enkei.

If that isn't the problem start working your way inwards checking and replacing as you go.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty fun experiment I did gaming with Gran Turismo.

I set up 3 setups on my car. One currently with my power, tire choice, and suspension setup. One with altered suspension setup to a preferable street and autox (camber not exceeding -1.5) and my same power plus one step up in traction (still on comfort tires). Then I did a 300hp setup, with the same suspension setup, plus a sport tire (sport hard, which assume would be equivalent to entry level summer tires "comfort being a/s tires").

End result, current setup ran a 1:58 in Laguna Seca, better suspension and tire ran a 1:52, then the more power, same suspension and better tire ran a 1:47. Really cool seeing how much difference the tire choice and suspension adjustment made.

Pretty fun experiment I did gaming with Gran Turismo.

I set up 3 setups on my car. One currently with my power, tire choice, and suspension setup. One with altered suspension setup to a preferable street and autox (camber not exceeding -1.5) and my same power plus one step up in traction (still on comfort tires). Then I did a 300hp setup, with the same suspension setup, plus a sport tire (sport hard, which assume would be equivalent to entry level summer tires "comfort being a/s tires").

End result, current setup ran a 1:58 in Laguna Seca, better suspension and tire ran a 1:52, then the more power, same suspension and better tire ran a 1:47. Really cool seeing how much difference the tire choice and suspension adjustment made.

I built a duplicate of my Miata in Forza and then practice on tracks that look similar to the ones I drive in RL. I did some testing with tuning setups and tire pressures, too. I knew it was making a difference when I was unconsciously countering the g-forces in corners.

So, took my car to get diagnosed, and found out its rotors causing my steering wheel shake. Topped off my powersteering, and was told I needed a new pump.

With rotors needing to be replaced, I figured I'll go with something no one hasn't really mentioned, and decided to give them a shot. Hawk Quiet slot rotors.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/26/89c5a6907b2ebe13a3d97466ff17f2e9.jpg

All 4 under $300 and I was gifted the Stoptech street pads.

Now I want to top it off with stainless steel lines, and better brake fluid, plus the brake brace.

Rotors and pads will go on as soon as I get my hubcentric rings. What brake fluid would you guys suggest?

ATE TYP 200 is the best price to performance for anything less than full on racing. MOTUL , Wilwood, are all good racing fluids. CASTROL SRF is considered the best for high Hp heavy race cars but it's very expensive.

I would start with ATE until you have brake issues. You will probably never push your brakes beyond AT E'S limits. Your pads will go away first. Only using full race pads like Hawk DTC 60 or 70 will you need the more expensive fluids.http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?make=ATE&model=Type+200+Amber+Brake+Fluid

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

+1

If you find you're exceeding your brake fluid's limits, you need to do one of the following:

1. change the way you drive/brake

2. add brake ducting

3. put in a cage/harness/seat/fire extinguisher

4. get a different car

I did #1, then #4

Hahahhahahhaa

Well I was just curious mainly.

As a daily, it does undergo a lot of highway braking, (debris, accidents, and animals) and I understand conventional will be just fine. Just trying to improve brake feel.

I seem to be finding VF52s at a reasonable price, so I'll stick to those, plus it's a direct bolt on. As far as intercoolers go, I'm still weighing options.

As you know from Instagram I blew my motor..I'm selling my whole setup vf52 18k on it no shaft play at all wastage was welded shut for ewg, up pipe with dump tube and 38mm ewg 650cc inj..this setup made good power on a conservative tune and stock fuel pump 311awhp and 340wtq

This is a good turbo for auto x considering its quick spool and instant power because of the size, with dialed in suspension matched with turbo you'll pull some nice lap times

Fluid won't change the feel of the brakes, it's bleeding the system that will make it feel better.

The best improvement you can make to your brakes is with a great set of tires. If you can activate the abs, you're leaving braking performance on the table.

Better tires have more to do with braking performance than any other upgrade. Then lighter wheels. Then better pads. Then the MCB.

Actually, I'd put the MCB before tires. It's a life changing experience. Especially the hyperblack chrome version.

• 2 weeks later...

@slvr08gt, I don't have your IG.

Also, doing a few things before I get an alignment on the car. Ideally right now, for how I'm driving, I want a pretty flat all around alignment.

Between having the fronts at -0.8 and the rears at -0.5, at least somewhere in that range. My rears are at -1.3 and -1.4, so I want to eliminate that.

I have purchased the KCA399 kit for the rears to help with adjustment, so for the fronts, I'm good buying the H&R camber adjust bolts, or the Eibach ones? (Cost difference, and actual camber adjustment difference). Preferences to either or?

My main concentration currently is getting the suspension dialed in before anything.

Also, I did my brakes as some of you know. :D10926402_10206052764226793_2139987997776041978_n.jpg?oh=cf15991e55091a0060a0f806284f60fe&oe=553280DC&__gda__=1429427816_584af26a2e0063201bb3ba5a7ddd7035

All that work and you didn't paint the calipers?

Does it help me brake faster?

Should I have put on those plastic "Brembo" covers on it to reduce brake dust, thus...go fast?

Does it help me brake faster?

Should I have put on those plastic "Brembo" covers on it to reduce brake dust, thus...go fast?

No, but, neither do those white letters, if you're honest about it. Just pointing out that you went to the effort to make it pretty, and skipped a thing most people do when doing brakes that are visible behind the wheels. .

Boy your car is shiny...my black car hasn't been washed in over a month. It looks real good after the drive to VT today, we had 3" of snow this morning.

May be in a few weeks when we have the January thaw I'll bring it to the drive thur car wash.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Trust me, it looks shiny. A bunch of road rash everywhere. My sideskirts are shot, my front bumper and hood are shot. Rear bumper needs works. Minor hail damage in a couple places.

Ughh.

Kinda have been looking around for power mods next seeing as so far, most of my suspension troubles have been fixed.

PW Verticooler looks neat. Thick core, nice design that in a aerodynamic point of view, sort of makes sense. (Less surface area to gather heat from stock turbo location, different scoop diffuser.) With that said, I just realized they don't make it for the GT lol. Back to the drawing board.

-PW Verticooler/ Something else.

-TGV Deletes

-740CC injectors

-255lph fuel pump

-VF52/18g?

-cold plugs

-plus other necessary hoses.

Thoughts?

On pump fuel, may be near 280whp give or take. Possibly a bit more depending on the obvious factors.

Car just feels slow, and I've overboosted 3 times this season. I may have to check all vacuum hoses.

PW Verticooler looks neat. Thick core, nice design that in a aerodynamic point of view, sort of makes sense. (Less surface area to gather heat from stock turbo location, different scoop diffuser.) With that said, I just realized they don't make it for the GT lol. Back to the drawing board.

It's also less surface area that will be directly hit with cooler air. I'd imagine that intercooler will retain heat much more than it should.

Also make sure you have your undertray on if you want to maximize intercooler efficiency.

Archived