LegacyGT.com

Official 6th Gen Legacy Aftermarket Mods and Accessories

So does anyone have a good steer towards door edge guards/bumpers? I find myself being exceptionally careful in parking lots, since the Legacy's got a much larger and heavier door than my Accord did, and I just know if I swing it too quickly I'll be doing more than dinging someone else's door.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had any luck with aFePower Coupon Codes???? I'm looking at their Takeda intake for the 16 Legacy 3.6r but $311 seems kind of steep for an intake... There's an Easter code but it only takes off $15 bucks lol.

EDIT: After live chatting with a customer service rep from a different vendor I was able to get the price down to $256 which he claimed was wholesale price. It's amazing what cracking a few jokes can do :p

Edited by RobbieGT

Has anyone had any luck with aFePower Coupon Codes???? I'm looking at their Takeda intake for the 16 Legacy 3.6r but $311 seems kind of steep for an intake... There's an Easter code but it only takes off $15 bucks lol.

EDIT: After live chatting with a customer service rep from a different vendor I was able to get the price down to $256 which he claimed was wholesale price. It's amazing what cracking a few jokes can do :p

$256!! from...

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed the SSD front strut bar on my 2016 2.5. I feel no difference at all. I ordered it as soon as I found it because on my past subarus (99 2.5rs; 97 OBSW) the strut bar made a huge difference. The good new is, the new legacy is way stiffer and doesn't need the support. The bad news is, I could have read around a little and saved myself $150 because this is not uncommon knowledge. I'm leaving it on until I begin looking for ways to reduce weight, as this steel bar is a lot heavier than my old alu and cf strut bar on my RS.

So, there you go. I would not recommend this add-on.

Cheers,

a.

I just installed the SSD front strut bar on my 2016 2.5. I feel no difference at all. ... The good new is, the new legacy is way stiffer and doesn't need the support.

Thanks for posting. That is useful information.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

a crank pulley voids warranty ???

Nothing technically voids the warranty, per the Magnusson Act they have to prove it helped contribute to the malfunction of the vehicle. The crank pulley being such an integral part of the system could be an easy place to point to in the event of an error.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Nothing technically voids the warranty, per the Magnusson Act they have to prove it helped contribute to the malfunction of the vehicle. The crank pulley being such an integral part of the system could be an easy place to point to in the event of an error.

ah very true, i just haven't dove into this engine enough. Ive done it in my last car.

My dealer seems to think swapping the crank pulley is no big deal. Said swapping out the air intake for a CAI would be fine as long as it isn't low enough to suck up a puddle. He said the only thing that we really shouldn't mess with is the ecu and the exhaust.

Edit: for clarification, I called my dealer and asked to speak to their technical warranty guru and asked him plainly about all the mods I was considering, including those above. I haven't done anything yet so it was all straight talk, what can and can't I do without getting in trouble with the warranty. Obviously, they won't fix what a funky mod broke, but says the burden of proving that the mod was at fault is on them, and one component in a chain (e.g broken oem end link after installing larger RSB) will not roundly kill coverage or related components (eg control arms) forever. Fix the broken link yourself and all is well.

Edited by aotus

My dealer seems to think swapping the crank pulley is no big deal. Said swapping out the air intake for a CAI would be fine as long as it isn't low enough to suck up a puddle. He said the only thing that we really shouldn't mess with is the ecu and the exhaust.

Edit: for clarification, I called my dealer and asked to speak to their technical warranty guru and asked him plainly about all the mods I was considering, including those above. I haven't done anything yet so it was all straight talk, what can and can't I do without getting in trouble with the warranty. Obviously, they won't fix what a funky mod broke, but says the burden of proving that the mod was at fault is on them, and one component in a chain (e.g broken oem end link after installing larger RSB) will not roundly kill coverage or related components (eg control arms) forever. Fix the broken link yourself and all is well.

You have the coolest dealer ever. My dealer is the complete opposite. Hates CAI's and doesn't give a hell about exhaust as long as it's axleback.

The more I think about it, if one of those lightweight crank companies wanted to send me one out for a discounted price I'd do a little tutorial / review. I'll contact em and see what's up.

ok so i may be losing my mind here, but i feel like i saw a unicorn today. i was parallel parking in downtown portland oregon today and i caught in my sideview a 2016 legacy with sti badging. as it drove by i saw s402 badges. i was stunned i didn't realize there were s402 legacy's in the states.. I'm lost because I've been searching the internet for one and can't find information anywhere on a 2016 legacy s402. can any one point me to a thread or anything? i feel like I'm losing my mind.. This car was a beautiful bluish grey with 2016 sti style wheels and wing, and the bumper trim had red accents. The interesting part is that it had an oregon plate over euro plates.. was this car imported? please someone help me I'm in the market for a new car and after what i saw today my mind is set.

I came across this one in another forum. Did it look like this:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160501/d39dfcc6aecf4979d10aa079fff45b03.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160501/eb6d86617cb499dc0cf2acc2f020527a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except the front lip, you can not pay me enough to drive that car.

Total identity crisis.

To me the wing looks out of place. Looks better on a smaller car like sti. Spent alot of money on the wing, hood scoop, and grill but cheaper out on terribly made lip

To me the wing looks out of place. Looks better on a smaller car like sti. Spent alot of money on the wing, hood scoop, and grill but cheaper out on terribly made lip

That looks like a JDM Front Lip which is not cheap.

• 3 weeks later...
Does any one make those eye lids like the STI guys have, that delete the orange marker at the end of our headlights?

Like this?

(Ignore peeling Lamin-X:spin:)

http://i.imgur.com/fdemmi7.jpg

There's a guy on the Outback forum selling them, however I made these myself with leftover vinyl from my roof wrap.

Just make the shape you want out of masking tape, peel it off the headlight and place onto vinyl, cut around template, and stick on. Took maybe 30 mins.